blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3176 3177 3178 3179 [3180] 3181 3182 3183 3184 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329873 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47685 on: December 20, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »

A little googling suggest the final event was Monte Carlo. Pretty sure Jen's Mum came along, too.

Mess with this young Lady at your peril.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47686 on: December 20, 2016, 09:49:50 AM »

Hi Tony, long time no see, hope you are well. Saw this and thought you might like it. Cruise liner shaped abandoned hotel for rail buffs.

http://trib.al/3O1qNhy

By coincidence, I think the last hotel to feature here was the Belvedere too.

Click to see full-size image.

So I had to look it up

Belvedere

noun
a building, or architectural feature of a building, designed and situated to look out upon a pleasing scene.

The origin is latin

1590-1600; < Italian: fine view < Latin bellus fine + vidēre to see

Eat your heart out Tal. 

Wowzer, good spot David.

Tal won't be able to top that ever.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47687 on: December 20, 2016, 09:56:52 AM »

A 101-year-old man has been jailed for 13 years for committing 30 child sex offences.

Ralph Clarke, of Erdington, Birmingham, is thought to be the oldest person convicted in British legal history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38367103

Heard this on the radio yesterday and initially I thought what's the point in sending such an old guy to prison after all these years. Then they starting quoting the victims and my thoughts immediately changed to it should have been longer.

These stories of historical abuse seem to be coming out daily. I wonder with all of the news and attention they receive now will similar stories still be coming out in say 40 or 50 years or are we now are in a era were people/children do not stay quiet about this happening to them.

Good Lord, all my old friends are suddenly appearing itt.

I do see you posting from time to time Next Door, think you made a donation to Graham's splendid TLB Charity thing last week.

You in better health now?

Playing much poker, live &/or Online?

As to "historical" sex abuse (what a strange term that is), the whole thing is barely believable.

Cast our minds back 5 years or so, who could have predicted that the likes of Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall, Max Clifford etc would all be involved? I can still barely believe it all now.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47688 on: December 20, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »

With all that Jen Mason chatter, for some reason I'm reminded of the £200 Grosvenor Luton UK Open in August 2005.

Jen made Day 2, but was delayed by "some dreadful woman" (her words) on a photoshoot on the morning of Day 2.

She eventually arrived at Luton nearly 2 hours late, & she was positively steaming with pent up rage.

She was on the same table as Camel, & Jen was pulling moves left right & centre, mainly with complete airballs, & I recall Camel, with whom she clashed several times, being very impressed. In fact I think she may have busted him.  

Here's the final result - pardon the Memory Lane stuff, but it was such a wonderful event & I recall most of it to this day.

1st (£14k) Jen Mason.

2nd Stephen Smith (always acted very deliberately & slowly)

3rd Willie Tann. Think he had his Betfair deal at the time, or maybe he was in that World Poker Club thing with Garry Bush, Jac Arama & one other. (Carlo?). Jac used to arrive at each cardroom with a brown paper envelope stuffed with cash & he'd dole it out in wads. So much money sloshing around in poker at the time.

4th Paul Alterman. Still playing, & I see him in Vegas every year.

5th Rochelle, aka Mrs Alterman.

6th - Camel. He cashed 2 days later in a bigger event, too, beaten heads up by Iwan Jones, & Skalie in 3rd. The rest chopped it up, including Brian Johnson - anyone remember him?

7th - David Lloyd. Can't remember which David Lloyd that was, there were 2 or 3 around at the time, one of whom cleaned up at Gutshot regularly.

8th - Robert Binelli, the original Italian Scarecrow & fashion icon. Wonderful bloke, not seen him in years.

9th - Mike Panteli. Don't recall him at all.

10th Malcolm Muskett, who did a lot of charity stuff, including P4C, though I am sure he was not involved in that skulduggery.

11th - Tony Kendall. Min cash as usual, 11 years on & nothing changes.

12th Flushy, the majority owner of blonde, though you'd never know it, he posts here about once a year. I shared a table with him at Venetian last year so we held an impromptu blonde AGM.  Vegas is the only time I see him these days, but he's great fun in Vegas, & we shared some great tables, including in the late stages of a WSOP PLO8.

13th Garry Bush.  Said by many to be one of the UK's shrewdest sports bettors. Think he's a "putter onner" these days. Proper character. Last saw him in Vegas when John Cabbaj won his 2nd WSOP Bracelet, think they were rooming together.  

14th Phil Cooklin, aka Snatiramas.  (Samatirans spelt in reverse?). He won a package to Las Vegas this year Next Door, so I had the great pleasure of helping "host" him there, along with Percy Plimsoll, my Boss. I believe Phil re-married a few years ago, & seems very happy these days.

16th Kev O'Leary. A decent guy, but he can't half chunter when things don't go well at the tables. At one time he had won more Venetian Deepstacks than any other player.  

18th - Adam Goulding, aka snoopy, who used to live in a wonderful sort of basement commune in Hampstead with Jen Mason & Dana.  
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:08:02 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47689 on: December 20, 2016, 11:00:21 AM »

And this is what the erudite Miss Mason looks like when she is utterly bladdered.

It was at DTD, & she just battered everyone to bits, & won it in a canter. She was so wasted that when she awoke the next day she never even knew she had won the thing.

Those with a keen eye for female detail should be able to recognize the player sitting to Jen's left. Anyone care to guess? 1/3 Tighty gets it first.  

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:36:39 AM by tikay » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47690 on: December 20, 2016, 11:29:27 AM »

the 1/3 would have landed, but will defer to others

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47691 on: December 20, 2016, 11:56:26 AM »

Kerbobble?

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47692 on: December 20, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »

Kerbobble?

Yes, or almost - Kate Langshaw, aka Kaibobble.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47693 on: December 20, 2016, 12:01:11 PM »

And this is what the erudite Miss Mason looks like when she is utterly bladdered.

It was at DTD, & she just battered everyone to bits, & won it in a canter. She was so wasted that when she awoke the next day she never even knew she had won the thing.

Those with a keen eye for female detail should be able to recognize the player sitting to Jen's left. Anyone care to guess? 1/3 Tighty gets it first.  

Was that the final table of the Blonde Bash at DTD?

If so that stack had recently been amassed by cracking my AA with her 99(aipf) in a huge pot for the CL and busting me in 6th or 7th.

I still adore her though.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47694 on: December 20, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »

Kerbobble?

Yes, or almost - Kate Langshaw, aka Kaibobble.

Thought so. She had a thing for me you know. (but then that's true of most women)

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47695 on: December 20, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »

Was that the final table of the Blonde Bash at DTD?

If so that stack had recently been amassed by cracking my AA with her 99(aipf) in a huge pot for the CL and busting me in 6th or 7th.

I still adore her though.

Yup, pretty sure it was. She was not in the mood for folding anything that night.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47696 on: December 20, 2016, 01:32:17 PM »

I see Brian Johnson posting stuff on Facebook. Not friends with him but comments on stuff now and again. He's a grandad now.

Mike pantelli is a Greek guy, plays mainly in london. Friends with Kevin. Despite that, he's a really nice guy.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #47697 on: December 20, 2016, 01:53:41 PM »

Hi Anthony!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #47698 on: December 20, 2016, 08:24:17 PM »

Nice to see everyone coming in to check on the elderly at Christmas time.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47699 on: December 20, 2016, 09:58:34 PM »

Do the elderly still get heating payments at this time of year? I mean if an old person recently fell out of work you wouldn't want them being forced to choose between eating or heating.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 3176 3177 3178 3179 [3180] 3181 3182 3183 3184 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: