blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3654 3655 3656 3657 [3658] 3659 3660 3661 3662 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296359 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54855 on: November 08, 2019, 11:17:30 PM »

wow, didn't realise it was back so soon

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54856 on: November 11, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »

It looks very much like a rush-job though - I had a quick peep in WHS last week and there was no TTF literature on offer.

I've not heard anything back from them by e-mail either after registering as an interested party.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54857 on: November 13, 2019, 01:19:07 PM »

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1203750/Rod-Stewart-railway-model-2019-pictures-news-latest

Now, who do I know who likes both Rod Stewart and trains..?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54858 on: November 13, 2019, 01:27:42 PM »

It looks very much like a rush-job though - I had a quick peep in WHS last week and there was no TTF literature on offer.

I've not heard anything back from them by e-mail either after registering as an interested party.

I've not heard anything either.  If it starts at the Hennessey, there isn't a lot of time to put together multiple lines, and I am a bit loathe to do a lot of research that may be wasted.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54859 on: November 15, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »

That's some flight!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54860 on: November 20, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »

https://tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow/play/

This has opened today. 

Just 10 days to get your entries in, which is a stretch.  I thought the guarantee was ambitious but combining it with a 10 day entry period must be a really big gamble for them?

Good luck to them

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54861 on: November 20, 2019, 11:17:04 PM »

This has opened today. 

Just 10 days to get your entries in, which is a stretch.  I thought the guarantee was ambitious but combining it with a 10 day entry period must be a really big gamble for them?

Good luck to them

I am just looking at the site, and it looks pretty good.  You can filter by type of horse, distance, age, popularity and put them in order of racing post rating.  Sure beats doing hours of research...

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54862 on: November 29, 2019, 09:03:12 AM »

This has opened today. 

Good luck to them

I am just looking at the site, and it looks pretty good.  You can filter by type of horse, distance, age, popularity and put them in order of racing post rating.  Sure beats doing hours of research...

Talking to myself a bit, but it closes lunchtime tomorrow.  I was thinking it was midnight, as I haven't been paying attention.     

I will probably do 50 entries.  Hoping the site can cope, as late site crashes/banking problems were always an issue in the old days.

I think you need to start a new account as my totesport login doesn't work.  Presumably the new buyers just bought the pool bets side and not the sport betting side?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54863 on: November 30, 2019, 12:10:40 PM »

Did anyone else do the ten to follow?   The entry process was bad on the PC and worse on the phone.   

I got 20 done last night, and tried to do it on the phone this morning.   If you shortlist horses it assumed you wanted a full perm.  The only way to delete a horse was to find it again on the main list, rather than just delete it from your entry list.   So you had to just enter each horse individually or take them out one at a time by re-entering  their names.   

The phone was worse, as you had to keep clicking on hhe list to see what you had entered and you couldn't see what was there while entering new horses.   So unless your memory is way beter than mine, it was a struggle to remember if you had a champion hurdler, or two, or an Arkle horse, etc.   I ended up effectively putting more bankers in than intended, as switching horses was too time consuming.  This morning was laggy as well, so I dare say some lines were repeats and others may not have been entered.

I will be pretty surprised if they cover the guarantee.  I really wanted this to be a success, but fear the worst. 

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54864 on: November 30, 2019, 02:49:42 PM »

Did anyone else do the ten to follow?   The entry process was bad on the PC and worse on the phone.   

I got 20 done last night, and tried to do it on the phone this morning.   If you shortlist horses it assumed you wanted a full perm.  The only way to delete a horse was to find it again on the main list, rather than just delete it from your entry list.   So you had to just enter each horse individually or take them out one at a time by re-entering  their names.   

The phone was worse, as you had to keep clicking on hhe list to see what you had entered and you couldn't see what was there while entering new horses.   So unless your memory is way beter than mine, it was a struggle to remember if you had a champion hurdler, or two, or an Arkle horse, etc.   I ended up effectively putting more bankers in than intended, as switching horses was too time consuming.  This morning was laggy as well, so I dare say some lines were repeats and others may not have been entered.

I will be pretty surprised if they cover the guarantee.  I really wanted this to be a success, but fear the worst. 

I decided not to bother in the end although I did get as far as registering and shortlisting around 25 horses.

It all felt a little last-minute and I wasn't able to do proper research in my own time.

I do think it's a good move to bring the lines back to a fiver though.

Good luck with your lines David.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54865 on: November 30, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »

I've not had time to watch/do much, so didn't bother with that.

Almost December and  I've hardly done anything for Cheltenham, either.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54866 on: November 30, 2019, 03:30:45 PM »

I decided not to bother in the end although I did get as far as registering and shortlisting around 25 horses.

It all felt a little last-minute and I wasn't able to do proper research in my own time.

I was a bit like this; I didn't do enough research.   I decided to duck the "Hennessey" completely and hope something popular like West Approach didn't win, so think that result was good.  I meant to put Buveur D'Air in a fair few lists, but it ended up in nearly all as I gave up on shipping it in and out.  Hence the Flying Fith wasn't good.  Other near bankers/bankers were  Envoin Allen (normally hate novice chasers), Chacun Pour Soi and I went a bit nuts on Honeysuckle (thinking it could win a load of grade ones in Ireland).   I ducked Cyrname (unlikely to run at cheltenham) and Al Boum Photo (not running much at all)

Always prefer the flat

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54867 on: November 30, 2019, 07:56:04 PM »

I was a bit like this; I didn't do enough research.   I decided to duck the "Hennessey" completely and hope something popular like West Approach didn't win, so think that result was good.  I meant to put Buveur D'Air in a fair few lists, but it ended up in nearly all as I gave up on shipping it in and out.  Hence the Flying Fith wasn't good.  Other near bankers/bankers were  Envoin Allen (normally hate novice chasers), Chacun Pour Soi and I went a bit nuts on Honeysuckle (thinking it could win a load of grade ones in Ireland).   I ducked Cyrname (unlikely to run at cheltenham) and Al Boum Photo (not running much at all)

Always prefer the flat

The 2M hurdle division looks weak this term so you might still be okay with BuveurD'(hope he's sound). I had Honeysuckle shortlisted too, so tomorrow's excellent Fairyhouse card could be a little make or break, a bit like the first leg of a Yankee.

I enjoy the flat but I really love the jumps.

GL

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54868 on: December 01, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »

Always prefer the flat

The 2M hurdle division looks weak this term so you might still be okay with BuveurD'(hope he's sound). I had Honeysuckle shortlisted too, so tomorrow's excellent Fairyhouse card could be a little make or break, a bit like the first leg of a Yankee.

I enjoy the flat but I really love the jumps.

GL

I meant I found the jumps comp much harder than the flat in the past.  We managed a second and eleventh in the flat comp back in the day; I think the nearest we got was 50odd on the jumps.   With the jumps, you really need the champion hurdle winner, gold cup winner etc, and the attrition rate is higher.   So you can start well and easily get 3 or 4 injuries in each of your best lists.  Fairyhouse worked out very well though; I had all 3 big winners in most lists.   

It looks like they made their guarantee with 56 thousand entries.   I am really pleased with that as that means the flat comp is a goer.  Looking at some of the names on the leaderboard somebody must have 300 lists or so.   I just need to work out how to get a lot of lists on more easily, becauee if they can do it, I should be able to.

Come back Tikay, we need your tech expertise on this.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54869 on: December 04, 2019, 05:55:39 PM »

No Advent Calendar this year Tony?

Pages: 1 ... 3654 3655 3656 3657 [3658] 3659 3660 3661 3662 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: