blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273467 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6414956 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: July 03, 2008, 08:59:07 AM »

Also as seen from my hotel Room, this beautiful Union Pacific neolithic monster is hauling a 73 wagon freight jobbie to Boulder City. Note the frail bridge supports. Network Rail Engineers would faint at the mere sight, & rightly so.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: July 03, 2008, 09:07:23 AM »

This is an air-conditioning unit. In the Rio Car-Park!

In carbon footprint terms, or energy conservation ("Turn off a light, & Save Energy, you know it makes sense"), this must be the equivelant of setting light to £50 notes. Every second. I mean, it's 109f out there, & they have an Air-Con Unit trying to cool it down.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: July 03, 2008, 09:11:26 AM »

It's hard to describe just how hot it is here.

This is a covered walkway from the Rio Car-Park to the Rio "Corridor". The two guys are standing under an atomised water spray device, all the hotels out here have them now. It's so hot, the water evaporates well before it reaches the ground, which is bone-dry.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: July 03, 2008, 09:20:18 AM »

Meanwhile, while all these huge sums of money are being won & lost out here, back to the real world, in Grantham.

Chili tells me she won a 683 runner $3 rebuy tonight, total cost $12, for $1,253. Top Lady!

This is a 3 year-old picture, taken by Mike Langley, who was the Poker 425 Chappie, who worked with wormster, Rhow & co. Mike actually touched up Maria. Chili won't deny, I speak the truth. The pic was taken, if I recall correctly, at a home game at Rob Yong's then house.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: July 03, 2008, 09:24:33 AM »

The buffet today in the PokerStars sponsored "Champions Lounge". Completely, totally, greenly inedible. Salad, ffs. In America.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:32 AM »

Roy "The Boy" Brindley, looking as happy as I can ever recall, in Vegas today. Son Sebastian is 19 months old now, & Roy has the lad's picture as his Mobile phone "screensaver", just as Thewy does with Reuben & Barny, & The Camel does with Jake. This fatherhood lark seems to have a magic ingredient. Roy & Mags become parents for the second time in less than 3 weeks, so Mags has stayed at home. I'm going for din-din with Roy when next in Dublin, but mainly to see Sebastion & ?.....

They do not know which make Sprog # 2 will be, but the names are decided. Elish (as in Lotus Elish, have I spelt that wrong?) if a girl, & if a boy? Bodie. Bodie Brindley. It has a ring to it.

I had a bet with Roy a while back that he had to get down to 15st (from 20+) by Christmas. He got to 15st 2lb, then put 2 stone back on again. Result.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6786 on: July 03, 2008, 09:36:16 AM »

Wow, that's tough. I cant "grade" them, so many are so hideous. Caesars, Excalibur (have you seen that - it's a "mock-Castle!), New York (so daft), Paris (ditto), & countless others. I'm afraid I just don't get this "theming" thing, it completely whooshes me.

I was impressed by the Luxor. That whole black pyramid thing stands out somewhat, without being ridiculously tacky, IMHO.

Then again, last time I was in Vegas was 8 years ago. It's probably not even there any more Smiley. I so need to go back.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: July 03, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

Roy was telling me his book is nearly complete, & should be in the shops well before Christmas. It's not all about poker, Roy has led a "colourful" life, & the book might raise an eyebrow or too. Betcha it will.

He's become embroiled in a bit of legal argy-bargy about it already, which has delayed it's publication.

blondes will be amongst the first to get copies - Roy is giving blonde half-a-dozen copies, & we will give them away as Prizes. Rich & Ken will, I'm sure, make good use of them. And spam the book. Of course.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6788 on: July 03, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

This is a covered walkway from the Rio Car-Park to the Rio "Corridor". The two guys are standing under an atomised water spray device, all the hotels out here have them now. It's so hot, the water evaporates well before it reaches the ground, which is bone-dry.

Is that Casey Kastle by any chance?
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: July 03, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »

Three Brits chilling by a Rio Bar tonight.

Can anyone.....

a) Name these three.

b) Name their Ladbroke online aliases.

c) Estimate how much that brick of $ bills in the plump players hand is worth?

I'm hoping that the prize is going to be a T-shirt for Bolt to help keep him quiet lol:

Jon Kalmar, Jeff Kimber & Tim Blake.
Skallie, Jaffacake & T8MML.
Obviously Skallie is busto so its a $1 bill lol

Shipppppppppppppppp the T-shirt to Bolt.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: July 03, 2008, 09:46:01 AM »

Wow, that's tough. I cant "grade" them, so many are so hideous. Caesars, Excalibur (have you seen that - it's a "mock-Castle!), New York (so daft), Paris (ditto), & countless others. I'm afraid I just don't get this "theming" thing, it completely whooshes me.

I was impressed by the Luxor. That whole black pyramid thing stands out somewhat, without being ridiculously tacky, IMHO.

Then again, last time I was in Vegas was 8 years ago. It's probably not even there any more Smiley. I so need to go back.

The Luxor is an arhitectural oddity. I must say, I quite like it, visually. But think about this. In modern hotels, especially in a place like Vegas, we all want a room with a view. An external view, that is. So Hotels are constructed tall, & thin, (think Caesars, Mandalay Bay, Wynn, Encore), so that every room has an external facing window. But in a building of pyramidical shape, how do you achieve that? It can't be possible for many of the rooms to have an external window, unless the rooms are only on the perimeter - & if so, in which case, what do they do with the rest of the "dead" space?

And, again, "Energy Conversation". I quite like that vertical light, shining into the sky, said to be visible from space. Think of the carbon footprint versus practicality of that!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: July 03, 2008, 09:49:09 AM »

Maybe this is where the Luxor gets it's electrical energy. This is nature's natural energy, at full power this particular day. The Mandalay Bay is to the left of picture. This is the "airport end" of Vegas.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: July 03, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »

Is that Casey Kastle by any chance?

I don't know Casey, snoops. Can anyone verify?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: July 03, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »

Three Brits chilling by a Rio Bar tonight.

Can anyone.....

a) Name these three.

b) Name their Ladbroke online aliases.

c) Estimate how much that brick of $ bills in the plump players hand is worth?

I'm hoping that the prize is going to be a T-shirt for Bolt to help keep him quiet lol:

Jon Kalmar, Jeff Kimber & Tim Blake.
Skallie, Jaffacake & T8MML.
Obviously Skallie is busto so its a $1 bill lol

Shipppppppppppppppp the T-shirt to Bolt.

Good spot, but incorrect.

It's not a $1 bill, it's 100 bilils. Each of $100. So, $10,000. Which he'd just won. Very nice too!

And I so wanted bolty to have that t-shirt. Damn.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: July 03, 2008, 10:02:55 AM »

As part of the Prize for one of the Sky Poker Qualifiers, we took him up in this hecilopter after dark tonight, to see Vegas lit up as only Vegas can be, & we had a Film-Crew with us. Sick Bags & incontinence pants were in high demand, I was absolutely bricking it. Never again Ever.

Mr Pilot was telling me there are 5 firms operating 'copters out of McCarron, they have 30  choppers between them, & each of them makes 7 round trips to Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon every day, then does "Vegas by Night" flights up & down the Strip every evening. What Carbon Footprint? What energy crisis? What high fuel prices?.

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: