blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:34:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6335801 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23370 on: October 26, 2011, 04:17:27 PM »

An hour or so ago, I Posted 2 "bit" links.

One, for the M25 Wiki Page, has attracted 27 clicks.

The other, for Lil Dave's Blog, has been clicked 203 times.

What is the matter with people?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #23371 on: October 26, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »

Kids.  No regard for motorways these days.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #23372 on: October 26, 2011, 04:55:23 PM »

An hour or so ago, I Posted 2 "bit" links.

One, for the M25 Wiki Page, has attracted 27 clicks.

The other, for Lil Dave's Blog, has been clicked 203 times.

What is the matter with people?

lil dave...yikes..gl gl... better man than i gunga din !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23373 on: October 26, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »

I'm gonna pretend that picture title is because you think that if I drove, only a ferrari would be fitting.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23374 on: October 26, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »

Oh and yeh, Lil dave is a fkin legend. pardon my language

@GreekStein on twitter.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23375 on: October 26, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »

Oh and yeh, Lil dave is a fkin legend. pardon my language

+1

Impossible to dislike. He is no Greeky or Middy, but a great guy none the less.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23376 on: October 26, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »

I'm gonna pretend that picture title is because you think that if I drove, only a ferrari would be fitting.

No no no, if you drove, you would HAVE to have one of these.......not everyone has a cool car named after them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23377 on: October 26, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »

do you remember playing me HU4rollz in Bristol about 4-5 years ago?

i thought you were god and told all my friends I had played against teekay.

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, so no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

How's the cash grinding on Sky Poker going?  

You were part of the winning HU team at one of the bashes. Excellent team-captain if I remember rightly.

On a different topic, have you caught the first two in the 'Origins of Us' series on BBC2 (and HD)?  Great documentaries (and I know Robert particularly likes the presenter), the second one is on iplayer now (not sure if you can get the 1st one on there now as well or not?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013gmh1/broadcasts/upcoming

Yup, I vividly recall it, too. The lad from Bristol - Matt somebody, owned a small poker skin, used to get very loud when drunk, which was always -  called Boshi a c**t", because he sucked out on him.  I asked him to cool it, so the whole of the Bristol & South West Poker Forum got heavy with me.

Someone has just alterted me to this thead. Wow, just wow! That must have been more than 4 years ago and was all sorted out at the time (so I thought!), though I've never known anyone to bear a grudge like Terry Kendall I guess?...

Edit: Better clairfy the hand in question, as the above posted is incorrect. Me + Kin were playing HU in a 'dead-rubber' game (my team had already lost) so agreed to play for 1 whole pint. In the end I won (there were no suck-outs either way), so I jokingly said "Get to the bar you c*nt!" in about the most jovial/jolly way possible, but yes, using the C word. Something I apologised profusely for (both at the time and on the forums after), as TK was very offended and upset (nobody else was). I could not believe the massive drama that was made out of it, either at the time, or in the fallout afterwards. Absolutely ridic.

Sure, it wasn't a great joke. I thought it was funny at the time, but hey ho. You live and learn. For this to brought up (and incorrectly at that) several years down the line is a very low blow. Rather strange infact.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:44:10 PM by Mango99 » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23378 on: October 26, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, but no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

5 nil to the ironside bB2

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23379 on: October 26, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »

Me? Heads up? For rollz? Think I've played (Live) Heads-Up twice in my life, so no, I don't recall that I'm afraid.

You were part of the winning HU team at one of the bashes. Excellent team-captain if I remember rightly.

On a different topic, have you caught the first two in the 'Origins of Us' series on BBC2 (and HD)?  Great documentaries (and I know Robert particularly likes the presenter), the second one is on iplayer now (not sure if you can get the 1st one on there now as well or not?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013gmh1/broadcasts/upcoming

Yup, I vividly recall it, too. The lad from Bristol - Matt somebody, owned a small poker skin, used to get very loud when drunk, which was always -  called Boshi a c**t", because he sucked out on him.  I asked him to cool it, so the whole of the Bristol & South West Poker Forum got heavy with me.

Someone has just alterted me to this thead. Wow, just wow! That must have been more than 4 years ago and was all sorted out at the time (so I thought!), though I've never known anyone to bear a grudge like Terry Kendall I guess?...

Edit: Better clairfy the hand in question, as the above posted is incorrect. Me + Kin were playing HU in a 'dead-rubber' game (my team had already lost) so agreed to play for 1 whole pint. In the end I won (there were no suck-outs either way), so I jokingly said "Get to the bar you c*nt!" in about the most jovial/jolly way possible, but yes, using the C word. Something I apologised profusely for (both at the time and on the forums after), as TK was very offended and upset (nobody else was). I could not believe the massive drama that was made out of it, either at the time, or in the fallout afterwards. Absolutely ridic.

Sure, it wasn't a great joke. I thought it was funny at the time, but hey ho. You live and learn. For this to brought up (and incorrectly at that) several years down the line is a very low blow. Rather strange infact.

Not strange at all, Matt, & deffo not a grudge, simply a memory, thouh your recollection of it is different to mine. To be fair, my memory is distinctly flakey these days...... There's a million more somewhere, but maybe I'd better not write my life story, or everyone will get upset, eh? Can't believe how fast my words spread these days, either, the power of the Internet, eh?

No offence was intended, & I'm sorry if it offended, but memories are just memories, no more, no less. I wish you & all my "friends" at South West Poker Community all the best, as always. Probably best not to use that word in open social company if I'm present, though, as I don't much like it.

PS - welcome back to blonde, & post more.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23380 on: October 26, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »

After I Tweeted that link to LilDave's Blog to my mere 1,500 "followers", Neil Channing re-tweeted it to his army of 4,000+ followers. Hopefully, therefore, up to 5,500 more pairs of eyes will have spotted Dave's Blog, & if 10% of them "stick" (a good conversion ratio) he'll be famous soon. Next up, Barry Carter will re-tweet it. That's how the world goes round these days.

Here is LilDave himself, an old photo this, taken last year.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23381 on: October 26, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »

in before greeky says it's ok to call kinboshi a *****.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23382 on: October 26, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »

actually tikay, this is lil dave as taken last year. get it right.

@GreekStein on twitter.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23383 on: October 26, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »

To be fair, Matt did it before it was fashionable so to do. Shepherd not a sheep, Matt.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23384 on: October 26, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »

A+ Vincent

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 1557 1558 [1559] 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: