blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:58:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 3424 3425 [3426] 3427 3428 3429 3430 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320301 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51375 on: March 07, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »

Hey Tony

Do you ever watch Talonchick's twitch channel?  I didn't rate her much before I saw it, but she has game.  I have definitely warmed to her.  Her kids show up every so often and I think she is a natural for it. 

Most of her content is O8, though you'll have to put up with NLO8 too.   Monday night is the big PLO8 tourney on stars, so that is your best bet.  She usually late regs at 9 or so uk.   If she isn't there, you often get Lex instead and he definitely has game.

I think you'll enjoy it.  The final table song is bloody awful though, and you have to be ready to switch off some of the songs in the break! Don't let it put you off, would recommend.

No.

In fact, I'll be honest, I don't ever recall watching anyone's Twitch stream.

I will give that a go next Monday though. Where would I find it? I've got a full Sky Subscription, so I've got all the channels.

"final table song".

Wait. It has music?

FFS.

Clever linking to the word "row" though David, wp, wp.

Click to see full-size image.

https://www.twitch.tv/talonchick

I tend to just have it on in the corner if I am playing, unless I am out of space on the screen.   She has a song that she puts on when she reaches the final table.  It isn't up there with Flo and Joan and root canal work, but still pretty annoying.

She has now left Stars and won't be streaming so much in future, which is a shame. 

Marvellous. Just as I'm about to embark on my Twitch-viewing journey, she jumps off.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51376 on: March 07, 2018, 08:44:37 AM »

Saw the Ali version at Tring fest a summer or two ago. Deece to accompany alcohol and a warm summer evening

You went to a pop festival?

At your age?

Good grief.

Not sure The Chomps would ever be so down with the kids.

Saw the Duncan Campbell bunch at Newmarket a couple of summers ago. See they played Chelmsford City last year after an AW card. Probably about a dozen there plus two bookies. Poor old UB40.

Those Friday night July Course concerts are the nuts, but this year's schedule sucks.

http://newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk/newmarket-nights

Maybe Nile Rodgers at a push, but there's no Busted or Mcfly in this line up. And certainly no Backstreet Boys!

Favourite Backstreet Boys track?

If you offered me a million quid, I'd not be able to name a Backstreet Boys single, nor name any of the Band members. Even if I could, I'd be too embarrassed to admit it.

Really Graham, you need to take a look at yourself, mid 50's & living in some God-forsaken backwater widely seen as England's scullery, & now you tell us you like a boy band. What else, Bay City Rollers?

I had you down as more of a Matt Munro or Englebert sort.

Disappointed in you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51377 on: March 07, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »

Read this Tone, the figures are astounding.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Super_Cub

It's beyond astounding, Tom.

60 or so years ago, the Japanese started with a clean sheet of paper in car & motorcycle manufacturing, & were a laughing stock. Soon, they ruled the world.

"Made in Japan" used to suggest it was cheap rubbish, now they are a symbol of reliability & endurance.

Even now, the motorcycle world is dominated by the Japanese. Their machinery is different class to that which I grew up on.

I'd not have swapped my Norton, Triumph or BSA for them though, oh no. 

I began with an ex-GPO BSA Bantam, leg-guards & all, then graduated to a Triumph Tiger Cub before stepping up to a Triumph Bonneville & eventually a BSA Gold Star. What times they were. These days, I drive around in what amounts to a heated Parker-Knoll armchair. Meh.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #51378 on: March 07, 2018, 10:58:01 AM »

Back in the day he had a nice line in jackets, too.

Do you think he looks a bit like John Denver in that photo?

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51379 on: March 07, 2018, 11:33:33 AM »

Back in the day he had a nice line in jackets, too.

Do you think he looks a bit like John Denver in that photo?

Who is John Denver?

Is he in the Backstreet Boys?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51380 on: March 08, 2018, 07:47:18 AM »

Nolan Dalla, who used to write all the WSOP Content before his abrupt departure via an alleged motorboat, keeps a deliciously well-written blog, & paid his respects to Paul Magriel yesterday.

How about this for a fine piece of writing?

You wouldn’t have known about Paul’s mastery of other games by looking at him in his later years, which were mostly spent grinding low-stakes poker games in Las Vegas, with the occasional tournament cash here and there.  He rarely talked about his life before poker.  The last time I saw Paul was a month ago.  He was playing in a $70 buy-in nightly tournament at the Orleans.

Cynics might have gazed upon Paul, seen his wrinkled pants barely hanging around his waist, observed his distracting facial tics, and be very hard-pressed to imagine this same man was once a gaming giant who regularly dressed in tuxedos, dined at the world’s finest restaurants, and always flew first-class.

Indeed, Paul seemed to become what many old poker players become in the late autumn of their years, broken down men who long ago forfeited their riches and glory to old age and the creeping hands of all human clocks, their lost triumphs now long past in the rearview mirror of life, invisible to the casual eye.

The full piece is here;

http://www.nolandalla.com/remembering-paul-magriel/

peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #51381 on: March 08, 2018, 08:20:22 AM »

Thought the same after reading it on 2+2, great writing.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51382 on: March 08, 2018, 11:04:15 AM »

The fella who had not had a bowel evacuation for 35 days got to 47 days, at which point, the Police, fearful of his health & the shit hitting the fan, released him & he was taken to hospital where, it is reported, he had the most magnificent & satisfying evacuation.

He was then promptly re-arrested on drug-related charges.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51383 on: March 08, 2018, 11:12:05 AM »

Meanwhile, over on Fred the boys are whittling about the cover price of the Racing Post increasing to £2.90, whilst ignoring the greater cause for concern - tomorrow will be the last ever print edition of the NME.

Where will Chomps glean his Backstreet Boys info now?

NME & Melody Maker - the print editions that looked like a tabloid - were the best things ever, & we read them from cover to cover.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51384 on: March 08, 2018, 01:19:38 PM »

Meanwhile, over on Fred the boys are whittling about the cover price of the Racing Post increasing to £2.90, whilst ignoring the greater cause for concern - tomorrow will be the last ever print edition of the NME.

Where will Chomps glean his Backstreet Boys info now?

NME & Melody Maker - the print editions that looked like a tabloid - were the best things ever, & we read them from cover to cover.

A bit less shite cluttering up my newsagents.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51385 on: March 08, 2018, 01:21:54 PM »

The fella who had not had a bowel evacuation for 35 days got to 47 days, at which point, the Police, fearful of his health & the shit hitting the fan, released him & he was taken to hospital where, it is reported, he had the most magnificent & satisfying evacuation.

He was then promptly re-arrested on drug-related charges.

Did they have to call in Dingdelle - do they actually have police colonic irrigationistes?

I wonder how much weight he lost quite apart from the two kilos of skag.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51386 on: March 08, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »

I would never have seen half the bands that i have without the NME.

Thanks for the memories.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51387 on: March 08, 2018, 01:52:54 PM »

John Plunkett @johnplunkett149
How NME publisher announced closure of print edition #NME

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #51388 on: March 08, 2018, 06:35:45 PM »

Never supported my beloved Shed Seven in the 90s, so I'll be 'shedding' no tears at the NME's demise.

Used to be decent(ish) back in the day but it's been shite for years now so this is long overdue.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51389 on: March 10, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »

Fun and games at the IoD, as a spot of entrapment results in the resignation of the Chairwoman, Lady Judge.

If only Lade Judge was a Judge, that'd be a patronym, which in itself seems a made-up word. (Just added the patronym bit to impress Tal Bloke & Tighty).

Anyway, Lady Judge - actually, Barbara Judge, but she's been Dame'd - made some really unpleasant comments;

The allegations reported in The Times are that Lady Judge made derogatory comments about staff, including that "blacks can get aggressive".

Accusations

Lady Judge allegedly told the IoD's director general that "the problem is we have one black and one pregnant woman [on the IoD secretariat] and that is the worst combination we could possibly have".

She also allegedly bullied her assistant, making her cry on a number of occasions. Lady Judge also allegedly made her assistant stand on the staircase for an hour "whilst a painter considered the best light in which to paint a portrait of Lady Judge".

So that's it, GG Lady Judge.

She'll be fine, her CV must run to 20 pages.

Wiki reveals this interesting Lady Judge fact;

When asked by a job interview panel at the Bank of England to name her greatest accomplishment, she replied that she had once taken a nine-month sabbatical to help her son Lloyd cope with dyslexia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Judge

Good Lord, no wonder they made her a Dame.

I've never met Lady Judge - obv - & never will, but I fancy we'd not rub along too well.

Tell you what though - she's looking pretty damn good for a woman aged 71, though I'm not entirely clear if this is a photograph or a portrait. .

Pages: 1 ... 3422 3423 3424 3425 [3426] 3427 3428 3429 3430 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: