blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:42:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3660 3661 3662 3663 [3664] 3665 3666 3667 3668 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329383 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54945 on: January 01, 2020, 12:43:47 PM »

2 bits of bad news this morning.

1) I weighed myself. Sheesh, disastrous.

2) I discovered that I weigh even more than Tom. But only for a week or so, I'll soon be south of him.  

Right, I'm off for a walk, ffs. And then lunch, which will mainly be Ryvita.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54946 on: January 01, 2020, 12:46:35 PM »

FYI- He only beat me by 1lb.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54947 on: January 01, 2020, 01:53:51 PM »

And we are off & running...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54948 on: January 01, 2020, 01:58:38 PM »

Where is the pineapple?

Happy New Year, Tony Wink

I was 16 stone dead today, which is about what I was when I got home Xmas Eve. Helped by parents infecting me with flu upon my return, no doubt.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54949 on: January 01, 2020, 02:04:17 PM »

And we are off & running...

You will be.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54950 on: January 01, 2020, 04:58:28 PM »

Where is the pineapple?

I was 16 stone dead today, which is about what I was when I got home Xmas Eve. Helped by parents infecting me with flu upon my return, no doubt.

What a trio of plumpies we are.

I should know this, but I've been a bit AWOL - have you just got back from Vegas? How was it, where did you stay? They had a good bit of snow, both up Mt Charlston, as they always do, but also down at Primm on I-15, where folks were stranded overnight. Very unusual to get snow at Primm.

'Flu? I hope yours moves on quicker than mine has. Mine started November 25th, & has only started to dissipate in the last day or two.  

HNY Mark, & of course to your Dad.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54951 on: January 01, 2020, 05:04:42 PM »

A few photos of the snow at Primm 4 days ago.

Primm is on the I-15 route from Vegas to Los Angeles, & is about 25 minutes south of Vegas. It's in the Mojave Desert, & temperatures are usually blisteringly hot there.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54952 on: January 01, 2020, 05:18:25 PM »

Happy New Year to you and Gill, Tikay.

May it bring you health and happiness.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54953 on: January 01, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »

Thanks Simon.

Hopefully it will, I've been a bit under the weather for some time now, & I'm a bit of a big baby with these things.

Gill is coming down on Friday for our "Christmas", & all being well, we'll go up Town & get a meal somewhere or take in a Show. She's going to cook us an Xmas Dinner too.

What are your views on the Management changes at 'Spurs?

A very happy & healthy 2020 to you, your family & friends too Simon.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54954 on: January 01, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »

Thanks Simon.

Hopefully it will, I've been a bit under the weather for some time now, & I'm a bit of a big baby with these things.

Gill is coming down on Friday for our "Christmas", & all being well, we'll go up Town & get a meal somewhere or take in a Show. She's going to cook us an Xmas Dinner too.

The change had to happen. Can't pretend to be happy about the replacement. Think it's Europa at best for us this season.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54955 on: January 01, 2020, 05:34:09 PM »

That must be a heavy pair of socks.

Happy New Year to you and Gill.

x

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54956 on: January 01, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »

Thanks Simon.

The change had to happen. Can't pretend to be happy about the replacement. Think it's Europa at best for us this season.

It did strike me as a very unlikely appointment. Still, we shall see. Quite looking forward to watching Mourinho and Levy bang heads.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54957 on: January 01, 2020, 05:38:45 PM »

That must be a heavy pair of socks.

Happy New Year to you and Gill.

x

Yes, let's blame the socks.

Happy and healthy New Year to you too Ralph.

Same question for you - happy with your new Manager?

Score prediction for tonight's 8pm game?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 05:43:05 PM by tikay » Logged

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #54958 on: January 01, 2020, 05:46:11 PM »

Happy New Year Tony!

Hope the weight loss will get you a fighting weight for Vegas 2020. (1% please)

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54959 on: January 01, 2020, 05:48:23 PM »

Where is the pineapple?

What a trio of plumpies we are.

I should know this, but I've been a bit AWOL - have you just got back from Vegas? How was it, where did you stay? They had a good bit of snow, both up Mt Charlston, as they always do, but also down at Primm on I-15, where folks were stranded overnight. Very unusual to get snow at Primm.

'Flu? I hope yours moves on quicker than mine has. Mine started November 25th, & has only started to dissipate in the last day or two.  

HNY Mark, & of course to your Dad.

I'm ~10lbs lighter than I was before I went. I lost a stone the first week, and then put half a stone back on in the last week. Going to try getting 20lbs off before summer, so we'll both be weighing in regularly before June Cheesy

Holiday Gift Shoppes had a promo through myVegas and I could basically pay for my flight with freeplay via 250,000 points, and I managed to get the 2 weeks comped via various means. However, Vegas won, and it ended up costing me a bomb, lol.

Stayed at Nomad for first four nights, then 5 at Cosmo and last 6 at Wynn. Was great, but weird needing to wear trousers if you go out at night, and cooler even during the day. Didn't see any snow while I was there. Though I didn't go outside for the last week.

Could have been worse, as mother had bronchitis while I was away, and I'm guessing flu is somewhat down the scale from that. Just a pain that it takes so long to shake off nowadays, probably due to weakend IS, at a guess. Old man has had it for almost a fortnight, but luckily Dec/Jan is quiet in the mortgage game and he hasn't had too many home visits to clients.

Old man passes best wishes on,  and said he'll see you in the super seniors this summer Wink

Pages: 1 ... 3660 3661 3662 3663 [3664] 3665 3666 3667 3668 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: