blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3584 3585 3586 3587 [3588] 3589 3590 3591 3592 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334089 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53805 on: June 08, 2019, 08:40:37 PM »

^^^^

Well I could try, but somehow I doubt I'd get it through.

Of that batch, I can only claim (or admit) responsibility for the Toilet Door. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53806 on: June 08, 2019, 08:41:12 PM »

Head another half a mile along the Strip, & on the corner of Las Vegas Bvd ("The Strip") & Tropicana sits New York New York Hotel, where they have a replica Statue of Liberty.

Of, & that backdrop of the New York city skyline behind it? That's a trick of the eye, it's actually one building - the New York New York Hotel, built to mimic New York.  In Vegas, everything is possible. 

Click to see full-size image.

Tell me that you took this pic

Million.

Piss right off Marky, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #53807 on: June 08, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »

When chilling with Gill do you keep mentioning next door? Been next door all day. So much fun next door. Exhausted after lengthy spell next door. I do hope not.

More importantly do they know ur an ass-ripping maniac next door?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53808 on: June 08, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »

When chilling with Gill do you keep mentioning next door? Been next door all day. So much fun next door. Exhausted after lengthy spell next door. I do hope not.

On Monday we are all off to Top Golf. Proper Top Golf, wonderfully run by Brad. I'll get some photos for you. Watch & learn, sunshine, watch & learn.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53809 on: June 08, 2019, 10:07:42 PM »

Blimey, look who I just bumped into.

What a lovely surprise. She's working for Poker News, & staying at The Orleans, so we are going to have dinner & a catch up.

Saw Tal for a couple of hours on Friday, now Jen. Life is good.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #53810 on: June 08, 2019, 10:12:20 PM »

I'll help you balance your ranges with some proper runbad in that department, soon enough.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #53811 on: June 08, 2019, 10:29:32 PM »

On Monday we are all off to Top Golf. Proper Top Golf, wonderfully run by Brad. I'll get some photos for you. Watch & learn, sunshine, watch & learn.

One time we all went to a leadership retreat in the woods of Arkansas. No phones, telly, just survival and team building tasks. I found myself in Brad’s team where the next day we were going to race down to the lakeside and build a raft from the rudimentary materials laid out on the bank and then paddle across to the other side. Quickest team wins.

Bit of fun I thought. But not Brad.

That night I was woken up in the early hours by loud repetitive sounds HUH HUH HUH. I’m thinking wtf is this going on in the lonely Arkansas woods. As I emerged bleary-eyed from the tent I saw the silhouette of Brad in his cowboy hat by the camp fire. He had gathered together his American buddies and they were all straddling a big log, he had fashioned makeshift paddles from branches and they were all practising their raft stroke in preparation. Brad at the front in long johns, boots and ten gallon hat, calling the stroke HUH HUH HUH. I’m thinking fml tomorrow.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #53812 on: June 08, 2019, 10:44:38 PM »

One time we all went to a leadership retreat in the woods of Arkansas. No phones, telly, just survival and team building tasks. I found myself in Brad’s team where the next day we were going to race down to the lakeside and build a raft from the rudimentary materials laid out on the bank and then paddle across to the other side. Quickest team wins.

Bit of fun I thought. But not Brad.

That night I was woken up in the early hours by loud repetitive sounds HUH HUH HUH. I’m thinking wtf is this going on in the lonely Arkansas woods. As I emerged bleary-eyed from the tent I saw the silhouette of Brad in his cowboy hat by the camp fire. He had gathered together his American buddies and they were all straddling a big log, he had fashioned makeshift paddles from branches and they were all practising their raft stroke in preparation. Brad at the front in long johns, boots and ten gallon hat, calling the stroke HUH HUH HUH. I’m thinking fml tomorrow.

looooooooool

start a diary please mantis Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #53813 on: June 09, 2019, 12:16:37 AM »

I'll help you balance your ranges with some proper runbad in that department, soon enough.

There you go, tikay: Djinn and tonic.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #53814 on: June 09, 2019, 12:22:25 AM »

sent this afternoon

get the lot please
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53815 on: June 09, 2019, 12:38:30 AM »

Say hi to Jen for me please Teeks.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53816 on: June 09, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »

SPT Las Vegas takes place later today.

I am doing a Live Update for them, but here's no point me copying it onto blonde, as it's a family affair really with players that are not known on blonde, but below is the intro which might interest 1 or 2 of you. As it happens, Sky Poker players in Vegas cannot access the Sky Poker site for Compliance & Regulatory reasons, so I know a few are reading it via blonde.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53817 on: June 09, 2019, 10:17:35 AM »

A very good morning to you all.

Today sees the Sky Poker Tour take place in Las Vegas for the 2nd time after it went so well last year.

Before we get started, perhaps a word or two about the Venue might help give context, as it's quite the place.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53818 on: June 09, 2019, 10:18:22 AM »

It all began with the Sands Hotel, which became infiltrated by The Mob, using people like Frank Sinatra as "fronts", & the books were cooked by a man named Meyer Lansky, perhaps the most successful crook of all time & certainly responsible for skimming the profits & sending the proceeds to the Mob.

It was, at the time, the heartbeat of the Vegas strip. Note the billboard saying "Viva Las Vegas", a term later adopted by Sky Poker of course.  

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53819 on: June 09, 2019, 10:19:50 AM »

After Sinatra, Lansky & The Mob were chased out of town by the Feds, the hotel was purchased by a chap who happened to be staying at Sands & liked the place so much he decided to buy it at a cost of $15 million. He could afford it, as his name was Howard Hughes, & he ended up buying large swathes of Vegas real estate, much of which is still owned by his estate.

Howard had made his money in oil, was fabulously wealthy, & dashingly handsome to boot, so life was pretty good. 

Pages: 1 ... 3584 3585 3586 3587 [3588] 3589 3590 3591 3592 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: