blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:24:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Chompy and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3548 3549 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 3555 3556 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297181 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53265 on: October 18, 2018, 06:13:07 PM »

It is a little odd how most if us sort of gradually increase in size as we age.

Meh, I would argue you are going the other way. I know my similarly aged grandparents are.....

FML.

Just when I think it's a compliment, BOOM, in comes the right-hander.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53266 on: October 22, 2018, 10:21:15 AM »

If this does not bring a tear to your eye, nothing will.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53267 on: October 22, 2018, 10:23:48 AM »

And here is the late Gentleman's Wiki page;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Winton

Click to see full-size image.

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #53268 on: October 23, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »

one for you TK

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6307065/Worlds-oldest-electric-train-running-15-years-abandoned-bush.html
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53269 on: October 23, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/companies/clients/hs2/hs2-unveils-birmingham-station-designs/10035959.article?blocktitle=More-news&contentID=10667

Curzon Street station plans (on the HS2 line)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #53270 on: October 24, 2018, 02:20:05 PM »

Hi tikay, sorry I missed this the other day.

Think bet was unfortunate. Would have liked to have got off with a winner.

Alias based on name and I’m from just outside Glasgow.

Glasgow? By chance, I was up there the weekend before last. It may well be lovely when the sun shines, but it rained non-stop.

blondepoker used to have an "interest" in a poker club in Glasgow, think it was on Bridge Street, one of the nicer parts of town.

Just transferred this over to your diary as it is a bit off topic on the tips thread

Cincins appears to be a bank now

You might have noticed the waste ground a couple of blocks up.  It used to be this building

Quite a lot of fantastic buildings like this have been demolished in Glasgow, it really is a disgrace.

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #53271 on: October 26, 2018, 09:37:31 PM »

Funny things. I've literally been speaking to a friend today about a vegan Chinese restaurant in Glasgow and the first two letters of the sign appeared in doubleup's photo bang next door to the bank. Lotus Vegetarian Restaurant. It is meant to be exceptional and since I am dabbling in veganism (unsure if that's a term), and have never been, I'll likely take a trip through some time soon.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #53272 on: October 27, 2018, 03:18:34 PM »

This diary used to be good but I think it has tailed off and become a hassle for you to do!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53273 on: October 27, 2018, 04:07:46 PM »

This diary used to be good but I think it has tailed off and become a hassle for you to do!

Well I'm afraid I must beg to differ.

It used to be crap and it's still crap.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53274 on: October 27, 2018, 05:58:38 PM »

Would "waffle & splurge" reasonably describe it?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53275 on: October 27, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »

I feel a need to explain that comment by Magic817, who is a bit of a shortarse, but a really good friend & a wingman to me Next Door.

UKOPS is taking place, started yesterday & runs for 10 days, and is very important for The Business, so I do a little write up every day. To try to lighten it up &, arguably, make it more readable than just a string of poker-related names, numbers & results, I mix it up with some general (non-poker) news & comment.  

Today's missive was north of 2,000 words long, contained 20 or more photos, I started it at 0600 sharp & it took me until 1pm to finish. And I was up past midnight last night monitoring the results as they happened. None of which I mind at all, in fact I enjoy doing it.

I described it myself in self-deprecating but entirely fair terms as splurge & waffle, & amongst the feedback - & all feedback is welcome - was included one Gentleman or Lady who wrote.....

I enjoyed this read but you tailed off and made it seem like it was a hassle for you to do and a hassle for me to read. At one point you said it was splurge - I am not familiar with this expression but I have assumed it is an excretion of some kind.

I'm still trying to decide if it was intended as a compliment or an insult. I fear the worst but hope for the best.

The process of ageing continues to take it's inevitable toll.

I do hope that was not too much hassle for you to read......

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:25:42 PM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53276 on: October 27, 2018, 06:13:40 PM »

I think we could stretch to excellent waffle & splurge.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53277 on: October 27, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »

I think we could stretch to excellent waffle & splurge.

Beats all the compliments - well both of them - received so far.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53278 on: October 27, 2018, 06:46:57 PM »

I feel a need to explain that comment by Magic817, who is a bit of a shortarse, but a really good friend & a wingman to me Next Door.

UKOPS is taking place, started yesterday & runs for 10 days, and is very important for The Business, so I do a little write up every day. To try to lighten it up &, arguably, make it more readable than just a string of poker-related names, numbers & results, I mix it up with some general (non-poker) news & comment.  

Today's missive was north of 2,000 words long, contained 20 or more photos, I started it at 0600 sharp & it took me until 1pm to finish. And I was up past midnight last night monitoring the results as they happened. None of which I mind at all, in fact I enjoy doing it.

I described it myself in self-deprecating but entirely fair terms as splurge & waffle, & amongst the feedback - & all feedback is welcome - was included one Gentleman or Lady who wrote.....

I enjoyed this read but you tailed off and made it seem like it was a hassle for you to do and a hassle for me to read. At one point you said it was splurge - I am not familiar with this expression but I have assumed it is an excretion of some kind.

I'm still trying to decide if it was intended as a compliment or an insult. I fear the worst but hope for the best.

Highlighted bit immediately made me think of this:

"Yes, well I'm a slow reader myself..."

Keep up the good work, Tikay. Sounds like a lot of fun.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53279 on: October 27, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »

Highlighted bit immediately made me think of this:

"Yes, well I'm a slow reader myself..."

Keep up the good work, Tikay. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Ha, now THAT is splurge and waffle of the highest quality.

Does Robbie Coltrane still do acting stuff? I rather enjoyed his work.

Pages: 1 ... 3548 3549 3550 3551 [3552] 3553 3554 3555 3556 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: