blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:39:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3179 3180 3181 3182 [3183] 3184 3185 3186 3187 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329084 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #47730 on: December 24, 2016, 01:08:52 PM »

Buy a loaf of bread and sit round a fire? Don't be absurd.

It depends if were needed down pit or not on Christmas day, if not then we celebrate with a Kingsmill and a roaring fire. I find it pretty futile to weigh myself over winter when I've been using the rest of the year to gain extra layers for warmth. Can't wait to stuff my face with pigs in blankets Smiley

Those bints who had the BA flight to themselves were on ITV lunchtime news yesterday, obviously a very worthy article with so little else going on in the world at the moment.

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47731 on: December 24, 2016, 01:40:04 PM »

In another universe where Tikay and 2 buddies are alone on a plane, get the business shizzle and get to sit in the cockpit and take selfies with the pilots, there would be nothing else in the diary for 6 months. 

If tikay was walking down a street during that period, people would cross the street quicker than they would if Mickey Wernick was heading the other way with a bag full of bad beat stories.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47732 on: December 24, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »

Buy a loaf of bread and sit round a fire? Don't be absurd.

It depends if were needed down pit or not on Christmas day, if not then we celebrate with a Kingsmill and a roaring fire. I find it pretty futile to weigh myself over winter when I've been using the rest of the year to gain extra layers for warmth. Can't wait to stuff my face with pigs in blankets Smiley

Those bints who had the BA flight to themselves were on ITV lunchtime news yesterday, obviously a very worthy article with so little else going on in the world at the moment.

"pigs in  blankets" must be the best & most clever named food ever, well done to whoever came up with that. Pretty delish, too, I shall be partaking of a few over Xmas.

As to that BA flight, I guess their Marketing & Social Media teams worked hard on it, & must have been surprised how well it done. Not sure I'd be boasting about running empty flights, mind. We went to Norway recently, think there were 11 passengers on the outbound, & the same coming back. I even had my own antimacassar.

Doubt we'll ever see Sir Michael boasting about empty flights on the world's best airline.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47733 on: December 24, 2016, 01:47:46 PM »

In another universe where Tikay and 2 buddies are alone on a plane, get the business shizzle and get to sit in the cockpit and take selfies with the pilots, there would be nothing else in the diary for 6 months. 

If tikay was walking down a street during that period, people would cross the street quicker than they would if Mickey Wernick was heading the other way with a bag full of bad beat stories.

Not wrong.

God bless Mr Wernick. He was the first player ever to nip me for a loan, back in Walsall in about 2003. I was made up, as proud as punch, went round telling my mates - "guess what, Micky Wernick borrowed money off me". Yikes at my naivety.

He paid me back, to be fair. Took a very long time, but he put a sweetener on top by way of thanks. So that kept his credit door open, & he often had a few bob off me, but he always settled up.   

And whenever he won a Tourney which we were Updating, he always gave £100 or £200 to the Updaters, never failed. Thewy was the same.

When it came to bad beat stories though, Micky was the boss. He always carried around with him a newspaper cutting from a WSOP event in about 1990, when he got a horrendous outdraw. Never needed much excuse to bring it out & show everyone. One fella actually asked him about it once, ffs.

I rather like the old bugger, to be honest. He was always very kind to me, for sure.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47734 on: December 25, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »

Here's a nice Xmas photo, taken yesterday at Mt Charlston, which is a mere 25 minute drive from the Las Vegas strip.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47735 on: December 25, 2016, 10:48:56 AM »

The Mt Charlston Ski Resort is open, too, though driving there is a bit tricky.....

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #47736 on: December 26, 2016, 09:44:53 PM »

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-12-22/women-treated-like-rock-stars-after-finding-themselves-alone-on-ba-flight/

''Ushered into business class seats'' lol.....yeah cos there is a huge difference between BA business and economy on their shorthaul flights Wink

That is incredible how boring their day to day routine must be if that really made their day.  That was a funny read.  So funny starting to wonder if the girls are leveling everyone.  They are television producers and a lawyer after all! Surely that can't be as big time as they have ever seen in their entire lives?

It gave me similar thoughts.

I understand the novelty of it and its probably very uncommon in these days of air travel.....but it was a 2 hour hop from southern Spain, not a 14 hour slog from Kuala Lumpur. So you got to have some champagne and a selfie with the pilot, big deal.

And shorthaul business class on BA is shite.

Edit - Ladbible running with the 'story' on FB.....upgrade of a lifetime and stuff of dreams apparently. They obviously don't fly very often.

We were planning on booking a business class seat when we fly away on our honeymoon this April - neither of us fly much short haul either, but we do research.

It was pretty disappointing to find that neither airport has a lounge to take advantage of and the seating is no different, so if we had paid the extra it would have been approximately 4 times the cost just so that we could get free snacks and drinks on the flight.

Only thing to bear in mind with the link though - it's ITV, not exactly the pinnacle of journalism; I wouldn't be surprised if the 'quote' wasn't even what the person said.

Are you going BA?
The one thing with BA short haul business is you have a row of just two seats with a gap in between, ....as opposed to an economy row with 3 seats.
When checking in/ dropping off bags , you could smile nicely and "joke" the extra seat be kept empty if it's not a full flight...as you are on honeymoon!  Sure they've heard it all before , but a small chance you might get an upgrade  Wink

...and no business/ premium lounge either end....which airports are you using?

PS ...did you catch Channel 4 last night at 8 pm?...quiet a fun hour long, tour of Florence ..."Travel Man : 48 hours in Florence"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47737 on: December 26, 2016, 10:36:14 PM »

Florence is great. There's a lot of art, culture, amazing food and wine. But the very best thing is there's no baggy t-shirts and leggings or wearing slippers to the local shops. The guys mince around in tan shoes and linen suits, the women sashay around in Chanel dresses. It's very fucking civilised.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #47738 on: December 26, 2016, 11:52:48 PM »

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-12-22/women-treated-like-rock-stars-after-finding-themselves-alone-on-ba-flight/

''Ushered into business class seats'' lol.....yeah cos there is a huge difference between BA business and economy on their shorthaul flights Wink

That is incredible how boring their day to day routine must be if that really made their day.  That was a funny read.  So funny starting to wonder if the girls are leveling everyone.  They are television producers and a lawyer after all! Surely that can't be as big time as they have ever seen in their entire lives?

It gave me similar thoughts.

I understand the novelty of it and its probably very uncommon in these days of air travel.....but it was a 2 hour hop from southern Spain, not a 14 hour slog from Kuala Lumpur. So you got to have some champagne and a selfie with the pilot, big deal.

And shorthaul business class on BA is shite.

Edit - Ladbible running with the 'story' on FB.....upgrade of a lifetime and stuff of dreams apparently. They obviously don't fly very often.

We were planning on booking a business class seat when we fly away on our honeymoon this April - neither of us fly much short haul either, but we do research.

It was pretty disappointing to find that neither airport has a lounge to take advantage of and the seating is no different, so if we had paid the extra it would have been approximately 4 times the cost just so that we could get free snacks and drinks on the flight.

Only thing to bear in mind with the link though - it's ITV, not exactly the pinnacle of journalism; I wouldn't be surprised if the 'quote' wasn't even what the person said.

Are you going BA?
The one thing with BA short haul business is you have a row of just two seats with a gap in between, ....as opposed to an economy row with 3 seats.
When checking in/ dropping off bags , you could smile nicely and "joke" the extra seat be kept empty if it's not a full flight...as you are on honeymoon!  Sure they've heard it all before , but a small chance you might get an upgrade  Wink

...and no business/ premium lounge either end....which airports are you using?

PS ...did you catch Channel 4 last night at 8 pm?...quiet a fun hour long, tour of Florence ..."Travel Man : 48 hours in Florence"

We are going from London City Airport to Florence Airport - the advantage of the small airports though is that they have small planes. The whole plane is just rows of 2's. Obviously we're still going to hope for an upgrade Smiley

I'll have a look at that programme, might be interesting Smiley
Not that we're planning on doing much tourist-y in Florence - it's been made clear to me that the honeymoon is mainly for relaxing and so we can't spend every day in museums and art galleries Cheesy
We're planning on going back on anniversaries though - so I'm sure we'll eventually make our way around most of what Florence and Tuscany has to offer.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47739 on: December 27, 2016, 01:12:49 AM »

Honeymoon mainly for relaxing? Yep I'm sure there will be a lot of 'relaxing'

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #47740 on: December 27, 2016, 05:04:09 PM »

Have a lovely honeymoon....mine included a cricket tour to Corfu. ( still not forgiven  Cheesy )
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #47741 on: December 29, 2016, 12:28:35 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton

You're welcome.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47742 on: January 04, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »

Wow, that is stunning.

How can one man achieve so much? Travel in those days was unbelievably slow & painful, but he seems to have travelled extensively.

And whilst travelling, he wrote numerous lengthy books, & became fluent in 29 (TWENTY NINE) languages.

Makes me feel like I've completely wasted my life.  

How did you become aware of this chap?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47743 on: January 04, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »

Meanwhile......

Busy busy busy here. Just life's trifles & irrelevances, not travelling the world or learning to master 29 languages. I'm a busy fool.

Anyway, Xmas was very relaxing, though quite busy with work. Full update (zzzzz) to follow, hopefully tomorrow.

First, though, I have 13 unanswered PM's in my Inbox from the last 4 or 5 days, my apologies, will get them up to date first before I start waffling about Xmas dinner & recent mini-adventures.

Happy New Year to you all, may it be peaceful & healthy.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #47744 on: January 04, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »

Florence is great. There's a lot of art, culture, amazing food and wine. But the very best thing is there's no baggy t-shirts and leggings or wearing slippers to the local shops. The guys mince around in tan shoes and linen suits, the women sashay around in Chanel dresses. It's very fucking civilised.

JonMW usually does his mincing around underneath a ten-gallon hat.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3179 3180 3181 3182 [3183] 3184 3185 3186 3187 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: