blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:08:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3230 3231 3232 3233 [3234] 3235 3236 3237 3238 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334256 times)
winkie

View Profile
« Reply #48495 on: May 31, 2017, 02:29:20 PM »

Can you PM me your bank details please Mr Tikay?

Will ship across the 1%...

Ta
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48496 on: May 31, 2017, 06:15:40 PM »

Evening all.

Before I get up to date with Stakers monies received, & replying to posts by Jac, boo, Barry Crater, Trevor P, Rob the Animal & others, I have a couple of bits & bobs to post.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:03:09 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48497 on: May 31, 2017, 06:22:42 PM »

The 2017 series of Springwatch started on Monday.

This, by any standard, is fabulous TV. It's the sort of thing only the BBC can do. (Can you imagine it on ITV?).

Great subjects, live "nest cams" of Peregrine Falcons, Kestrels, Bullfinches, Blue Tits & so on, & random wildlife stuff (stoats, newts, moths), all beautifully presented with no waffle, background music, or silly camera gimmicks.  TV does not get much better than that.

The Presentation Team are, to my eyes, a little awkward, & I'm just not sure at all if I like Chris Packham as much as I should. Minor complaints though, in what is other wise 5 star TV.

8pm every night. Don't miss it.

Tonight's edition will include a lot of stuff on badgers. Don't forget to sett your Sky Box to record. Especially Mr Russell.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48498 on: May 31, 2017, 06:39:40 PM »

Also last night, presumably to mark the 20th anniversary of the death of Princess Diana, Channel 5 showed an excellent documentary about her funeral.

Not the sort of thing I'd generally watch, or enjoy, but this was high quality, un-embellished stuff, & I got surprisingly emotional. Might be my medication, or maybe I've gone soft in the head, but I was welling up repeatedly during the show.

I had forgotten what an impact her death had on the public as a whole. Sure, the "Fairy Princess" shite was a bit galling, but beneath that there was a story we will never see the like of again.

So two great TV shows back to back, & I'm suddenly thinking, maybe British TV is not so bad after all.

And then......I did a flick through the Channels & was horrified to see TV programmes featuring Brian May, that Miranda woman, Ernie Wise, Ant & Dec & Jon Bon Jovi.

Ugh.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48499 on: May 31, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »

Back to staking now, then I'll try & get up to date on a few questions I have not replied to yet.

The following Vegas Staking Payments have arrived in my account in the last 48 hours, thank you;

Typhoon - £570.75

Knottikay - £114.15

Superwomble - £114.15

Longines - £114.15

BobAlike - £228.30

Lucky - £114.15

Sonour - £228.30

MarkyCrash - £114.15

Mohican - £114.15

Steve Swift - £114.15

I'm pretty sure that is an up to date list, but if you have sent cash & I have not acknowledged it, please let me know, & I'll look again.

I'll Update the full stakers list next.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48500 on: May 31, 2017, 07:06:32 PM »

booder 1% PAID

redsimon (via PM) 1% PAID

Longines 1% PAID

KarmaDope 1%

Marky147 1%

SteveSwift 1% PAID

Supernova 1%

Mohican 1% PAID

Ch10mpy 2%

bobalike 2% PAID

Markycash 1% PAID

NewportLad 1%

Machka 5% PAID

Animalpoker 1%

Engy 1%

HutchGF 1%

winkie - 1%

Sue & Dave Norsden - £150 PAID

TonyTats - 2% - PAID

Geo The Sarge - £200 - PAID

Sonour - 2% PAID

Doobs - 2%

Knottikay - 1% PAID

Regards - 2% PAID

Superwomble - 1% PAID

Typhoon - 5% PAID

EvilPie - 2%

Methuselah - 1%

Plump Percy - 1%

Bobby1 - £150

Redbull - 2% PAID

Lucky Alan - 1% PAID

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48501 on: May 31, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »

If Chris Packham were an ice-cream he'd lick himself.

I'll sort out my arrears for the stake next week Tony - bon voyage!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48502 on: June 01, 2017, 12:49:42 AM »

Hi tikay, any chance you could free up 2%? Glad to see you're feeling much better!

Of course Nick - you've been a season ticket holder every year, so I deliberately left a bit of slack for guys like you. There are 1 or 2 others, too, & if they want to come aboard, we'll find a way to sort it. 

I'll amend the Stakers list right away.

2% BOOKED

You gonna be in Vegas this year?

Could I take a late 1% please? I've staked before.

Hi Alan,

Yes, of course, always pleased to see season ticket holders renew. I'll add you to the list. PS - 1% = £114.15.

How are you keeping these days? Still play at Luton? If so, how's the scene down there these days?

Rather worryingly, when I typed "Alan McBride, Luton" into google images, this photo came up;

Many thanks.  Sent the £114.15 and I see you've received it too.

I'm very well thanks - have had high cholesterol and blood pressure, but both are at good levels now. An occasional flare up of gout is very painful when it arrives, so now trying to moderate diet and alcohol intake , both of which are helping. Have cut down in my "day job" to 2 days per week, which is lovely too, so all in all very well and very positive, as always.

Have been going to Luton quite regularly over the last year or so, averaging  1 to 2 times pw and I always enjoy it there. Numbers seem to be rising and there's a good mix of old players and a newer influx too. I've been playing there for about 9 years now, and was  called a "Luton Legend" in a recent blog update. I think that was a reference to age, rather than ability, although I more than hold my own in tourneys and cash games. 

Willie Tann is quite a regular player there now and is still held in high regard. 

Good luck in Vegas and for continuing good health.  I'll be there from 9th - 16th June and am really looking forward to it as always.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48503 on: June 01, 2017, 06:27:20 AM »

Hi tikay, any chance you could free up 2%? Glad to see you're feeling much better!

Of course Nick - you've been a season ticket holder every year, so I deliberately left a bit of slack for guys like you. There are 1 or 2 others, too, & if they want to come aboard, we'll find a way to sort it. 

2% BOOKED

Hi Alan,

Yes, of course, always pleased to see season ticket holders renew. I'll add you to the list. PS - 1% = £114.15.

How are you keeping these days? Still play at Luton? If so, how's the scene down there these days?

Rather worryingly, when I typed "Alan McBride, Luton" into google images, this photo came up;

I'm very well thanks - have had high cholesterol and blood pressure, but both are at good levels now. An occasional flare up of gout is very painful when it arrives, so now trying to moderate diet and alcohol intake , both of which are helping. Have cut down in my "day job" to 2 days per week, which is lovely too, so all in all very well and very positive, as always.

Have been going to Luton quite regularly over the last year or so, averaging  1 to 2 times pw and I always enjoy it there. Numbers seem to be rising and there's a good mix of old players and a newer influx too. I've been playing there for about 9 years now, and was  called a "Luton Legend" in a recent blog update. I think that was a reference to age, rather than ability, although I more than hold my own in tourneys and cash games. 

Willie Tann is quite a regular player there now and is still held in high regard. 

Good luck in Vegas and for continuing good health.  I'll be there from 9th - 16th June and am really looking forward to it as always.

Some of you older chaps really have life soted. WP Lucky.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48504 on: June 01, 2017, 06:49:13 AM »

2% BOOKED

Hi Alan,

Yikes, but I'm pleased you have it under control now.

My Cardiac Rehab course was half practical - exercises & stuff - & half "theory", where we sat in a classroom & were educated about what makes us tick (or not).

The theory part was surprisingly interesting.

And I learned a weird thing - there are two types of cholesterol, & they enjoy the splendidly descriptive names of "good cholesterol" & "bad cholesterol".

Cholesterol is carried in the blood attached to proteins called lipoproteins. There are two main forms, LDL (low density lipoprotein) and HDL (high density lipoprotein). LDL cholesterol is often referred to as "bad cholesterol" because too much is unhealthy. HDL is often referred to as “good cholesterol” because it is protective. Knowing your levels of these can help explain your risk of heart disease. Your doctor should be able to tell you your levels of “good” and “bad” cholesterol.

So high cholesterol levels are not necessarily bad. They usually are, though.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48505 on: June 01, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »

Meanwhile, I am off to the Hospital this morning to have my end-of-term Cardiac Rehab assessment. I'm expecting a shiny gold star &, if I'm really lucky, a Milk-Monitor badge.

I actually had a Milk Monitor badge at my first ever school. I was sooooo proud of that badge.

The Hospital I have to attend this morning is called "Epsom & St Helier University Hospital";

https://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/

I have no idea why the "St Helier" is attached to the name, as it is a jolly long way from Jersey, where the real St Helier is. But the "Epsom" part is self-explanatory, as it is in Epsom, just a mile from Epsom Downs. 

winkie

View Profile
« Reply #48506 on: June 01, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »

£114.15 shipped across Tikay...

Hoping for some run good at the tables...!
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #48507 on: June 01, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »

Meanwhile, I am off to the Hospital this morning to have my end-of-term Cardiac Rehab assessment. I'm expecting a shiny gold star &, if I'm really lucky, a Milk-Monitor badge.

I actually had a Milk Monitor badge at my first ever school. I was sooooo proud of that badge.

The Hospital I have to attend this morning is called "Epsom & St Helier University Hospital";

https://www.epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/

I have no idea why the "St Helier" is attached to the name, as it is a jolly long way from Jersey, where the real St Helier is. But the "Epsom" part is self-explanatory, as it is in Epsom, just a mile from Epsom Downs. 

Good luck with this Mr T!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48508 on: June 01, 2017, 04:10:05 PM »

Good luck at the quacks, Tikay!

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #48509 on: June 01, 2017, 08:04:01 PM »

Bank Transfer done for both Supernova & Myself.

Hope the check up went well.

See you in Vegas !
Pages: 1 ... 3230 3231 3232 3233 [3234] 3235 3236 3237 3238 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: