blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:12:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 3114 3115 [3116] 3117 3118 3119 3120 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6318121 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #46725 on: July 24, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »

Are these t-shirts available to buy anywhere?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46726 on: July 24, 2016, 12:37:52 PM »

Before harking back to Vegas, I must just mention yesterday's adventure. A day at the seaside, of all things. Never thought I'd do any more of those, but it went rather well. Took the train, obv, which was jolly exciting. In fact we used 5 different trains. Is it possible to have more fun in a single day?

We went to Bournemouth, & I don't recall ever going there before. Beautiful sandy beach, immaculately clean everywhere, glorious weather, we even had a swim in the sea. 

Away from the beach, the town is a typical English seaside town - ageing, run down & a bit grotty in places. We went into House of Fraser, which, I suggest, had not changed in 50 years. How places like that keep going I've no idea.

The station is 103 miles from the beach, & we walked it both ways. FFS.

I suppose we chose the nut day, as the weather was glorious all day. On the downside, the place was absolutely heaving, way too many folks there.  Queues for ice creams, fish & chips, even (for the Ladies, but not the men) to have a wee.

Not really my cup of tea, but Gill loved every minute, so that ticked a box. Personally, a quiet cottage in the West Highlands of Scotland beats a beach all day every day.     

We even had our own Beach Hut. Proper posh, us.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46727 on: July 24, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »

The place was heaving, look at this.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46728 on: July 24, 2016, 12:47:54 PM »

Too late son, all sold out.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46729 on: July 24, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »

Back to Vegas.

A few weeks ago, when I was too busy enjoying myself to reply, head completely up arse, MANTIS, who, let us remember, was the one who sparked this years Staking Adventure, asked about Top Golf in Vegas, as he operates a mini subsidiary of the same thing.

Well by sheer chance, one of the booked "Outings" for the Sky Poker qualifiers in Vegas was a night at Top Golf. I did not attend, as I was busy updating, & anyway, I'm an unsociable animal, especially when alcohol is involved.

However, by all accounts, it was THE best night of the entire trop for most of those who attended.

I don't quite understand what it's all about, but I gather it is somewhere between a high-tech Golf Driving Range & a piss up.  

Either way, it was easily the most popular night of the trip.

My admiration for Brad knows no bounds.  

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #46730 on: July 24, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »

Not sure if you have my correct bank details as I think we've dealt in cash over the last couple of years, want me to send them over again?

Hi Adam,

I seem to have your Bank Details on file, so no, we are OK.

The Transfer name is "Adam Dollars", so if memory serves correct, that was only last year, as you & I did a bit of business whilst in Vegas.

Yes, you saved my life that day, thank you.

Monies received here as well, will be in for next year as always.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #46731 on: July 24, 2016, 01:13:29 PM »

Anne Summers catalogue only.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46732 on: July 24, 2016, 01:25:01 PM »

Before harking back to Vegas, I must just mention yesterday's adventure. A day at the seaside, of all things. Never thought I'd do any more of those, but it went rather well. Took the train, obv, which was jolly exciting. In fact we used 5 different trains. Is it possible to have more fun in a single day?

We went to Bournemouth, & I don't recall ever going there before. Beautiful sandy beach, immaculately clean everywhere, glorious weather, we even had a swim in the sea. 

Away from the beach, the town is a typical English seaside town - ageing, run down & a bit grotty in places. We went into House of Fraser, which, I suggest, had not changed in 50 years. How places like that keep going I've no idea.

I suppose we chose the nut day, as the weather was glorious all day. On the downside, the place was absolutely heaving, way too many folks there.  Queues for ice creams, fish & chips, even (for the Ladies, but not the men) to have a wee.

Not really my cup of tea, but Gill loved every minute, so that ticked a box. Personally, a quiet cottage in the West Highlands of Scotland beats a beach all day every day.     

Think Bournemouth is classed as a city, but I just see it as a nice sized town.

Only 20 minutes up the road from me, and I used to always enjoy a day/night out there.

Bet those huts go for some dough, for what they are.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46733 on: July 24, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »

I suppose we chose the nut day, as the weather was glorious all day. On the downside, the place was absolutely heaving, way too many folks there.  Queues for ice creams, fish & chips, even (for the Ladies, but not the men) to have a wee.

Only 20 minutes up the road from me, and I used to always enjoy a day/night out there.

A single days rental cost me £40. That is not even the peak rate - it's £48 in August.

Well handy though. I did not think i had ever been in a beach hut before, but I just remembered I had one before, in Walton-on-Naze the year England won the World Cup. Think it cost half a crown for a full week.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:31:37 PM by tikay » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46734 on: July 24, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »

I suppose we chose the nut day, as the weather was glorious all day. On the downside, the place was absolutely heaving, way too many folks there.  Queues for ice creams, fish & chips, even (for the Ladies, but not the men) to have a wee.

A single days rental cost me £40. That is not even the peak rate - it's £48 in August.

Well handy though. I did not think i had ever been in a beach hut before, but I just remembered I had one before, in Walton-on-Naze the year England won the World Cup. Think it cost half a crown for a full week.

Cabanas @ Encore Beach Club have nothing on Bournemouth Cheesy

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46735 on: July 24, 2016, 02:31:19 PM »

Staking returns received with thanks.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #46736 on: July 24, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »

In addition, I have not paid EvilPie, & have absolutely no intention of so doing. He can whistle.

Seems perfectly acceptable. I never intended to pay you for the stake if you'd done what you were supposed to and lost the lot.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #46737 on: July 24, 2016, 04:50:41 PM »

A friend of mine has one a couple of miles down the beach in a quieter area, it's a touch bigger than those shown and you can kip in it and it's done out inside. It's worth £250k I kid you not....
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46738 on: July 24, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »

A friend of mine has one a couple of miles down the beach in a quieter area, it's a touch bigger than those shown and you can kip in it and it's done out inside. It's worth £250k I kid you not....

Yeah, remember seeing some advertised somewhere.

Unreal, isn't it.

Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #46739 on: July 24, 2016, 05:11:53 PM »

Staking returns received with thanks.

I had a call from the bank to see if it was legit, but told them you are now being coached by Orford. That is all they needed.

I hope Jeeves got back ok?....didnt hear much off him this trip TBH.

Life has no rebuy options
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 3114 3115 [3116] 3117 3118 3119 3120 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: