blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3569 3570 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 3576 3577 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296400 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #53580 on: May 25, 2019, 11:51:06 AM »

And in surprise news, £500 BOOKED by elderly miserable bloke from Nottingham.

Details tomorrow, when I do the booked/paid list.

3 out of 4 right , he comes from Lincoln , sits on his arse all day pretending to trade in
commodities while reading and watching the racing.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53581 on: May 25, 2019, 12:31:39 PM »

Hands up if you remember this.

Only vaguely Tom.

I'll raise you your Stamina with what might have been the best tasting thing on earth ever ever ever. Spread this on bread & it transported us to Heaven.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53582 on: May 25, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »

Thank you to everyone who has pledged action, really appreciate it.

I'd best get the lists of who has what sorted, & send the PM's with Bank Details shortly, bear with me please. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53583 on: May 25, 2019, 12:37:45 PM »

Added to the Team, Sue & Dave Norsden (Mr & Mrs KidGrimsby from Next Door).

They had trouble logging in to blonde, but sent £150 on spec. After exchanging texts to confirm, they are booked for & have paid £150. 

Thanks Sue & Dave.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53584 on: May 25, 2019, 12:40:15 PM »

Mystery £100 received from "Blonde Greg". Not sure who that might be at present, anyone sent £100 with that reference?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53585 on: May 25, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »

£100 sent.

Get me some Macchiato monies, please.

Thanks Marky.

When you send me cash it usually lands in my Account instantly, but no sign of it yet.

Am guessing you are not "Blonde Greg", obv. 

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53586 on: May 25, 2019, 12:42:56 PM »

£100 sent.

Thanks Marky.

When you send me cash it usually lands in my Account instantly, but no sign of it yet.

Marky is more blonde Greggs.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53587 on: May 25, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »

This is a most extraordinary image.  

Click to see full-size image.

This is the queue to summit Mount Everest.

More than 200 people are thought to have reached the summit on Wednesday.  Three of them died, possibly as a result of the queue in the death zone.

Wow, that is a captivating picture, for sure.

Imagine being stuck up there, and knowing you're done.

Imagine climbing past the remains of previous mountaineers like hannalore Schmatz who sat down at 8300 m in 1979 and died there n then and whose remains sat there for years after leaning on her rucksack tied on by a Sherpa who after her death sat with her ,losing his fingers n toes to frostbite after descending!
eyes open hair blowing in the breeze
A skeletal smile on her face as you negotiate your way past her !
2 more died trying to remove her remains some years later
Many bodies fall into the khumbu ice fall to be churned out many years later
It’s a pretty grisly hobby is high altitude mountaineering

Imagine climbing Everest like Reinhold messier and peter habeler did alpine style very fast  so fast in fact no one believed them so messner  returned and climbed it again .peter habeler said fk that

Another 3 have died there in the last 24 hours.  Must be a dreadfu;l decision to make.  You have climed to within 400m of the summit and face a 10 hour queue.  Your head says you should turn round, as you have effectively made it, but why were you there in the first place?

There are some vidoes of everest climbs on youtube and the like and it just looks brutal.   Even with someone carting your stuff up there for you, it must take extreme bravery and inner strength to get there.

above 7000 m  you are living in the death zone as mountaineers call it one uk climber lived above this height for 21 days once ,but most can only manage 3 or 4
a lack of water extreme exertion and very thin air combine to make your decision making not its normal self
you have expended all of your energy to get that high on the mountain the summit is your personal target - do u really want to go home and say you failed ?to your family /your backers ?
all sense of reason goes out of the window your bloods turning to treacle and thickening in your veins causing pulmonary and cerebal  oedema -thats lung n brain problems -strokes blood clots etc
but still you are so near so you kick on ,your only focus is the summit
lots summit and having expended all their energy make mistakes on descending or get caught in bad weather n bivouac out just below the summit -julie tullis was one such uk climber died in her tent on k2
or like hal wickwire leader of a summit on k2 -think 10x harder to climb  than everest !
he bivvied out just below the summit and lost all or part of one of his lungs
it really is a cruel sport

Hi Tony,

How come you are so well-versed in mountaineering stuff? Was not aware you were into that sort of thing, & you don't look like a mountaineer. Though I'm not really clear what a mountaineer looks like.

Meanwhile, a Brit & a chap from Ireland have since died on Everest, both of them whilst descending, which was something you mentioned.  

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53588 on: May 25, 2019, 12:45:18 PM »

£100 sent.

Thanks Marky.

Marky is more blonde Greggs.

Ooh, back of the net. He'll fire back at you on that one Boo.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53589 on: May 25, 2019, 12:47:14 PM »

Requesting my usual 1% please. Proud to be part of Team Scoopio once again. 

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53590 on: May 25, 2019, 12:49:53 PM »

Requesting my usual 1% please. Proud to be part of Team Scoopio once again. 

Good stuff Carl, thank you.

Am just compiling a list of who has what so far, so I'll add you to it.

What's the current motorbike situation? Photos required please.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #53591 on: May 25, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »

Mystery £100 received from "Blonde Greg". Not sure who that might be at present, anyone sent £100 with that reference?

Would that be Greg Hill , Jeff's lad  ?

Cannot remember his username on here.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53592 on: May 25, 2019, 12:57:08 PM »

Would that be Greg Hill , Jeff's lad  ?

Junior, or, more recently Junior Senior.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53593 on: May 25, 2019, 01:04:30 PM »

Would that be Greg Hill , Jeff's lad  ?

Possibly Mr M.

He has not posted for around a year, so I originally discounted that possibility, but I just checked & he logged in (but did not post) yesterday. So yes, it could be. He usually takes a bit.

I'll put it to 1 side for a day or two & see if he contacts me. Certainly, if he wants it, he's booked.

You seen or heard from Slow-Mo recently? Jeez, you & him together on the Golf Course must make a right pair of miserable moaning sods. Hope he's OK. What you up to these days, still dreaming pleasant dreams of your beloved Queen Victoria?

More seriously, has the FOTB thing affected your business much?

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #53594 on: May 25, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »

And in surprise news, £500 BOOKED by elderly miserable bloke from Nottingham.

Details tomorrow, when I do the booked/paid list.

3 out of 4 right , he comes from Lincoln , sits on his arse all day pretending to trade in
commodities while reading and watching the racing.

Bastard
Pages: 1 ... 3569 3570 3571 3572 [3573] 3574 3575 3576 3577 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: