blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:25:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3657 3658 3659 3660 [3661] 3662 3663 3664 3665 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329769 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54900 on: December 14, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »

Star of the election night coverage for me was Huw Wheldon for sure.

That haircut is pretty cool for an old guy.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54901 on: December 14, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »

And now for something completely different.

What a time to be alive this was.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54902 on: December 14, 2019, 01:05:00 PM »

How about this for a 'photo? (Please don't tell me Mr Photoshop had his mucky hands on it).

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54903 on: December 14, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »

That comes out to about £9pw.
Almost as bad as Sky.

The older I get, the better I was.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #54904 on: December 14, 2019, 01:49:12 PM »

Star of the election night coverage for me was Huw Wheldon for sure.

That haircut is pretty cool for an old guy.

That's not Uncle Huw!

Fair play to him though, shows what the gym can do for an old roffler.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54905 on: December 14, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »

^^^^^

Bugger. Edwards, not Wheldon. Imposs to be cool with a name like Wheldon.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #54906 on: December 14, 2019, 07:41:58 PM »

That comes out to about £9pw.
Almost as bad as Sky.

When I started work at a Hire Purchase company in 1972 a colour tv cost £600. As did a new Mini 850.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54907 on: December 15, 2019, 09:31:36 AM »

The Wiki page of Boris Johnson contains a line you don't see too often on Wiki;

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54908 on: December 15, 2019, 12:07:25 PM »

I don't have or use Facebook, but I do spend more time than perhaps I should on Twitter.

It's real Marmite stuff. Some of it is extremely funny, some is incisive, some makes no sense, and way too much racism. 

The common theme though seems to be folks looking for an excuse to be outraged. There's almost nothing you can Post on there that someone won't be deeply offended by.

And that means that bodies like the BBC have to be so careful now.

Here's a piece on BBC Sport this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50797114

Halfway down, in big bold letters, it states.....

Note: This article contains a word some readers may find offensive

And the offensive word? I'm guessing it's in this part.....

"Today I read the top clubs want more games in the Champions League," said Klopp. "I am not involved in these plans. That's absolute bollocks."

Regrettably, perhaps due to age, or upbringing, or as I'm a prude, I'm not too fond of the over use of bad language. Having said that, "bollocks" seems relatively innocuous to me.   

God knows where this all ends.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54909 on: December 15, 2019, 12:35:35 PM »

I don't have or use Facebook, but I do spend more time than perhaps I should on Twitter.

It's real Marmite stuff. Some of it is extremely funny, some is incisive, some makes no sense, and way too much racism.  

The common theme though seems to be folks looking for an excuse to be outraged. There's almost nothing you can Post on there that someone won't be deeply offended by.

And that means that bodies like the BBC have to be so careful now.

Here's a piece on BBC Sport this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50797114

Halfway down, in big bold letters, it states.....

Note: This article contains a word some readers may find offensive

And the offensive word? I'm guessing it's in this part.....

"Today I read the top clubs want more games in the Champions League," said Klopp. "I am not involved in these plans. That's absolute bollocks."

Regrettably, perhaps due to age, or upbringing, or as I'm a prude, I'm not too fond of the over use of bad language. Having said that, "bollocks" seems relatively innocuous to me.  

God knows where this all ends.

It's the hypocrisy that bothers me.

I'm sure that you you are familiar enough with me by now to know that I'm far from being a prude, but I live with a family of girls, some of them very young and if we are watching TV together I have to sit holding the remote like a gunslinger.

Even before the watershed we get completely inappropriate things.

Love making scenes, OK, no intimate body parts are visible but there is a man and a woman (Or perhaps a man and a man) obviously thrusting, sweating and moaning.

Then there are the adverts.

Erectile dysfunction? Take one of these pills, roger your significant other and dance your way down the stairs in the morning

Vaginal dryness, odour, itching?

Sanitary pads anyone? Look here's a suggestion for where you might like to put one, and a demonstration of what you can do while wearing it.

OK. It is what it is, but how do they reconcile springing that stuff on you without warning but telling you that they are going to say bollocks in print?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:56:30 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #54910 on: December 16, 2019, 08:31:31 AM »

Since 2008, China has built 20,000 miles of railway tracks, much of it for high speed trains. A real alternative for flying. Two thirds of all global railway tracks are now located in China.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54911 on: December 16, 2019, 09:06:39 AM »

Since 2008, China has built 20,000 miles of railway tracks, much of it for high speed trains. A real alternative for flying. Two thirds of all global railway tracks are now located in China.

Extraordinary. The total route mileage of UK railway tracks is 10,000 miles.

Comparisons are awkward though, as "route miles" & "track miles" are different things.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #54912 on: December 16, 2019, 11:43:23 AM »

Good to see you back and yes GO and get a flu jab and if you haven't had one the pneumococcal vaccine at the same time which will last you a lifetime.

When you get to 70 get the shingles jab too, again you only need the one.

I was at the Surgery/Pharmacy yesterday, getting my Harry tablets, & they still had the signs plastered everywhere. Now is the wrong time to have one though, as I've got it already & it's a long way from gone yet.

How are you getting along at Party? I was reading a thread on 2 + 2 the other day, think it was about that big Poker Go cash game. Them boys on 2 + 2 don't like Rob one little bit. Then again, who do they respect? It's certainly not a place for platitudes.

Hope you are well Shaz, & you have a lovely Xmas.

Sigh...I'm pretty sure that anyone who has a bad case of flu never forgets it and if they are able to get a flu jab they jolly well do! Thirty six hours clutching a radiator and two hot water bottles dressed like the Michelin man did it for me so I hope it works for you and any other Blonde.

As for Party, I love what I do and and consider myself very lucky to have a great boss and the help and guidance of a brilliant global moderator that works on a multitude of streams should I need input. Long may it continue!

I hope you have a lovely Xmas too and a happy and prosperous New Year.

Much love, Shaz

xXx

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54913 on: December 16, 2019, 01:20:50 PM »

Comparisons are awkward though, as "route miles" & "track miles" are different things.

Eh?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54914 on: December 16, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »

Eh?

Imagine the line from, say, London to Birmingham.

Typically, it would be two tracks, one used for northbound , the other for southbound. (Traditionally, trains going to London are always "up" trains, from London are "down" trains, but that's another story).

The route mileage is the distance between Birmingham & London, say, 100 miles, but the track miles would be double that.  

Ancient Trev quoted 20,000 miles in China, but I have no idea if that was route miles or track miles.

Pages: 1 ... 3657 3658 3659 3660 [3661] 3662 3663 3664 3665 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: