blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Tal and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3587 3588 3589 3590 [3591] 3592 3593 3594 3595 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297255 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53850 on: June 11, 2019, 07:29:27 PM »

Morning.

I was thinking of something like this;

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53851 on: June 11, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »

You've tried the yuppie scarf and colourful socks outfit before and we always lose.

This year wear a mask like a Mexican wrestler and say nothing, just snarl.

The superhero thing tends to get more traction at the tables than Wallace and Gromit socks mate, remember that superman fella?  

Was his name Brad?

When I've done my obligatory update elsewhere, I'll give you a report about Brad's Las Vegas Top Golf.

Oh my word, what a ledge he is. An incred experience. Not my thing, but it was VERY good.

All those nights in the Arkansas Woods were worth it. Proper good, Top Golf Las Vegas. You should pay a visit & see how it's done properly. HUH HUH HUH.

Report, with a ton of photos, to follow in due course.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53852 on: June 11, 2019, 07:37:48 PM »

You don’t seem to get tired Tony ?
Most days about 4 pm I’m ready for a nap
Saturday night by ten thirty I’m falling asleep watching the Mrs on a slot machine

I do sometimes Tony, yes.

I "died" on the sofa last night, exhausted. Woke up 4 hours later, had no idea what day it was, morning or afternoon, no idea where I was, got straight into bed (fully dressed) & woke up 5 hours later, with a head that felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool.

The previous day was a gruelling one, the SPT Las Vegas thing, 12 hours without a break or food, & lots of problems. And yet I coped fine, both physically & mentally. But yesterday, oh boy, I paid for it.

Adrenaline is the key thing I think. Powerful stuff.

Now? I'm fine, all revved up like a sort of Mini Brad.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53853 on: June 11, 2019, 08:10:18 PM »

Please let me be the first to wish you Good Luck on your first staking tournament today

FFS Sit upright at all times, eat healthy, drink plenty of water but not too much that your rest rooming most the time, wear a yuppy scarf with bright coloured socks and keep those updates flowing please

glglglglglglgl

Thanks Trev, & others.

I'm all ready, & I'm having to wee at increasingly frequent intervals, which is my barometer of excitement.

It's been a real hectic 4 or 5 days to be honest. Someone wrote to me yesterday & said I am spreading myself too wide, doing way too much. He's always wrong, but always ends up being proved correct. And he got it right again I grudgingly accept.
He went on to say...

"You are an obduration". 

I don't even know what that means, but I'm pretty sure someone cannot be described as an obduration. I rely on Tal to put me right as to adverbs, adjectives, pronouns & all those things, but I'll bet good money that's poor grammar.  Doubt it was a compliment though.

Anyway, tonight's $150 PLO8 starts at 6pm, & is a 5 minute drive for me. I'll be there at around 4.45pm & be paid in by 5pm. Get me a latte, photocopy & post the receipt, then the fun starts, cant wait. I'll have a little afternoon nap before I go, too, so my batteries are fully charged.

My poor investors only get one guarantee - copious amounts of drivelly updates -  so I'll try & deliver that at a minimum. To be honest, it's a distraction to update during a Tourney, but if you sell action to friends, that's the deal, so I can't have it both ways.

I abhor all those poker player cliches - "LFG", "let's do this", "leggggoooo" - but however we word it, I'm proper revved up. LOVE sitting at a poker table with real people, characters, "snapping" the cards, feeling the chips. Love it to bits, & I can't wait.

I need to update the stakers thread with final detail, who has paid etc, so I'd best try & do that before tonight. Pretty sure everyone has paid, & I trust them all, so it'll be right. 

How is Mrs Trev?

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #53854 on: June 11, 2019, 08:17:00 PM »

Leggggoooo!!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #53855 on: June 11, 2019, 08:29:56 PM »

I like the sound of obduration - obdurate incarnate - it'll do for me.

PS Leggooo

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53856 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:09 PM »

Guilty as charged as to "obdurate".

Don't think I can be described as an obduration though. Shocking grammar imo.

And you can all piss off with the legggoo nonsense. It's me, not Pleno. He loves a bit of LFG.

Nothing but admiration for Pleno, incidentally, what game he has.

He continually uses, & has for years, a very weird expression.

"It was very fun"

It's the "very" that troubles me. I'm not sure why it's wrong - in fact it's probably fine - but it just does not scan well to me.

Tonight will be very fun? Nah, not having that.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53857 on: June 11, 2019, 08:55:15 PM »

Leggggoooo!!!

And that's another thing which bugs me - multiple exclamation marks. WTF? Do you think I might miss the first one but see the other two or something?

It's fine in Comics, or amongst Primary School children I suppose, but not from articulate & intelligent grown-ups.

I used to vet every letter my Staff sent back in the day (this was pre-internet) & if I ever saw a "!!" or "??" they'd have been out the door in a trice.

Overuse of them is a sin too. I received an internal Memo recently which was 7 sentences, & it had 23 exclamation marks. I had to lie down for an hour to recover from the trauma.

Poker sites love them too.

The £30 guaranteed £1 deepstack is about to start!

Register now!

How do either of those sentences ever warrant an exclamation mark?

For goodness sake.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53858 on: June 11, 2019, 08:58:42 PM »

Think I've been taking The Times for best part of 40 years, & don't think they've ever used an exclamation mark. Which is because they are grown ups, & can write properly.

Meanwhile, the Mail & the Sun use them every day. 

Very not fun.

The case rests.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53859 on: June 11, 2019, 09:03:44 PM »

Think I've been taking The Times for best part of 80 years, & don't think they've ever used an exclamation mark! Which is because they are grown ups, & can write properly!!

Meanwhile, the Mail & the Sun use them every day!!!

Very not fun!!!!!

The case rests!!!!!!!!

FYP

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #53860 on: June 11, 2019, 09:05:09 PM »

hate the use of multiple ones too, but couldn't resist.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53861 on: June 11, 2019, 09:08:23 PM »

Think I've been taking The Times for best part of 80 years, & don't think they've ever used an exclamation mark! Which is because they are grown ups, & can write properly!!

Meanwhile, the Mail & the Sun use them every day!!!

Very not fun!!!!!

The case rests!!!!!!!!

FYP

That's exactly what gets me, & I see examples every day. Drives me nuts.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53862 on: June 11, 2019, 09:31:55 PM »

Herbert Fowler, the Godfather of Grammar, Patriarch of Punctuation and MD of our Mother Tongue, wrote this in 1908:

We shall quote a very instructive saying of Landor's: 'I read warily; and whenever I find the writings of a lady, the first thing I do is to cast my eye along her pages, to see whether I am likely to be annoyed by the traps and spring-guns of interjections; and if I happen to espy them I do not leap the paling'.

To this we add that when the exclamation mark is used after mere statements it deserves the name, by which it is sometimes called, mark of admiration; we feel that the writer is indeed lost in admiration of his own wit or impressiveness. But this use is mainly confined to lower-class authors; when a grave historian stoops to it, he gives us quite a different sort of shock from what he designed.

You, doobs and I are like birds of a feather on this one. Minus the sexism, of course. Frankly, I've read more than enough from men to know gender is neither excuse nor qualifier on this issue.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:37:47 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #53863 on: June 11, 2019, 09:53:39 PM »

Let’s gogogo!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53864 on: June 12, 2019, 02:04:57 AM »

We are ready to commence.

Pages: 1 ... 3587 3588 3589 3590 [3591] 3592 3593 3594 3595 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: