blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:08:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 3663 3664 [3665] 3666 3667 3668 3669 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6328170 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54960 on: January 01, 2020, 05:55:35 PM »

Happy New Year Tony!

Hope the weight loss will get you a fighting weight for Vegas 2020. (1% please)

Thanks Simon.

I plan to lose 2 & a half stone by the end of May, for sure. We have a little "Fat Club" Next Door, & I've gone public on that, so I'm committed now.

It must bring a wry smile to your lips to see me moaning about a bit of 'flu after what you have been through the last 10 (?) years. How are you now, coping OK?

1% of my Vegas action after last year's dismal efforts? You must be mad. Booked though, before you change your mind. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54961 on: January 01, 2020, 05:57:37 PM »

Where is the pineapple?

Happy New Year, Tony Wink

I was 16 stone dead today, which is about what I was when I got home Xmas Eve. Helped by parents infecting me with flu upon my return, no doubt.

What a trio of plumpies we are.

I should know this, but I've been a bit AWOL - have you just got back from Vegas? How was it, where did you stay? They had a good bit of snow, both up Mt Charlston, as they always do, but also down at Primm on I-15, where folks were stranded overnight. Very unusual to get snow at Primm.

'Flu? I hope yours moves on quicker than mine has. Mine started November 25th, & has only started to dissipate in the last day or two.  

HNY Mark, & of course to your Dad.

I'm ~10lbs lighter than I was before I went. I lost a stone the first week, and then put half a stone back on in the last week. Going to try getting 20lbs off before summer, so we'll both be weighing in regularly before June Cheesy

Holiday Gift Shoppes had a promo through myVegas and I could basically pay for my flight with freeplay via 250,000 points, and I managed to get the 2 weeks comped via various means. However, Vegas won, and it ended up costing me a bomb, lol.

Stayed at Nomad for first four nights, then 5 at Cosmo and last 6 at Wynn. Was great, but weird needing to wear trousers if you go out at night, and cooler even during the day. Didn't see any snow while I was there. Though I didn't go outside for the last week.

Could have been worse, as mother had bronchitis while I was away, and I'm guessing flu is somewhat down the scale from that. Just a pain that it takes so long to shake off nowadays, probably due to weakend IS, at a guess. Old man has had it for almost a fortnight, but luckily Dec/Jan is quiet in the mortgage game and he hasn't had too many home visits to clients.

Old man passes best wishes on,  and said he'll see you in the super seniors this summer Wink

Never heard of Nomad, but both Wynn & Cosmo are high end, so that's a decent freeroll. How do you get a Vegas trip from "freeplay" ffs?

Hope Mum is soon better.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54962 on: January 01, 2020, 06:05:02 PM »

Never heard of Nomad, but both Wynn & Cosmo are high end, so that's a decent freeroll. How do you get a Vegas trip from "freeplay" ffs?

Hope Mum is soon better.

Nomad is the top 4 floors of Park MGM, or the old Monte Carlo. Pretty nice, and has a boutique feel with it's own entrance/check-in and a bar/restaurant, too.

I got an offer match for Cosmo, via their Slots VP who posts on the vegas forum, and had 3 nights at Wynn comped after staying there during the summer, and got 3 extra free nights via the Wynn Slots app.

The HGS points equated to just under $900 freeplay, which almost covered the flight. I obviously got rid of it by the time I left, but it did initially cover it Grin

She's ok now. It's just us men who are struggling on, lol.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54963 on: January 02, 2020, 01:36:47 PM »

TV, with it's CGI and clever animation, has changed beyond belief.

When I was a youngster, there was a TV programme called "Invisible Man". He was invisible, but not his clothes, which sort of rendered being invisible a bit useless really.

I kid you not.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54964 on: January 03, 2020, 11:11:37 AM »

This rather odd photo popped up on Twitter this morning, though it's actually 8 years old.

Anyone care to guess what's happening to arouse all that interest?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54965 on: January 03, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »

This rather odd photo popped up on Twitter this morning, though it's actually 8 years old.

Is Vinny buying someone lunch?

The older I get, the better I was.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54966 on: January 03, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »

Twitchers?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54967 on: January 03, 2020, 11:27:49 AM »

Twitchers?

WINNER.

A white throated Robin had been spotted, a bird which Wiki tells us generally inhabits "from Turkey to Afghanistan in western Asia, and wintering in East Africa". This one turned up in Hartlepool, of all places.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54968 on: January 03, 2020, 03:49:36 PM »

Before I even scrolled down that was the reply I had in my head Cheesy

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #54969 on: January 03, 2020, 06:36:09 PM »

I recognised the location and assumed they had found another monkey...

As an aside, the Heugh Gun Battery is well worth a visit

http://www.heughbattery.co.uk/

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54970 on: January 03, 2020, 07:58:43 PM »

aftertiming

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54971 on: January 03, 2020, 10:59:09 PM »

aftertiming

I clicked on the picture to have a better look and accidentky clicked through to a picture of the bird.

Still didn't get it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54972 on: January 05, 2020, 10:38:34 AM »

The media has got hold of a figure that "half a billion" animals have perished in the Australian bush fires. Sounds like a figure plucked from thin air to me, & I suspect (hope) the figure is a great deal less.

Even so, it's pretty dreadful.

Think this might turn out to be the iconic photo, or meme as I think there are known these days. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54973 on: January 05, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »

This advertisement dates back to 1991, & was by Radio Shack, USA's version of Currys.

If we were doing well for ourselves, we maybe had 2 or 3 of these products.

Now, less than 20 years later, almost everything in this advert is replaced by a single product, which most of us have - a smartphone.

Mind-boggling.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54974 on: January 06, 2020, 09:20:47 AM »

The media has got hold of a figure that "half a billion" animals have perished in the Australian bush fires. Sounds like a figure plucked from thin air to me, & I suspect (hope) the figure is a great deal less.

Even so, it's pretty dreadful.

Think this might turn out to be the iconic photo, or meme as I think there are known these days. 

I'm just not brave enough to post my caption for this photograph.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 3663 3664 [3665] 3666 3667 3668 3669 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: