blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3357 3358 3359 3360 [3361] 3362 3363 3364 3365 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295927 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #50400 on: August 18, 2017, 03:27:02 PM »

So, 3 month post and triple bypass update. My arm still looks a bit of a mess and large areas of it are still numb. Have probably lost about 30% grip strength in my left hand - which is not ideal when you're left handed. You know how your kids always used to ask Dad to open bottles and jars? The roles have been reversed now.

Off on holiday for a couple of weeks, managed to find annual Euro travel insurance for around eighty quid which felt like a big win, I was expecting ££££. The site had a novel approach which I thought was pretty good, rather than have to type in a bunch of conditions and wonder which ones out of heart disease, heart attack, bypass etc. are the right ones to make sure you're covered, they simply ask what medicines you're taking and then tailor the follow up questions to suit whatever that drug is meant to be doing. 7 medicines later and all done - no wonder I'm now on first name terms with the local chemist.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #50401 on: August 22, 2017, 10:41:26 PM »

Hi Tony, many thanks for the monies which Darren passed on to me, I so hope you do it again if you can spare the time etc.

I must learn how to post pics again. Actually posting would be a start, I know.

Drafting a tyvm to you and Badbeat, started them the week we got back! It was fab to see you both again. Look after yourself and sorry to hear you are under the weather a bit. Hope it improves to sunny skies.

Do I need to talk to you about veggies? Hiding/disguising them or what? I'm back seriously juicing. It's hard but gets alot of what you need down the hatch pretty painlessly. Not sure it's you though although it would help you so much. Ya have to man up for it!!!

Love and hugs

xXx

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #50402 on: August 23, 2017, 10:21:47 AM »

people who sell meat for a living are bad enough, but selling fruit n veg is grocer.....

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50403 on: August 23, 2017, 10:45:48 AM »

people who sell meat for a living are bad enough, but selling fruit n veg is grocer.....

People who sell fruit and veg for a living are are butch but people who sell meat are butcher.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50404 on: August 29, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

So, 3 month post HA and triple bypass update. My arm still looks a bit of a mess and large areas of it are still numb. Have probably lost about 30% grip strength in my left hand - which is not ideal when you're left handed. You know how your kids always used to ask Dad to open bottles and jars? The roles have been reversed now.

Off on holiday for a couple of weeks, managed to find annual Euro travel insurance for around eighty quid which felt like a big win, I was expecting ££££. The site had a novel approach which I thought was pretty good, rather than have to type in a bunch of conditions and wonder which ones out of heart disease, heart attack, bypass etc. are the right ones to make sure you're covered, they simply ask what medicines you're taking and then tailor the follow up questions to suit whatever that drug is meant to be doing. 7 medicines later and all done - no wonder I'm now on first name terms with the local chemist.

Sorry for delayed reply Grant, my cba-ness knows no bounds though it is improving slightly.

You seem to have coped with it very well. Yours was far worse than mine, & you are only 3 months in. I'm coming up to 6 months & I'm still moaning & groaning, & generally feeling shite & doing a good imitation of being Mr Grumpy.  

Keep it up mate, full recovery is the target.

How has it changed your life & lifestyle? Different diet, taking plenty of exercise?

PS - enjoy your holiday. Where did you go?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:07:50 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50405 on: August 29, 2017, 11:13:57 AM »

Hi Tony, many thanks for the monies which Darren passed on to me, I so hope you do it again if you can spare the time etc.

I must learn how to post pics again. Actually posting would be a start, I know.

Drafting a tyvm to you and Badbeat, started them the week we got back! It was fab to see you both again. Look after yourself and sorry to hear you are under the weather a bit. Hope it improves to sunny skies.

Do I need to talk to you about veggies? Hiding/disguising them or what? I'm back seriously juicing. It's hard but gets alot of what you need down the hatch pretty painlessly. Not sure it's you though although it would help you so much. Ya have to man up for it!!!

Love and hugs

xXx

Morning Shaz, glad you got the Staking Dividend OK, & I'm sorry it was slightly delayed. I blame Mere, or, at least, his absence.

You enjoyed the Vegas trip I gather. Wink I thought it was great, & I wish I was still there to be honest.

Veg? Nah. I've done everything the Medics suggested - lots of exercise, 2 x 2 mile walks every single day, losing weight, still off the ciggies. I'm eating pretty good too, & (very slowly) losing woight. Veg is a step too far though, I just can't stomach the damn stuff. I do have an extra portion of garden peas with my dinner, if that helps....

I'm drinking, to the exclusion of anything else, iced sparkling water - gallons of it. 2 litres per day, to be precise, with lots & lots of ice. It's bloody lovely, & can't do me any harm. Only 29p per 2 litre bottle, too. How the hell do Tesco make a profit selling 2 litre bottles of water at 29p per bottle?

Anyway, enough waffle. Will you & Darren be coming to SPT Brighton? Hope so, it's gonna be a blast.

Take care Sharon.

xx

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50406 on: August 29, 2017, 11:46:21 AM »

https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-greens.html?view=ppc&pid=3366&gclid=Cj0KCQjwoZTNBRCWARIsAOMZHmHNYa9B-1-KZn0jdIzZ2BkWo06vuWrz3Wpqgk2fbyCpsro3faSwkpkaAmKUEALw_wcB

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50407 on: August 31, 2017, 01:31:58 PM »

How are you coping fagless Tone, are you winning yet?

Not really Tom, 0-0 so far I guess.

Not had one in 50 odd days now, but I still have that urge to smoke almost every day, especially after meals & at times like that.

I used to smoke most when playing online poker every night, so that's why I have not played any poker since the

The mental battle is far from won yet - I still think I should be able to have the odd one, but of course that's silly, 1 leads to 2, 2 leads to 3 or 4, & that's that, game over.

I'd be smoking again now if it were not for Gill. She'd not be annoyed, or fall out with me, or get cross or anything - she'd just be very upset & sad. And she has been immensely supportive every minute since it happened, I can't begin to tell you how supportive she has been.

So the bottom line is I'm not cured of smoking yet, no, but I'm just about managing to get by without yielding or giving in.

It's the danger period now, too, the point when we think "yup, I've beaten it".

I still have plenty of ciggies & a lighter in the house, I sort of spite stare at them - I refuse to give in to you bastards sorta thing. Daft really, but it's how my mind works.

I tried so many times to stop smoking and failed. Then I woke up one morning knowing beyond doubt that if I didn't stop I wouldn't see my youngest grow up.

I haven't had a cigarette this century and eventually I did stop missing them.

Hang in there.

Not had one this century?

Crikey, you must have used that "dummy" a good few years then, I seem to recall you were still using that after 2008.

We were sharing a room once in Southend, or Blackpool, or somewhere equally dire, and you lost your dummy, there was hell to pay. Eventually you found it in your rolled up sock. You put it straight in your mouth and immediately all was well.

I spit the dummy out in about  03/04. (We go back a long way)

Hello Tom.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50408 on: August 31, 2017, 01:44:25 PM »

Bollocks!

Should have read this thread first.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50409 on: August 31, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »

How are you coping fagless Tone, are you winning yet?

Not really Tom, 0-0 so far I guess.

Not had one in 50 odd days now, but I still have that urge to smoke almost every day, especially after meals & at times like that.

I used to smoke most when playing online poker every night, so that's why I have not played any poker since the

The mental battle is far from won yet - I still think I should be able to have the odd one, but of course that's silly, 1 leads to 2, 2 leads to 3 or 4, & that's that, game over.

I'd be smoking again now if it were not for Gill. She'd not be annoyed, or fall out with me, or get cross or anything - she'd just be very upset & sad. And she has been immensely supportive every minute since it happened, I can't begin to tell you how supportive she has been.

So the bottom line is I'm not cured of smoking yet, no, but I'm just about managing to get by without yielding or giving in.

It's the danger period now, too, the point when we think "yup, I've beaten it".

I still have plenty of ciggies & a lighter in the house, I sort of spite stare at them - I refuse to give in to you bastards sorta thing. Daft really, but it's how my mind works.

I tried so many times to stop smoking and failed. Then I woke up one morning knowing beyond doubt that if I didn't stop I wouldn't see my youngest grow up.

I haven't had a cigarette this century and eventually I did stop missing them.

Hang in there.

Not had one this century?

Crikey, you must have used that "dummy" a good few years then, I seem to recall you were still using that after 2008.

Lets call it a draw.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50410 on: August 31, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »

Happy days.

I have 20/20 memory according to my optician.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50411 on: August 31, 2017, 01:50:16 PM »

OK, I'll be generous & settle for a draw.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50412 on: September 01, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »

A week or two ago, I mentioned that HMS Queen Elizabeth was in Portsmouth Harbour, & I'd very much like to see her first hand.

So, last Saturday, with Gill down for the Bank Holiday weekend, we went & did exactly that.

What a magnificent beast she is. The ship, I mean, not Gill.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50413 on: September 01, 2017, 09:02:32 AM »

This would have been the best photo, but I somehow managed to create the illusion that the "Spinnaker Tower" was part of the Ship.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50414 on: September 01, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »

Here's the offending Spinnaker Tower.

It cost around £50 million, with much of the money coming from National Lottery funding & the local council, who actually own it.

I'm really not sure that's good use of Lottery & Council money, but we live in strange times, & there seems to be a fashion these days for sticky-uppy pointy monuments. They have one in Brighton now, too, it was called the I-Tower I think, but some smart Alex nicknamed it I-Sore. LIKE.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:10:54 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3357 3358 3359 3360 [3361] 3362 3363 3364 3365 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: