blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 3573 3574 [3575] 3576 3577 3578 3579 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329078 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53610 on: May 25, 2019, 07:35:17 PM »

Mystery £100 received from "Blonde Greg". Not sure who that might be at present, anyone sent £100 with that reference?

Would that be Greg Hill , Jeff's lad  ?

Cannot remember his username on here.

Possibly Mr M.

He has not posted for around a year, so I originally discounted that possibility, but I just checked & he logged in (but did not post) yesterday. So yes, it could be. He usually takes a bit.

I'll put it to 1 side for a day or two & see if he contacts me. Certainly, if he wants it, he's booked.

You seen or heard from Slow-Mo recently? Jeez, you & him together on the Golf Course must make a right pair of miserable moaning sods. Hope he's OK. What you up to these days, still dreaming pleasant dreams of your beloved Queen Victoria?

More seriously, has the FOTB thing affected your business much?

No , not seen him for years. Probably one of the last times I saw him he flounced ( seems a topical word ) off the Beeston Fields
golf course after around 4 holes.

FOTBs ... won't affect me as much as the big boys but still a reduced income and another nail in the coffin of retail bookmaking.

Queen Victoria , you know how to spoil my day.

See you in Vegas for a catch up !

You doing Vegas this year? Great news. Fingers crossed we bump into each other for a Starby & a catch-up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53611 on: May 25, 2019, 07:36:04 PM »

Shipped

Received, thanks Trev.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53612 on: May 25, 2019, 07:37:31 PM »

I like round numbers, so it’s £250 for me please Tony

Lovely job, & that's now nestling safely in my bank account, thank you.

You doing Vegas this year?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53613 on: May 25, 2019, 07:39:41 PM »

Think this is where we currently are;

Bold = Paid.

MPOWER £237

Marky £100

AndrewT £137

typhoon £500

booder £100

redsimon £100

doobs £100

bobalike £207

engy £100

Ironside £69

tiger £138

Longines £69

Karma Dope £69

LORD MANTIS £500

4KSuited £250

HutchGF £69

Chompy £345

Sue & Dave £150

mohican £69

Knotttikay £100

Nakor £50 or £100, tbc
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:08:37 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53614 on: May 25, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »

100 pounds from me to your Vegas scamming deal please.

Will have to pay next Friday though, as I have just purchased a job lot of Ryder Cup winning jackets  Cool

Cheers, good luck, blah blah blah.

Alan

Thanks Alan, & yes, Friday is just fine, no rush at all. (I head out on June 6th).

Think I'd best explain this;

"I have just purchased a job lot of Ryder Cup winning jackets"

There's currently a charity-based Heads-Up Comp running Next Door run by one of the regulars, & the format is Ryder Cup style, with Foursomes, Fourballs & all that sort of stuff. It's all a bit confusing, but I just turn up & play as & when requested.

The Teams are "North" & "South" (UK), & Knottikay is one of the North boys (he's a Stoke lad), who currently lead by about 8-1 or something similar. I'm A South, obv. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53615 on: May 25, 2019, 08:04:58 PM »

Smaller schedule this year i notice.Stamina not what it was ?

Obviously in for a hundo.

Ha. No, stamina is still reasonable, all things considered.

Smaller schedule this year for a variety of reasons.

I'm not there as long this year, 3 weeks & 2 days I think in total.

Of the first 7 days, I'll be working at least part of the day on 4 of the days. The Sky Qualifiers arrive on the 6th & stay for 7 nights. Within those 7 days there's;

Welcome party (Friday 7th evening)

SPT Las Vegas (Sunday 9th all day)

Top Golf (Monday 10th evening)

Leaving Party (Wednesday 12th evening).

So no poker any of those days. I generally swerve the social or alcohol-based stuff, as I'm socially awkward where alcohol is concerned. This year, though, I plan to attend all of them, even if only for a few hours until folks get too tiddly. Sky have been incredibly good to me, & generous as to how they look after me, so the least I can do is show willing & make a bit more effort. It remains to be seen if we'll still all be together next year of course, now that 'Stars own the shop lock stock & barrel. I also need to keep some spare "work" time available all the time I'm out there & keep the Forum Next Door up to date with a sort of Postcard from Vegas thing & various other Vegas stuff. It's the least I can do after how Sky have looked after me, especially the last few years.

The Sky team & most of the players fly home on Thursday 13th, & Gill flies in the same day for a 12 day stay. Gill is perfectly happy for me to play as much poker as I want, but I want to balance it out a bit, & try & spend a bit more time with her this year. We will also be flying across to the West Coast for a couple of days, around 20th/21st I think. Los Angeles tourist stuff & Oceanside, the latter being where we got engaged 5 years ago. 

So, of the 23 days I'm there, around half are accounted for, but I'll be non-stop pokering the rest of the time.

Anyhow, how are you keeping now after that Harry scare a few years ago? Are you still working at the School, or somewhere else? Did you sell your motorbike?

Keep in touch mate, & thanks for the stake.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53616 on: May 25, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »

^^^ Wow! That much planned stuff would give me the heeby jeebys.^^^

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53617 on: May 25, 2019, 08:17:49 PM »

So now we know why Danny is leaving Wink

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53618 on: May 25, 2019, 08:20:18 PM »

^^^ Wow! That much planned stuff would give me the heeby jeebys.^^^

It's most unlike me to be so organised, Tom. Whether I stick to it remains to be seen, when I get to Vegas I'm like a kid in a sweet shop or a dog in the park.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53619 on: May 25, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »

Wink

It quite surprised me that he jumped ship, but I guess he has his reasons. I know it's not a popular view, but as site Ambo, or Pro, or whatever we call it, he's done a great job.

There's an awful lot of vitriol been sent his way & I think he handled it reasonably well all things considered. There's an awful lot of hatred & the like in poker, & it's a shame really, it's the main thing about poker people I can't get comfortable with. "Hatred" or dislike is way too prevalent in life these days. If only we could all be a little more tolerant of each other, in life & in poker.

Sorry if that sounds a bit sermony, it's an age thing I think.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53620 on: May 25, 2019, 08:35:55 PM »

Hi Tony, can you put me down for £100?

I guess we'll bump into each other in Vegas; looking forward to it.

Is there any reason you picked the Venetian over the Golden Nugget on the 26th June?  I had you down as more of a Nugget guy, but guess the Venetian has a bigger guarantee.  I was going to go for the Nugget, but the Venetian is next door to the Wynn, so could switch.

Hi David, £100 BOOKED, obv.

As to Nugget or Venetian, I've not really decided yet. Think I marginally enjoy Nugget more, but it's close.

I'll probably play wherever you play, it's nice to play poker in Vegas with good mates from home, & you & I had some fun there year before last. (?). Think you were on my Table with 2 or 3 tables left & you were down to 1 Big, & I was sitting reasonably comfy. I soon busted, & you turned your 1 Big into a 5 figure score?

I've also got a few 08 pals next door who are going for the first time, & I promised to take them to play a few 08 events together & help show them the Vegas ropes.   

So in short, I don't know yet, but I guess Nugget is marginally more likely now I think about it.

Talking of Wynn, I'm just re-reading this book about Steve Wynn;

He's an out & out rogue, a complete wrong-un, & the book was written long before the latest revelations about him surfaced, & which bought about his downfall & resignation from the Business.  

Thoroughly nasty man, but the book is a cracking read.  

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53621 on: May 25, 2019, 08:39:10 PM »

Wink

It quite surprised me that he jumped ship, but I guess he has his reasons. I know it's not a popular view, but as site Ambo, or Pro, or whatever we call it, he's done a great job.

There's an awful lot of vitriol been sent his way & I think he handled it reasonably well all things considered. There's an awful lot of hatred & the like in poker, & it's a shame really, it's the main thing about poker people I can't get comfortable with. "Hatred" or dislike is way too prevalent in life these days. If only we could all be a little more tolerant of each other, in life & in poker.

Just got married and wants to have kids straightaway, I would imagine. Hard to do that when he's bowling around the world playing EPTs.

He's great for poker, for sure. No doubt self serving, and tows the company line as I'm sure most would, when they're put in the same spot.

Been using the age thing since you were about 70, when I met you back in '04 Wink

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53622 on: May 25, 2019, 08:56:26 PM »

Could I take £50 or £100 if you still open?
Hope you have been keeping well.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53623 on: May 25, 2019, 09:04:12 PM »

Wink

Just got married and wants to have kids straightaway, I would imagine. Hard to do that when he's bowling around the world playing EPTs.

He's great for poker, for sure. No doubt self serving, and tows the company line as I'm sure most would, when they're put in the same spot.

Been using the age thing since you were about 70, when I met you back in '04 Wink

Exactly. That was his job, that was what he was paid to do.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53624 on: May 25, 2019, 09:06:31 PM »

Could I take £50 or £100 if you still open?
Hope you have been keeping well.

Yay, great to hear from you, been an age since you last posted.

How are the family now? Kids at school yet?

£50 or £100 is absolutely fine, whatever you prefer. You are BOOKED, just let me know which you prefer please.  Will add you to the list now too.

Pages: 1 ... 3571 3572 3573 3574 [3575] 3576 3577 3578 3579 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: