blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1987 1988 1989 1990 [1991] 1992 1993 1994 1995 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6366527 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #29850 on: August 14, 2012, 02:28:26 PM »

And who could forget Vinegar tits.
 Click to see full-size image.

possibly behind Planet of the apes my fav. tv series of all time, so many classic episodes and it always reminds me of the late 80's sitting up to watch Cell block H at 1am and it being the last thing on TV before the cefax pages kicked in.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #29851 on: August 15, 2012, 07:57:17 AM »

Maybe Dynamo had passed by lately.

Hi Ray.

Who or what is Dynamo?
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=54196.0

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #29852 on: August 15, 2012, 07:58:47 AM »

Still waiting for rags to riches story Tikay
Honestly would love to read it.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29853 on: August 15, 2012, 08:03:17 AM »

OK Lee, but it is only exciting/interesting to me really, the story is pretty dull, though the method I used might cause a few raised eyebrows. Please don't use the "riches" adjective though, it was more "complete busto to un-busto". And back again subsequently, as it happens, but thats another story.

Anyway, yes, I'll get to it shortly, also to an interesting one Pleno asked me way back - why I chose not to persevere with full-time poker. (Apart from being a shite player, of course).

Thanks, & apologies for the delay, there are never enough hours in the day, & there are only 3 wheels on my wagon at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:04:56 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #29854 on: August 15, 2012, 08:07:03 AM »

OK Lee, but it is only exciting/interesting to me really, the story is pretty dull, though the method I used might cause a few raised eyebrows. Please don't use the "riches" adjective though, it was more "complete busto to un-busto". And back again subsequently, as it happens, but thats another story.

Anyway, yes, I'll get to it shortly, also to an interesting one Pleno asked me way back - why I chose not to persevere with full-time poker. (Apart from being a shite player, of course).

Thanks, & apologies for the delay, there are never enough hours in the day, & there are only 3 wheels on my wagon at the moment.

Watch out for them Cherokees whilst en route to the wheelwright

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29855 on: August 15, 2012, 11:43:56 AM »

Just read a blog by Karl Mahrenholz which mentions you tikay. I think it's in a complimentary manner... http://www.pokerencore.com/blogs/2012/08/turning-30-as-a-professional-poker-player/

By the way, the £7,700 Karl mentions winning at the Stoke Genting Poker Series isn't all going on his garden. I won a competition to have a 5% stake in Karl so I was well chuffed when he went so deep!

Thanks, & yes, I saw the Blog.

Karl writes incredibly well. I used to read his (and the other lads) HitSquad Blogs without fail, but until he Tweeted me a link to this, I had never seen his Poker Encore stuff.

He has a lovely dry sense of humour & a great flowing style of writing. I ended up reading all of his Poker Encore blogs last night, very enjoyable they were too.  

The occasion he refers to I well remember, mainly because I recall him getting a little upset with me, because I made what I thought was a throwaway line, & he deemed it patronising, which it deffo was not intended to be.

Not sure I had ever met him before that evening, but over the years, we have become - I think & hope - very good friends. Fair to say I like him immensely, especially the way he manages his life-poker balance.  Some people - & this included me at one time, though I think I'm there now - just can't get that balance right. He is incredibly sharp, & bright, too. If peeps try to speech-play him, he's the wrong guy to try it on with.

It is an odd thing, but in my life, the people I have ended up good friends with have mostly been ones I sort of sparked off against when I first met.

He sits at the Table very quietly - he tweets a lot whilst playing - but never misses a trick, & very few players can out-think him. It's because he's so tall, I reckon.

The Tourney was at The Western Club, & I originally thought it was a Sunday, but it could not have been, as Mick "The Clock" Cook was the other player involved, & Mick never missed Songs of Praise on telly every Sunday.

Not seen Mick Cook for years, the last time might have been at that place in St James Street, Walthamstow, Equal Chance.

I just Hendon-Mobbed him, & he does not appear to have had a Tourney Cash since 2008, so I hope he is OK. I somehow cannot imagine him doing anything except play poker. Oh, & watch Songs of Praise, of course.

Anyway, as is always the way of these things, Karl then busted, & Mick snap said to me "chop it up, Tone?", & we did.

Shortly after that, following some horrible scenes at Gala Notts, I decided I would never again involve myself in "business" discussions at poker Tables, I don't need the hassle. I just go outside & have a ciggie these days, whilst they all squabble with the same old "it only takes one hand" line.

I play for recreation, it is not my job, (it is rarely ANY of them's job, in truth) & so I just want an evenings fun, good company, a laugh, & if I get luckly enough to Final, it's all bonus. I have never finalled in my entire life without getting lucky a few times, so I just think it's best to take what's there, it pays for the next Tourney generally.

I must almost hold the record for the most chops or "business" in live poker, & I get a bit of dissing for that from the serious lads, but I don't care, it's my money, & I'll spend it as I wish. Works for me.

Karl is quite photogenic, actually.

He does moody.....

...wears a cheapo watch - that one must be worth all of £12.....

...and looks well sexy in bins....

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:48:21 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29856 on: August 15, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »

Do you remember the time Karl, I, you and IrishDenis made the final 4 at the Western?

Things did not go too smoothly on that final either....lot of water flown under mutual bridges since then!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29857 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »

In truith, I was looking for a photo of Mick Cook when I uploaded those Karl Photos, but I cvould not find one.

However, on the way, I stumbled across this (completely unconnected) article, which the old timers - that'll just be Ralph I guess - might enjoy. Incred stiff from another age.

Some blasts from the past here....(apologies for the longgggg link)

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Mick+Cook+poker&view=detail&id=C2E677D4FADAA4805AFFCF8F29CE40B21B8115D1&FORM=IDFRIR&adlt=strict

Look at this PLO Final, too....

1st Surindar Sunar £17,024
2nd Sonny Nijran £8,960
3rd Paul Maddern £5,824
4th Fari Badiemansour £3,584
5th Simon Trumper £2,240
6th Mick Cook £2,016
7th M Clark £1,792
8th Andrew Georgiou £1,568
9th Ben Grundy £1,344
10th Joe Beevers £448

Sorry, but I love reading that sort of stuff, I could write a story or two about every one of those names. Not sure who'd read them though.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29858 on: August 15, 2012, 11:55:46 AM »

Do you remember the time Karl, I, you and IrishDenis made the final 4 at the Western?

Things did not go too smoothly on that final either....lot of water flown under mutual bridges since then!

Not 'arf, jeez, never a truer statement.

I don't recall what happened in that Final though. Hope I behaved myself......

One day you & I should tell the tale of that afternoon when you were running around all over England collecting Share Transfer Forms. Maybe not yet awhile, though.....

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29859 on: August 15, 2012, 11:57:38 AM »

Thanks for the kind words and slightly less for the photocall....

Not seen Mick Cook for years, the last time might have been at that place in St James Street, Walthamstow, Equal Chance.

I just Hendon-Mobbed him, & he does not appear to have had a Tourney Cash since 2008, so I hope he is OK. I somehow cannot imagine him doing anything except play poker. Oh, & watch Songs of Praise, of course.

Funnily enough I made a final table with him recently. Definitely the same now as he was back then. At the Vic you now have to sign a disclaimer for them to be able to send your results to THM/Card Player. There was only one person who refused. It was the same person who also refused the obligatory final table photo. I guess he likes to keep himself to himself for whatever reasons. See if you can work out where he finished http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=70432

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29860 on: August 15, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »

Bollox, Karl is itt.

He ain't gonne like those photos, no Sirree.

Probz say I was being patronising......

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29861 on: August 15, 2012, 11:59:26 AM »

I don't remember this one?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29862 on: August 15, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »

Thanks for the kind words and slightly less for the photocall....

Funnily enough I made a final table with him recently. Definitely the same now as he was back then. At the Vic you now have to sign a disclaimer for them to be able to send your results to THM/Card Player. There was only one person who refused. It was the same person who also refused the obligatory final table photo. I guess he likes to keep himself to himself for whatever reasons. See if you can work out where he finished http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=70432

Lol, KNEW you would not lke those photos!

I'm pleased Mick is OK. I was sort of ambivalent towards him, & him me, but I certainly never disliked him, he was quite a character, with quite a background. Can't begin to imagine why he would prefer to be anon.

Loved that Final Table you linked to - Lalit AND Chandra on the same table. Nothing changes there, then.

I play them both a lot at Luton, in DC Cash, & enjoy their company. They are not universally liked, but I like them, so there it is.

There is a really spooky thing in that link you Posted. (See next Post).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:11:09 PM by tikay » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29863 on: August 15, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »

I don't remember this one?

Just a minor midweek Western Tuesday night £100(?) buy in

I'm guessing 2007 or 2008

We made the final four

A couple of us wanted to chop (stupidly, probably, but it was sort of the way back then) you said no...

Someone who shall remain nameless was knocked out fourth, so we chopped.

:-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29864 on: August 15, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »

I Posted this 10 minutes ago, it is a Final Table in 2004.....

1st Surindar Sunar £17,024
2nd Sonny Nijran £8,960
3rd Paul Maddern £5,824
4th Fari Badiemansour £3,584
5th Simon Trumper £2,240
6th Mick Cook £2,016
7th M Clark £1,792
8th Andrew Georgiou £1,568
9th Ben Grundy £1,344
10th Joe Beevers £448

Then, 5 mins later, Karl Posted a Link to an Omaha Final Table that went off 3 weeks ago....(with acknowledgement to The Hendon Mob .com)

Lalit Khajuria    £3,745    $5,849 
Zandi Dezman    £3,745    $5,849 
Unknown    £2,065    $3,225 
Robert Harkins    £1,225    $1,913 
Andrew Georgiou    £980    $1,531 
Marvin Babul    £735    $1,148 
Chandra Khajuria    £595    $929 
Balbir Pottiwal    £490    $765 
Karl Mahrenholz    £420    $656 

Incred that one guy featured on both - 8 years apart.

Pages: 1 ... 1987 1988 1989 1990 [1991] 1992 1993 1994 1995 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: