blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3177 3178 3179 3180 [3181] 3182 3183 3184 3185 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321676 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #47700 on: December 21, 2016, 02:44:39 AM »

A 101-year-old man has been jailed for 13 years for committing 30 child sex offences.

Ralph Clarke, of Erdington, Birmingham, is thought to be the oldest person convicted in British legal history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38367103

Heard this on the radio yesterday and initially I thought what's the point in sending such an old guy to prison after all these years. Then they starting quoting the victims and my thoughts immediately changed to it should have been longer.

These stories of historical abuse seem to be coming out daily. I wonder with all of the news and attention they receive now will similar stories still be coming out in say 40 or 50 years or are we now are in a era were people/children do not stay quiet about this happening to them.

Good Lord, all my old friends are suddenly appearing itt.

I do see you posting from time to time Next Door, think you made a donation to Graham's splendid TLB Charity thing last week.

You in better health now?

Playing much poker, live &/or Online?

As to "historical" sex abuse (what a strange term that is), the whole thing is barely believable.

Cast our minds back 5 years or so, who could have predicted that the likes of Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall, Max Clifford etc would all be involved? I can still barely believe it all now.   

Health goes back and forth but keeping busy at work and staying positive. Been playing more next door than live and I'm setting myself up for a challenge to make a few quid next year after seeing some of the results on Graham's charity thread, if they can do it so can I sort of thing.

Getting some practice in at the moment and it seems to be going well, boring the life out of the missus though as she has to listen to my poker stories, both good and bad. The cost of doing business is what I tell her, she listens to it all and nods accordingly for the bad beats and then she smiles and holds out her hand when the good beats come along. The perfect recipe really.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47701 on: December 21, 2016, 10:07:15 AM »

I see Brian Johnson posting stuff on Facebook. Not friends with him but comments on stuff now and again. He's a grandad now.

Mike pantelli is a Greek guy, plays mainly in london. Friends with Kevin. Despite that, he's a really nice guy.

Brian Johnson was in his forties when I knew him, so I'm nit surprised he is a gran pappy. Interesting chap....

Mike Panteli is GREEK? Can't be doing with them Greek sorts, dreadful people.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47702 on: December 21, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »

Hi Anthony!

Oh, Hi Constantine, aka Lord Conky.

Love Greek sorts, won't have a word said against 'em.

What you up to, where are you, what's the score?

Gotta say this man - love the way you have supported Reece through thick & thin. Underneath that mean ugly exterior, there's a mean ugly interior, but somewhere amongst all that there is a real heart of gold.  God bless you mate.

How are your family, when you coming home to see them? You married with saucepans yet? Just imagine, a baby Conky.

I see you are still playing a bit of Live poker - 47th place in a Macau biggie?

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=383721

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:13:44 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47703 on: December 21, 2016, 10:14:32 AM »

Nice to see everyone coming in to check on the elderly at Christmas time.

Ha, it's good to see all these faces from back in the day, when blonde was a bigger & better place.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47704 on: December 21, 2016, 10:16:32 AM »

Do the elderly still get heating payments at this time of year? I mean if an old person recently fell out of work you wouldn't want them being forced to choose between eating or heating.

No idea Mr MANTIS, but I'm heated & eated & still in work.

How do you & poor Mrs MANTIS spend Christmas? Alone, or with family & in-laws?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47705 on: December 21, 2016, 10:18:14 AM »

A 101-year-old man has been jailed for 13 years for committing 30 child sex offences.

Ralph Clarke, of Erdington, Birmingham, is thought to be the oldest person convicted in British legal history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38367103

Heard this on the radio yesterday and initially I thought what's the point in sending such an old guy to prison after all these years. Then they starting quoting the victims and my thoughts immediately changed to it should have been longer.

These stories of historical abuse seem to be coming out daily. I wonder with all of the news and attention they receive now will similar stories still be coming out in say 40 or 50 years or are we now are in a era were people/children do not stay quiet about this happening to them.

Good Lord, all my old friends are suddenly appearing itt.

I do see you posting from time to time Next Door, think you made a donation to Graham's splendid TLB Charity thing last week.

You in better health now?

Playing much poker, live &/or Online?

As to "historical" sex abuse (what a strange term that is), the whole thing is barely believable.

Cast our minds back 5 years or so, who could have predicted that the likes of Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, Stuart Hall, Max Clifford etc would all be involved? I can still barely believe it all now.   

Health goes back and forth but keeping busy at work and staying positive. Been playing more next door than live and I'm setting myself up for a challenge to make a few quid next year after seeing some of the results on Graham's charity thread, if they can do it so can I sort of thing.

Getting some practice in at the moment and it seems to be going well, boring the life out of the missus though as she has to listen to my poker stories, both good and bad. The cost of doing business is what I tell her, she listens to it all and nods accordingly for the bad beats and then she smiles and holds out her hand when the good beats come along. The perfect recipe really.

Well it seems your health is a little better, reading between the lines. Is it one of those things that is always there, lurking?

Glad to see you are still active Next Door, gl if you plan to play any UKOPS stuff over Xmas.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47706 on: December 21, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »

Do the elderly still get heating payments at this time of year? I mean if an old person recently fell out of work you wouldn't want them being forced to choose between eating or heating.

This year my whole family have gone to New Zealand to visit my little sister so I'm currently wrestling with a deep sense of abandonment. Eager to make it special for me & Mrs Mantis I battled the festive delights of the high street, trawling round shops, no parking, endless queues and ended up staggering back to the car laden with bags having been relieved of the best part of a monkey.

This morning she goes..."we're not doing anything for each other this year are we?" Bloody Marv!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47707 on: December 21, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »

This year my whole family have gone to New Zealand to visit my little sister so I'm currently wrestling with a deep sense of abandonment. Eager to make it special for me & Mrs Mantis I battled the festive delights of the high street, trawling round shops, no parking, endless queues and ended up staggering back to the car laden with bags having been relieved of the best part of a monkey.

This morning she goes..."we're not doing anything for each other this year are we?" Bloody Marv!

When you explain to her that the best part of a monkey's worth of gifts is a mere token I'm sure she'll be suitably impressed.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47708 on: December 21, 2016, 09:44:28 PM »

Yea maybe...but the complex nature of women means I will probably provoke an overwhelming sense of guilt which will make her miserable for the rest of the day. Brilliant.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #47709 on: December 21, 2016, 10:40:55 PM »

Yea maybe...but the complex nature of women means I will probably provoke an overwhelming sense of guilt which will make her miserable for the rest of the day and somehow turn it round so I'm the guilty one. Brilliant.

FYP

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47710 on: December 22, 2016, 01:16:08 PM »

Message for PompeyNick

Hi Nick,

We were discussing that Vegas thread Next Door - it's here....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56335.0

Don't start at the beginning, it has thousands of posts on it, but any questions at all, just fire away, everyone there is very helpful & patient. There's a wealth of Vegas experience there, too.

Caters for all sorts, too - sensible folk like Simon Galloway, (flights, eateries & hotels), Posh blokes like Tal, (food, shows, sport), & full on degens such as Marky (hotels, strip clubs, bars, how to knock your money in).

Do try & get there, for a poker fan, Vegas first time is the best thing ever. I've been a dozen or more times, & I still love it to bits, & count the sleeps. Vegas beats Xmas all ends up. 

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #47711 on: December 22, 2016, 02:16:33 PM »

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #47712 on: December 23, 2016, 12:22:46 AM »

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-12-22/women-treated-like-rock-stars-after-finding-themselves-alone-on-ba-flight/

''Ushered into business class seats'' lol.....yeah cos there is a huge difference between BA business and economy on their shorthaul flights Wink

Merry Christmas and all that jazz btw.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:30:18 AM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #47713 on: December 23, 2016, 12:30:50 AM »

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-12-22/women-treated-like-rock-stars-after-finding-themselves-alone-on-ba-flight/

''Ushered into business class seats'' lol.....yeah cos there is a huge difference between BA business and economy on their shorthaul flights Wink

That is incredible how boring their day to day routine must be if that really made their day.  That was a funny read.  So funny starting to wonder if the girls are leveling everyone.  They are television producers and a lawyer after all! Surely that can't be as big time as they have ever seen in their entire lives? 
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #47714 on: December 23, 2016, 12:38:16 AM »

That is incredible how boring their day to day routine must be if that really made their day.  That was a funny read.  So funny starting to wonder if the girls are leveling everyone.  They are television producers and a lawyer after all! Surely that can't be as big time as they have ever seen in their entire lives?

It gave me similar thoughts.

I understand the novelty of it and its probably very uncommon in these days of air travel.....but it was a 2 hour hop from southern Spain, not a 14 hour slog from Kuala Lumpur. So you got to have some champagne and a selfie with the pilot, big deal.

And shorthaul business class on BA is shite.

Edit - Ladbible running with the 'story' on FB.....upgrade of a lifetime and stuff of dreams apparently. They obviously don't fly very often.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:57:03 AM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 3177 3178 3179 3180 [3181] 3182 3183 3184 3185 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: