blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3575 3576 3577 3578 [3579] 3580 3581 3582 3583 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6320531 times)
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #53670 on: May 28, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »

Have you noticed the similarity between poker bad beats & getting caught speeding in your car?

Nobody wants to listen to our tale of woe, & to be honest, nobody gives a shit.

But every time we get done for speeding we genuinely think it's a bad beat, & I'm no exception to that.

Thing is, you just have to suck it up & get on with it, like a grown-up. No moaning, no reaching out for sympathy. 

PS - it was a little bit of a bad beat though, right? Please feel free to express your sympathy, then I'll feel so much better. 

Click to see full-size image.

60mph on the M25 at 4am is certainly a bad beat.....variable speed limit or not!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53671 on: May 28, 2019, 09:31:14 AM »

Not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me but , didn't you have a run in with a Yank Cop once.
You should employ Jeeves as your full time driver as you obviously have no respect for the law.

@Nakor.   WOW   what an awful time you and your folks have been going through,i had no idea things were that bad.Best wishes to your Dad in his continuing recovery,he is lucky to have a son such as you.Much love.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53672 on: May 28, 2019, 09:32:35 AM »

If there’s any left 1% please ?

Yup, no prob Tony, thanks.

You not going this year?

Thanks
Yes we go Friday 7 th to the 23 rd
First 6 nights at the Wynn in a tower suite as a treat as it’s
Denise’s birthday Saturday - Diana Ross show n dinner
Bally’s Sunday brunch
Getting acclimatised to Vegas hours so pool time n may play a bit of cash if not too tired
Rio Omaha Monday
Day 1a 1.5 mill gtd encore Tuesday
Omaha was rio maybe
Seniors Thursday maybe - I may make a day two somewhere
Friday move to golden nugget
Saturday pool Sunday Bally’s unless I’m in a day two
Monday super seniors rio - my first year of eligibility
Tuesday nugget super seniors
Weds Omaha / ROE  at Rio maybe
Then chill n pool I guess ?

We got good deals on our flights in PE for £800 then September upper £1300 using miles accrued on the virgin c card
Hope to see you there mate Gl gl
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53673 on: May 28, 2019, 10:02:40 AM »

Have you noticed the similarity between poker bad beats & getting caught speeding in your car?

But every time we get done for speeding we genuinely think it's a bad beat, & I'm no exception to that.

Thing is, you just have to suck it up & get on with it, like a grown-up. No moaning, no reaching out for sympathy. 

PS - it was a little bit of a bad beat though, right? Please feel free to express your sympathy, then I'll feel so much better. 

60mph on the M25 at 4am is certainly a bad beat.....variable speed limit or not!

Meh, it is the M25, cameras are everywhere.  I am sure this is more in keeping with what Tony was hoping for.

I quite enjoyed this response to a FOI request:

Region Road Junction Range 
Kent M25 2-7 
Surrey M25 7-16* 
Hertfordshire M25 16-23* & 23-25 
Essex M25 25-30

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/location_of_speed_cameras_on_m25

In summary, cameras are everywhere Smiley

Economy delight FTW.  Please post a trip report, sure tonytats is going to be so jealous of us two from his seat in Upper.  I'd like to state I made a massive saving vs his cost but...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #53674 on: May 28, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »

I get really quite passed off about stuff like this.

As someone that has never been in an accident, or caused one before anyone steps in, so 30 plus years, I should be given some latitude on stuff like this.

I have been done about 6 times over those 30 years for speeding and all for similar offences, 70 in 60, 37 in a 30 etc, with no reference or leeway given to my great record(also have passed High performance driving courses).

Probably wrong thread, but it started me off and I feel your pain.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53675 on: May 28, 2019, 10:12:09 AM »

60 on the M25?

Were you driving on the hard shoulder? Granted, it was 4am...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:13:42 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
animalpoker

View Profile
« Reply #53676 on: May 28, 2019, 10:19:31 AM »

1% if any left please Tony?  .  Will be my only Vegas investment this year .

Hi Rob, long time no hear.

You still pokering for a living?

Why no Vegas this year, if not a rude question?

£69 sent
Looking forward to riding that rollercoaster of updates in due course 😁

Vegas was a tough decision which I left until last weekend to finally make .
Heads just not quite there after losing my dad 6 months ago and I know from previous experience Vegas can be a lonely place if your mood drops on a trip .
Super busy too sorting out his estate too as he wasn’t the most organised person when it came to keeping records . “Normal” life kind of on hold for now including gambling somewhat .

Good luck out there , just enjoy the moment and the rest will come .

Rob

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #53677 on: May 28, 2019, 12:12:03 PM »

Sounds like we are all similar ages 60.5 me
But got to help our parents mums 89 and very unsteady on her feet - a recent fall laid her low she was on co codamol for ages I thought she was becoming a prescription junkie
Dads 85 still quite fit and looks after a big garden
Has the bad habit of going up ladders lopping trees in his garden - he’s only fell once !
Both are deaf and prone to not putting their hearing aids in .why I ask ? I’m not deaf they both retort ! It’s so comedy some days but not others .
They are a worry
Mums just given up a bit n got a wheelchair n a walker / frame for in the house .
No more holidays atm as her identical twin a former 60 a day smoker is now in a home in west wales ,her voice is a cross between darth  Vader n Lee Marvin in between gasping for air !
Both think they are iller - is that a word ? Or worserer than the other when comparing ailments but as twins they are very finely tuned to how each other feels !
Which affects my mums mood with my dad and me , sometimes we bear the brunt of ot ,I can leave ,but dad can’t ,so they argue
Difficult times
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #53678 on: May 28, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »

As someone that has never been in an accident, or caused one before anyone steps in, so 30 plus years, I should be given some latitude on stuff like this.

I have been done about 6 times over those 30 years for speeding and all for similar offences, 70 in 60, 37 in a 30 etc, with no reference or leeway given to my great record(also have passed High performance driving courses).

You can always refuse the fixed penalty, hire Mr Loophole, and have your day in court arguing that you previous driving record and obvious skillz should be taken into account.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #53679 on: May 28, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »

You can always refuse the fixed penalty, hire Mr Loophole, and have your day in court arguing that you previous driving record and obvious skillz should be taken into account.

He might even use his speciality "diahorrea defence".

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53680 on: May 28, 2019, 08:56:56 PM »

Seen on Twitter.

Todd Brunson, Doyle's lad, owns a couple of Coffee Bars & Delis in Vegas, & advertised his new "breakfast sandwich" this morning. 

Quite how one eats it is another matter. I often see these giant "sandwiches" in the USA, but never had one as I honestly have no idea how we are supposed to attack them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53681 on: May 28, 2019, 09:00:56 PM »

Seen on Twitter.

Todd Brunson, Doyle's lad, owns a couple of Coffee Bars & Delis in Vegas, & advertised his new "breakfast sandwich" this morning. 

Quite how one eats it is another matter. I often see these giant "sandwiches" in the USA, but never had one as I honestly have no idea how we are supposed to attack them.

I always use a knife and fork.

Which All American Dave package are you buying for the summer?

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #53682 on: May 28, 2019, 09:40:11 PM »

Couple of thou to save £100 quid?

And people think I'm stupid.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53683 on: May 28, 2019, 09:52:55 PM »

Those extra 7mph could be the difference between killing someone or just injuring them.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53684 on: May 29, 2019, 12:38:56 AM »

2019 Vegas Staking Adventure

Here's the probable schedule;

11th June; Orleans $150 PLO8

13th June; Venetian $1,100 PLO8 8 Max

15th June; Venetian $600 Big O

16th June; Venetian $1,100 PLO8

17th June; Binions $550 PLO8

23rd June; Venetian $1,100 PLO8  (alternatives are Orleans $400 PLO8 or Binions $550 PLO8)

24th June; Golden Nugget $360 Big O

25th June; WSOP $1,500 PLO8

26th June; Venetian $800 Omaha Mix

27th June; WSOP $1,500 MIX

Total = $8,760 = £6,920

Purchases set at today’s rate of £0.79 to $1. Returns will be at rate prevailing when repayments made. No Mark-Up, obv.

You can buy a fixed %, or a lump sum (£50, £100 or whatever). Day 2’s or unavailability for any reason will reduce the total. If total entries reduce, the % purchased will increase pro-rata.

All stakes will be converted to a % of the total actually spent in Reg Fees.

1% costs £69, 2% = £138, 2.5% = £172.50, 5% = £345.

£50 buys 0.73%, £100 buys 1.46%, £150 buys 2.19%, £250 buys 3.65%, £500 buys 7.3%. (All approx).

Sold so far;

Regards (Power); £237 = 3.4%

The following have requested a %, so it’s reserved if they still want it;

Knottikay, 8th April

Karma Dope, 9th April

Supernova by PM

With blonde traffic so much reduced since last year, & the Diary being MIA this year, there’s no danger of this selling out, but all previous investors are guaranteed action if they wish it. New investors welcome of course.

Otherwise, it’s all as previous years. I think I’ve covered everything, but if I’ve forgotten something, nudge me please.

BOOKED; MPower £237 (3.4%)

PAID;

Regards (MPower) £237

Looks like I'm late to the show and you are 55% sold so I'm just here for free ride this year.

Should be fun...
Pages: 1 ... 3575 3576 3577 3578 [3579] 3580 3581 3582 3583 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: