blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:00:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3067 3068 3069 3070 [3071] 3072 3073 3074 3075 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321512 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46050 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:24 AM »

Errr sorry but you twiddle your willy at the table? Like masturbation? Is it more frantic depending on hand strength and frequency of scoopios?

I would say that hand-strength is almost certainly a factor.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46051 on: June 29, 2016, 12:58:30 AM »

Lolz..oh a little boy willy twiddle, was going to say, masturbating furiously whilst ripping new arseholes would be a peculiar thing.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46052 on: June 29, 2016, 12:59:44 AM »

Errr sorry but you twiddle your willy at the table? Like masturbation? Is it more frantic depending on hand strength and frequency of scoopios?
Wasn't the standard punishment for twiddlage the wearing of boxing gloves? Gonna be awfully difficult to handle cards if this punishment is enforced at the table.  

Cymru am byth
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46053 on: June 29, 2016, 01:02:43 AM »

That said I flopped a royal flush in a big comp once and seem to remember I copped a semi

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46054 on: June 29, 2016, 01:53:27 AM »

Best of luck today, Tikay!

Have to come to the strip later to check in at Aria, so will try and get down to the Venetian for a rail.

Thanks Marky - but note Day 2 is TOMORROW (Wednesday) NOT today.

Today is Day 1b, for all those who have yet to make Day 2. Wink
[/quote

Ha!

In that case, I'll try to make it up there on Wednesday Smiley

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #46055 on: June 29, 2016, 02:38:33 AM »

Talking of Willy twiddlers.

Morning Marky, how's it going son?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #46056 on: June 29, 2016, 02:58:41 AM »

There's a massive thunderstorm going on over Vegas.

Hypnotic to watch, because of how far you can see from a high up hotel room.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46057 on: June 29, 2016, 03:29:42 AM »

Talking of Willy twiddlers.

Morning Marky, how's it going son?

Not the best first week, or rather first few days...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46058 on: June 29, 2016, 05:35:22 AM »

Exactly. Love Vegas thunderstorms, but that thunder was well scary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46059 on: June 29, 2016, 05:57:58 AM »

Exactly. Love Vegas thunderstorms, but that thunder was well scary.

Feel seen off, as I didn't even know there was one going on.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46060 on: June 29, 2016, 06:38:22 AM »

A question for the O8 experts.

We are playing 25,000 or so at 400-800, blinds go up in 6 minutes.

There is a raise in front of us to 1,600.

We have......

What would you do in this spot?

Just wanted to draw a line under this one. The venerable nirvana was first to answer "call", having torn himself away from the fabulous blonde Brexit debate. Not too many forums could host such a great, civil & balanced debate without any bad blood or immature shite.

Anyway, the Aces hand.

It just struck me as very interesting, that in, say, PLO, we'd be hammering the pot button here, whereas in O8, we have to play this hand defensively, & sort of backwards.

The chap who min-raised was on the button. The Small Blind (I was in the Big) was defending wide, deep stacked, & very good, & the Button knew this, so deffo had a playable hand. Mostly - MOSTLY - they have some sort of good low - an A-2, A-3 sort of hand. I was acutely aware he almost certainly had an Ace, so my chances of setting up were slim. I played the hand in the knowledge that I'd snap give up on all low flop or board.  

The flop was Q-8-7. Quite good really, my equity increased as I had the Q, & the low has not (yet) hit. I planned to check call any bet, but it went check check.

The turn raised my eyebrows, as it paired the 7. (Q-8-7-7). This looked a good bluffing card, I can easily have a 7 dangler, so I bet it, about 40% of pot. He dwelled, & then called, reluctantly I thought. Now I'm 99% sure he has A-2 or similar, & just wants to get to see the river as cheap as possible.  

The river was even better - this time it paired the (Q-8-7-7-8). That looked a dream card from me. I win all 2 pair jobbies, there is no low, & unless he has an 8 or 7, it's game over.

I bet 30% of the pot here. I was not mad keen on betting, but I did not want him making a stab at it if I checked. I'd likely call if he did, but I'd not be loving life. It just seemed the cheapest way, a sort of blocker bet.

He folded quickly, so we can assume he had A-2 or similar, & we took a decent littler pot.

Feel free to dissect that as you see fit. Be nice though, right?

I generally really like the way you played it. You were OOP but used pot control, you placed opponent on a range and got a dialogue going through the betting and your read was spot on, WP!

Only slight differences in the way I would see the hand.

I think checking the flop is completely fine and I would do the same. If you lead and opponent has any big draws along with the low and throws the pot in your face you get blasted off the hand. Therefore I personally really like the check.

The turn bet again is good IMO, it makes opponent pay for any draws including low draws and his actions will give you a sense of where you are in the hand. I think this bit is key though... The only part I may play differently is the river. If opponent has a27x or a37x would we hear all about it with a reraise on the turn? Would he give any clues away by his actions even if he flat calls? You thought he called reluctantly so didn't have him on the 7 and liked the river. I think his range is filled with more missed draws and hands with no showdown value than 8's which is the only thing I would really be worried about. It is perfectly possible he has an 8 but more likely, as you thought, that you were actually ahead. I think in that spot I would be check/calling the river to let him try and blow you off the pot. Id probably sigh then check the river as if I was trying to blocker bet it on turn and missed my low and then snap call. I think with his air hands he kinda has to throw some chips at it on the river and might often make a very big bet to 'make it look convincing'.

All in all, very very well played IMO. Very tricky hand OOP and you kept good control on the pot and got value out of it too.

Best of luck in the PLO8 tourney tonight!

Think that is fair point as to the play on the river.

Thing is, if I have ranged him correctly, he cannot possibly call - he has a missed low, nothing else, & we don't get paid. The other side of that coin is I save myself an awkward call if he takes a stab at it.

On balance, I think you make a good point though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46061 on: June 29, 2016, 06:39:36 AM »

A question for the O8 experts.

We are playing 25,000 or so at 400-800, blinds go up in 6 minutes.

There is a raise in front of us to 1,600.

We have......

What would you do in this spot?

Just wanted to draw a line under this one. The venerable nirvana was first to answer "call", having torn himself away from the fabulous blonde Brexit debate. Not too many forums could host such a great, civil & balanced debate without any bad blood or immature shite.

Anyway, the Aces hand.

It just struck me as very interesting, that in, say, PLO, we'd be hammering the pot button here, whereas in O8, we have to play this hand defensively, & sort of backwards.

The chap who min-raised was on the button. The Small Blind (I was in the Big) was defending wide, deep stacked, & very good, & the Button knew this, so deffo had a playable hand. Mostly - MOSTLY - they have some sort of good low - an A-2, A-3 sort of hand. I was acutely aware he almost certainly had an Ace, so my chances of setting up were slim. I played the hand in the knowledge that I'd snap give up on all low flop or board. 

The flop was Q-8-7. Quite good really, my equity increased as I had the Q, & the low has not (yet) hit. I planned to check call any bet, but it went check check.

The turn raised my eyebrows, as it paired the 7. (Q-8-7-7). This looked a good bluffing card, I can easily have a 7 dangler, so I bet it, about 40% of pot. He dwelled, & then called, reluctantly I thought. Now I'm 99% sure he has A-2 or similar, & just wants to get to see the river as cheap as possible. 

The river was even better - this time it paired the (Q-8-7-7-8). That looked a dream card from me. I win all 2 pair jobbies, there is no low, & unless he has an 8 or 7, it's game over.

I bet 30% of the pot here. I was not mad keen on betting, but I did not want him making a stab at it if I checked. I'd likely call if he did, but I'd not be loving life. It just seemed the cheapest way, a sort of blocker bet.

He folded quickly, so we can assume he had A-2 or similar, & we took a decent littler pot.

Feel free to dissect that as you see fit. Be nice though, right?

What would you do if foe re-raised on river?

Good luck at Venetian, I am missing Vegas already Sad

1) Crap myself.

2) Blame Marky.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #46062 on: June 29, 2016, 07:30:36 AM »

Love that on the Venetian twitter update you are listed as Tony llendall. Another alias for the silver rogue Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #46063 on: June 29, 2016, 08:32:35 AM »

Love that on the Venetian twitter update you are listed as Tony llendall. Another alias for the silver rogue Smiley

Representing Wales, presumably. Or is he now the guitarist for Black Sabbath?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46064 on: June 29, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »

Thanks guys, appreciate the support.

21 remain from 121 starters, the average is 86,429, and we have bagged up........86,500. Don't ever recall bagging up an above average stack (just......) for a day 2.

We return at 5pm on Wednesday, as there is another day 1 tomorrow.

We are still some way off the money, and blinds will be 1,500-3,000 upon resumption, but we have a shot, and we avoided the dilemma of whether to take a 2nd bullet.

Very happy.

Back to The Rio now, got a bit of work to sort, then I'll have a delish burger and chips from the Sports Deli, a Haggen Daz choc ice, and sleep like a top.

Night all.

A total of 266 entries over the two days with 27 paid.
My advice would be to have an above average chip stack at the end.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Pages: 1 ... 3067 3068 3069 3070 [3071] 3072 3073 3074 3075 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: