blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3468 3469 3470 3471 [3472] 3473 3474 3475 3476 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335363 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52065 on: June 08, 2018, 09:34:25 AM »

Lukewarm

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52066 on: June 08, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »

I thought the combination of an afternoon tourney for you and an unusually early start for me this morning might increase the chance of squeezeage.

As they say - on to the next one.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #52067 on: June 08, 2018, 10:15:29 AM »

Unlucky
Looks like you got them in great spots for huge one and kkk.
All can do some days .
Onwards and upwards !
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #52068 on: June 08, 2018, 12:13:57 PM »

Do feel diet is an issue. Think the majority shareholders should call a meeting and set a diet plan. Single SCOOPIOS shouldn't merit a sticky bun.

Should be final table single sticky bun and outright win all you can eat buffet. Drowning sorrows in plate of sticky buns should be discouraged.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52069 on: June 08, 2018, 12:34:49 PM »

I thought the combination of an afternoon tourney for you and an unusually early start for me this morning might increase the chance of squeezeage.

The page count is a rough guide as to the amount of squeezage to be expected. Todays was vastly differently from yesterday’s and a quick exit was expected.

Cymru am byth
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #52070 on: June 08, 2018, 01:29:41 PM »

That place looked to be lacking heart and soul, a cold place to lose.
It was best to get out of there in double quick time Grin
So before we get too many pages away from where you mentioned it, what was the final reckoning on the cash hand?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #52071 on: June 08, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »

I think it's time for a few words from Christopher Walken

Time to be the Lion

Ah! The element of surprise
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #52072 on: June 08, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »

Do feel diet is an issue. Think the majority shareholders should call a meeting and set a diet plan. Single SCOOPIOS shouldn't merit a sticky bun.

Should be final table single sticky bun and outright win all you can eat buffet. Drowning sorrows in plate of sticky buns should be discouraged.

Should be buffet if he busts before the dinner break!

They're tez Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #52073 on: June 08, 2018, 05:21:41 PM »

The page count is a rough guide as to the amount of squeezage to be expected. Todays was vastly differently from yesterday’s and a quick exit was expected.

The page count was not apparent until I refreshed the thread at the crack of dawn - I was hoping his ippy had died when I saw only two new pages.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52074 on: June 08, 2018, 07:16:13 PM »

If you want some ideas for various things in Seattle then this site has some interesting stuff on it.

http://seattleflyerguy.blogspot.com/2012/06/

If Gill likes her seafood then some of the restaurants on the Waterfront are very good but not too pricey. If you are going to the Space Needle deffo try to book your tickets in advance, I last went about 2 years ago and there were big  queue's waiting to pay on the day. Back then if you collected pre paid tickets you could go str8 up without having to queue again. If you can try to book a specific time to go on the observation deck too.

Knowing you like a nice coffee shop I think you would like this place which is situated close to Century Link Field. Quite old looking and lots of wooden walls and books to flick thru if you wish and abs no music or any other interruptions. Its a 2 minute walk from the main town Centre Light link rail station

https://www.zeitgeistcoffee.com/

Over the road is this place which is a pretty nice way to spend an hour or so

http://www.seattleandsound.com/klondike.html

If you wanted to take in a baseball game or even a soccer game at Century Link then those 2 spots are a nice way too spend a few hours, tho the coffee shop might be a little busy on a Soccer or Baseball day.

There are plenty of nice beach/woodland walks to the north of the city too if you wanted to spend the rest of a day doing that. This place is about a 20 min cab ride away to the east of the City Centre and there may be a Light rail link that goes close by too.

http://www.seattle.gov/parks/find/parks/seward-park

Cheers

Morning Phil, sorry for delayed reply.

I sent that to Gill - she's in charge of booking stuff - & it was very useful.

We don't have enough time to do much besides the Boeing Tour, Space Needle & Pike Place, but we were looking for somewhere nice to eat so we looked at the waterfront stuff & found this place, Elliott's Oyster House;

Click to see full-size image.

Here's the menu;

http://www.elliottsoysterhouse.com/waterfront-dinner/

I'm having Alaskan True Cod & Chips, obv.

The Space Needle info was useful, too, as we won't have time to be queuing for hours, so Gill tried to book a slot, but it has to be booked less than 2 weeks in advance, so she's going to try again today.

Really useful, thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52075 on: June 08, 2018, 07:25:08 PM »

Unlucky
Looks like you got them in great spots for huge one and kkk.
All can do some days .
Onwards and upwards !

It was really brutal, Rob, I kept finding superb spots & flops, & somehow missed every time bar one.

The exit hand was insane value, 4 players all in on the flop & I'm holding both nut draws, turned the nut flush but that got beat & the low missed too.

I'm playing much more aggressively this year, trying to play for stacks in the right spots, but just can't get there or hold. Not moaning, just how it is.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52076 on: June 08, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »

Ulul. All the Deepstack stuff is 8miles off strip this summer?

Venetian? Yup, all of it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52077 on: June 08, 2018, 07:31:04 PM »

Are you booked in for both flights today?....stands back

Ha, no.

I really enjoy morning starts, but I fear that once I got the taste I'd want to buy-in again for the evening flight if things go wrong, so eventually & after a serious dither, I decided on the evening flight, 5pm start (1am UK).

It's $565 & unlimited re-entries, so I fancy it will play super laggy.

So I've paid in, & drew Seat 8, marv. That'll be a telescope & binocular job.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52078 on: June 08, 2018, 07:36:34 PM »

That place looked to be lacking heart and soul, a cold place to lose.
It was best to get out of there in double quick time Grin
So before we get too many pages away from where you mentioned it, what was the final reckoning on the cash hand?

Yup, I'll do that next, but I'll quote the hand as posted for reference.

peejaytwo made a very good point, which has exercised me since he asked - why did I bet if I planned to fold to a check raise?

Good & fair question, but how often do you expect to find THREE players all with the flopped nuts? 5 card makes it more possible, yes, but the default pre flop hand in Big O is some sort of low-based hand, as they are easier to hit. I certainly was not expecting three players all to have high only hands. (Me & 2 others).

Anyway, let me reference the hand to refresh memories.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52079 on: June 08, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »

I have.....

Everyone limps for $10 (almost everyone always limps) & when it gets to me I make it $60 to play. I've not been particularly active, but generally raise my Button.

SB calls, BB calls, (these are the other 2 big stacks, $1,600 & $3,500). Everyone else folds. So far, so good.

Flop is.....

So I've flopped the abso nuts, plus the J-10 2 pair, but I don't have spades or backdoor clubs. I do have extensions with the 2 pair J-10 but they could very easily be "dead" extensions.

It goes check, check, & I make it $200. Think I have to bet here.

I'm a little surprised when the SB now check raises me, as he's very nitty. He made it (approx) $1,000.

Pretty sure I know his hand, & whilst I'm digesting this news, the BB (VERY aggro & playing $3,500) now re-pots it.

Ooh-er mother.

It's all-in for me to call, &, in my case, the main pot will be around $4,500 ignoring the side pot.

You'll be astonished to know that there was a very strong (though perfectly civil) difference of view on the hand, with 3 saying it was a no-brainer call & 2 saying it was a trivial straightforward fold.

In my spot, what is the correct play here, & why?

Someone asked "why do I HAVE to bet here?"

It just feels right to me, why give them free cards when they can have spades or a set & let them get there free?

I guess we could play it slower, but in 5 card game giving free cards is usually unwise imo.

Anyway, I folded once it went pot pot behind me, & I think all of you agreed that, as played, that was the sensible play.  

The surprise was that, at the Table, 2 guys thought I was mad to fold, "wtf, worst fold ever", which just shows how we all see these things differently.  

There was a bigger surprise though.

After watching with interest to see how the board ran out - it ran out completely blank & safe, but not bothered that I folded, as it would have been chop chop so I was risking money with no upside, but I did a double take when I saw the 2 hands.

Both had the A-K, as 100% expected, but neither had a set, neither had spades, & neither had the bare Ace of spades, which was deffo a strong possibility.

So I read the hand completely wrong, & I think many of you would have, too.  

As played, I think my fold there is correct, but if I had nut spades as improvers, obv, I'm in like a shot. Not sure I'm calling if I have  set, as once it becomes apparent we are all playing high only hands, the chances of a pair up are much diminished.

FWIW, I don't much like their play. Not that my view makes it wrong, obv.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:50:48 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3468 3469 3470 3471 [3472] 3473 3474 3475 3476 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: