blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:57:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3231 3232 3233 3234 [3235] 3236 3237 3238 3239 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333656 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #48510 on: June 01, 2017, 10:56:18 PM »

Hope all well at the quakes . Have a ball in Vegas baby. ..xx

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48511 on: June 02, 2017, 07:34:11 AM »

Evening all.

Before I get up to date with Stakers monies received, & replying to posts by Jac, boo, Barry Crater, Trevor P, Rob the Animal & others, I have a couple of bits & bobs to post.

Apologies that I never got round to replying, as promised, to those above. Will do so tonight or tomorrow.

Yesterday got away from me a bit, one way and another. The hossie visit went well, and they were pleased with my progress. I did the Step Test again, which I did on my assessment, 6 weeks ago. I managed the start of Level 3 6 weeks ago - yesterday I completed level 5, which takes a bit of doing.

Unfortunately, I became unwell when I got back home. Just a stomach upset, but a gruesome one, almost certainly occasioned by the tablets I have to take. For a while, I thought I would not be fit to fly to Vegas today, but I think I was just being a bit of a girly wirly, and all is well this morning. Ish. Am at Gatwick now, so popped into Boots and got me some Immodium. 10 hours on a 747 with the Bombays is not something to anticipate with much enthusiasm.

Then Team Chunter made an extended appearance Next Door, after I had announced a new Promo. Standard carrot and stick promo, with a £4,000 Viva Las Vegas package and £3,000 of cash prizes via a freeroll. I never thought it necessary to say "nobody HAS to take part". Maybe I'll add that next time. Jeez, it was like a crèche when all is peaceful until one baby starts crying. Within minutes, they are all crying.

To top it all, we then saw the daftest saying ever ever ever.

"Sky Poker have not thought it through".

(Translation - "it does not suit me").

One way and another, it was a struggle to bite my tongue. I guess what with my general condition, plus quitting the ciggies, and not feeling so good last night, my fuse was somewhat shorter than normal.

Ah well, on we go.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 07:45:23 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48512 on: June 02, 2017, 07:49:28 AM »

Wishing you a safe and profitable trip Mr K

GL

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #48513 on: June 02, 2017, 08:10:36 AM »

Evening all.

Before I get up to date with Stakers monies received, & replying to posts by Jac, boo, Barry Crater, Trevor P, Rob the Animal & others, I have a couple of bits & bobs to post.

Apologies that I never got round to replying, as promised, to those above. Will do so tonight or tomorrow.

Yesterday got away from me a bit, one way and another. The hossie visit went well, and they were pleased with my progress. I did the Step Test again, which I did on my assessment, 6 weeks ago. I managed the start of Level 3 6 weeks ago - yesterday I completed level 5, which takes a bit of doing.

Unfortunately, I became unwell when I got back home. Just a stomach upset, but a gruesome one, almost certainly occasioned by the tablets I have to take. For a while, I thought I would not be fit to fly to Vegas today, but I think I was just being a bit of a girly wirly, and all is well this morning. Ish. Am at Gatwick now, so popped into Boots and got me some Immodium. 10 hours on a 747 with the Bombays is not something to anticipate with much enthusiasm.

Then Team Chunter made an extended appearance Next Door, after I had announced a new Promo. Standard carrot and stick promo, with a £4,000 Viva Las Vegas package and £3,000 of cash prizes via a freeroll. I never thought it necessary to say "nobody HAS to take part". Maybe I'll add that next time. Jeez, it was like a crèche when all is peaceful until one baby starts crying. Within minutes, they are all crying.

One way and another, it was a struggle to bite my tongue. I guess what with my general condition, plus quitting the ciggies, and not feeling so good last night, my fuse was somewhat shorter than normal.

Ah well, on we go.

Please take it easy Tikay, think you should have reconsidered going to Vegas but I get that it's important to you. Listen to your body while your out there, if your not up to doing something nobody will blame you for giving it a miss. All that said hope you have a great time and no worries.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #48514 on: June 02, 2017, 09:10:41 AM »

Hope you feel better soon Tony and that you have a seat close to the WC.

Looking forward to the updates already.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48515 on: June 02, 2017, 09:15:53 AM »

How exciting is that on a scale of 1 to 10? No hairdryers on this thread.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #48516 on: June 02, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »

Good Morning,

I've sent the princely sum of £114.15 over this morning. Thanks again for letting me be a small part of your Vegas adventure.

Looking forward to reading 'Scoopio' over my lunchtime coffee.

Best wishes,
Ky
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #48517 on: June 02, 2017, 09:59:21 AM »

Evening all.

Ah well, on we go.

But EVERY promotion should suit EVERY player I am sure that is how it should work.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #48518 on: June 02, 2017, 10:18:51 AM »

Flightradar on
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48519 on: June 02, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »

Sleeping has been a nightmare for me this week 3 hours n ping I'm wide awake
Safe journey mate
Take it easy here it's tiring
I bubbled the 9 pm comp at the Rio last night
It's been a blank week
But I'm in Vegas n love it
Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #48520 on: June 02, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »

Sleeping has been a nightmare for me this week 3 hours n ping I'm wide awake
Safe journey mate
Take it easy here it's tiring
I bubbled the 9 pm comp at the Rio last night
It's been a blank week
But I'm in Vegas n love it

Is that the deepstacks you are playing Tony?

How do you find the structure in them?

Never tried them but might give them a whirl.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48521 on: June 02, 2017, 09:36:53 PM »

Yes Dewi  they are ok quite a good structure until about 5 hours in then same as any tourney the blinds jump quickly
I managed 140/600 weds some tables are ok others are madness as per norm it's a big prize pool tho for $235
A mate managed to chop the first one for $6 k so he thinks he's the new " kid poker " lol
He had jj v Kk
J9 button v ace 9 sb
Aj v 55
Each time hitting a jack
So there's a bit of skill involved too
I still prefer downtown tourneys
Slightly softer n better structure
I'm home Monday then back 16 th to 6 th July
Thoroughly enjoying it all mate

I tried fast n loose on Tuesday it didn't work lol I was out by 5 pm k9 v 33
Then I slowed down and was pleased how much further I got
So I think tight is right early doors as some players can't / won't fold any 2
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:58:37 PM by tonytats » Logged
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #48522 on: June 03, 2017, 10:30:34 AM »

Tylenol PM blue caplets.  Pop 2 while cleaning your teeth, enjoy an extra couple of hours asleep with no (additional) grogginess when you wake.  I hate taking tablets and put these off for years until one trip total sleep deprivation drove me to it ~ obv wish I'd done it years ago.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48523 on: June 03, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »

Tylenol PM blue caplets.  Pop 2 while cleaning your teeth, enjoy an extra couple of hours asleep with no (additional) grogginess when you wake.  I hate taking tablets and put these off for years until one trip total sleep deprivation drove me to it ~ obv wish I'd done it years ago.

Thanks my mate suggests melatonin tabs
I slept 6 pm last night till 0230 am hopin for a bit more sleep now !!
I'm normally ok after a day or two
Maybe I need to drink a bit more ?? It's been 2 cans of cider a night instead of 8/9 budweisers this time
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #48524 on: June 03, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »

In the old days I had fortnight-long trips where I got 2 hours a night every night for the whole trip, and if I got 3 hours it felt like a lie in ;(  Came home absolutely tuckered, crawled onto the plane.

Try those Tylenols, over the counter in Walgreens/CVS and now I get 6 hours a night in Vegas from Day1 which is perfect for me.

As for drinks, grab water at every opportunity.  Easy while playing poker, but always take a bottle with you when going from a to b and get a couple of bottles on the way up to the room.  I usually drink my fair share of booze too, but loads of water during the day is key.

Pages: 1 ... 3231 3232 3233 3234 [3235] 3236 3237 3238 3239 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: