blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:45:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2988 2989 2990 2991 [2992] 2993 2994 2995 2996 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334220 times)
slowmo

View Profile
« Reply #44865 on: June 12, 2016, 08:14:47 PM »

Yes mate , WSOP how can you not enjoy it.. Yeah what are the odds of being sat next to a guy from Notts even with only 1000 runners left rather than 4200 that started the day. haven't checked the chip counts Tony but my guess is the bubble will burst first thing this morning ( might even have happened last night which would be interesting from a rules standpoint )) so disappointed I couldn't cash as played great and had no material to deal with for the last 4 hours of play so I was constantly picking spots to nick the blinds and antes to keep a stack . Had KK like 3 times in 9 1/2 hours , never had aces, queens or jacks all day and AK only like 3 times so it was a real grind all day .  Not sure I could have played much better and didn't get my fair share of fortune. Still I am the luckiest guy in the world in every area of my life but gambling so what does a poker tourney really matter.
Play well , might see you at Planet Hollywood Wednesday if I make day 2 of their $400 jobbie .
If not play well, tear some new ones and above all enjoy . Life is short
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44866 on: June 12, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »

Today, I was due to play this.....

Golden Nugget, Sunday 12th June, 11am, $240 PLO8

I'm going to have to miss this, I'm afraid. I got rather badly sunburnt over in California, & I don't take sunlight too well - I'm bright red - positively shining - & my hands & arms have swollen up quite badly, coupled with moderately severe heat rash. It's quite normal for me, I don't take heat & sun very well, but it clears up very quickly.

I'll be back in action tomorrow, though, in a carbon copy of today's affair, & then again on Wednesday, when I'll be back at PH for another bash at Big O. 

Binions, Monday 13th June, Noon, $240 PLO8

Apologies all, but it can't be helped. Look at it as $240 saved......

Wasn't expecting anything back so feels like a win.

Look after yourself out there and good luck.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44867 on: June 12, 2016, 08:58:35 PM »

I'm going to have to miss this, I'm afraid. I got rather badly sunburnt over in California, & I don't take sunlight too well - I'm bright red - positively shining - & my hands & arms have swollen up quite badly, coupled with moderately severe heat rash. It's quite normal for me, I don't take heat & sun very well, but it clears up very quickly.

I'll be back in action tomorrow, though, in a carbon copy of today's affair, & then again on Wednesday, when I'll be back at PH for another bash at Big O.  

Wasn't expecting anything back so feels like a win.

Look after yourself out there and good luck.

Sadly, it doesn't mean that you get that money back, it just means that you get a bigger percentage of the zero returns that he will make for the rest of the trip.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44868 on: June 12, 2016, 08:59:41 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44869 on: June 12, 2016, 09:05:56 PM »

Marv.

Gill repeatedly said "put some cream on", but it did not seem that hot, & I was not sunbathing as such. We went out on the whale watching boat for a few hours, then walked from Oceanside to Oceanside Harbour & back (about 20 miles each way) & although it was sunny, it did not seem that hot at the time.

For some reason, I can't stand sun tan lotion, it just feels so yukky.

I regret it now, of course, but it's a bit late now. I'll never learn.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44870 on: June 12, 2016, 09:07:43 PM »

Did you not invest in sun-screen factor 40 or whatever it is?

Sometimes I can't help but wonder...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44871 on: June 12, 2016, 09:09:24 PM »

Marv.

Gill repeatedly said "put some cream on", but it did not seem that hot, & I was not sunbathing as such. We went out on the whale watching boat for a few hours, then walked from Oceanside to Oceanside Harbour & back (about 20 miles each way) & although it was sunny, it did not seem that hot at the time.

It only feels yukky for about 2 minutes.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44872 on: June 12, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »

It's time to admit that it was your first time wearing a thong in Socal.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #44873 on: June 12, 2016, 11:49:32 PM »

Marv.

Heatstroke seems to have affected your brain, you mixed up miles and minutes Smiley

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44874 on: June 12, 2016, 11:53:51 PM »

Marv.

Heatstroke seems to have affected your brain, you mixed up miles and minutes Smiley

May be true......

It seemed like 20 miles.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44875 on: June 13, 2016, 07:21:30 PM »

I'm all set to play the $240 PLO8 @ Binions today, & I'll head Downtown at around 11am for the noon start, so plenty of time to park, buy-in, & get me a Starby.

My sun-induced ailments are a little better thanks to liberal application of cortisone (?) cream from Mr Walgreen, though it's embarrassingly unsightly. When I pull in all the pots I win, I'll need to do so with some alacrity, as I'm not awfully keen on people looking at Mr Spotty. I also learned this morning that it's unwise to apply after shave to a sunburnt face & forehead, jeez, it stung.

There's no wifi at Binions, or never has been, despite them always saying "we will have it next year", so Updates will be sparse at best, though I'll pop across to Golden Nugget at breaks & try to do a little progress report.

It's a $240 PLO8 @ Binions, I very much enjoy playing there, & today's plan is to get really aggro & busy, & see where that gets me.   

I would assume it is a re-entry, so I'll have an emergency spare bullet with me, but won't re-enter once the value has gone.

30,000 chips, half hour levels, but I've no idea what blinds start at.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #44876 on: June 13, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »

I'm all set to play the $240 PLO8 @ Binions today, & I'll head Downtown at around 11am for the noon start, so plenty of time to park, buy-in, & get me a Starby.

My sun-induced ailments are a little better thanks to liberal application of cortisone (?) cream from Mr Walgreen, though it's embarrassingly unsightly. When I pull in all the pots I win, I'll need to do so with some alacrity, as I'm not awfully keen on people looking at Mr Spotty. I also learned this morning that it's unwise to apply after shave to a sunburnt face & forehead, jeez, it stung.

There's no wifi at Binions, or never has been, despite them always saying "we will have it next year", so Updates will be sparse at best, though I'll pop across to Golden Nugget at breaks & try to do a little progress report.

It's a $240 PLO8 @ Binions, I very much enjoy playing there, & today's plan is to get really aggro & busy, & see where that gets me.   

I would assume it is a re-entry, so I'll have an emergency spare bullet with me, but won't re-enter once the value has gone.

http://www.binions.com/gaming/poker_classic.php

Good luck today, sunshine Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44877 on: June 13, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »

http://www.binions.com/gaming/poker_classic.php

Good luck today, sunshine Wink

Good work Marky, thank you.

Looks like it'll play plenty fast.

When I play at Binions, there's always the limper who calls 100, then it goes 3/4/5 bet, & our gallant limper calls.....

Gonna be edge of the seat stuff today, I'm in gung-ho mode. 

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44878 on: June 13, 2016, 07:35:59 PM »

Rip some new ones.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #44879 on: June 13, 2016, 07:44:54 PM »

A five bet? At Binion's?

Typo surely?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 2988 2989 2990 2991 [2992] 2993 2994 2995 2996 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: