blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 08:16:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272895 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1997 1998 1999 2000 [2001] 2002 2003 2004 2005 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6385243 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30000 on: September 01, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »

30kay2kayTkay.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30001 on: September 01, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

To improve matters as we go forward over the next 2k pages one issue needs addressing. You set up an intriguing story and then say something like "but that's for another time". I would like to know when is that other time? "I was about to set sail aboard the yacht of a shipping magnate with two strippers, a vicar and three well known poker pros. A weekend of high stakes poker ensued but things didn't quite work out as planned to the embarrassment of all concerned. But that's for another time." This is story prostitution or at least story flirting and should be outlawed. I mean Tom gave us the wild-eyed vigilante cyclist story in full detail so prob has his nose in front. Other than that wp.

Mantis, you beast!

We could publish our own book of these. The public could vote on which stories are completed in Tikay's sequel.

"I'd never driven a combine harvester before, but I felt so confident next to Geoff Capes that I didn't feel in any danger of making a mistake. How wrong I was, but that's for another time."

"Daniel Craig has surprisingly cold hands, but that's for another time"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30002 on: September 01, 2012, 05:30:06 PM »

I must say that I have always wondered where it was that tikay woke up the morning after he took his last drink. I've always assumed that the circumstances and surroundings must have given him quite a shock to make him take the pledge for the rest of his life.

Perhaps it will be included in the book.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30003 on: September 01, 2012, 05:50:58 PM »

I must say that I have always wondered where it was that tikay woke up the morning after he took his last drink. I've always assumed that the circumstances and surroundings must have given him quite a shock to make him take the pledge for the rest of his life.

"Well, it started at the Hooch afterparty after the 1997 Brits. I'd been given the task of looking after Chris Evans and Danny Baker, as Danny and I shared a flat in Woking once, just next to a charming bistro called 'Betty's Baps'. So there was me, Danny, Chris, the keyboard player from Babylon Zoo, Brian Cox (before he was a professor), N-Tyce and the Spice Girls. Malibu and Drambui on tap. I had no idea Sporty was such a lightweight. But that's for another time."

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30004 on: September 01, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »

"Well, it started at the Hooch afterparty after the 1997 Brits. I'd been given the task of looking after Chris Evans and Danny Baker, as Danny and I shared a flat in Woking once, just next to a charming bistro called 'Betty's Baps'. So there was me, Danny, Chris, the keyboard player from Babylon Zoo, Brian Cox (before he was a professor), N-Tyce and the Spice Girls. Malibu and Drambui on tap. I had no idea Sporty was such a lightweight. But that's for another time."

Surely gazza was there?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #30005 on: September 01, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

Surely gazza was there?

I seem to remember that he mentioned it was the night of his 21st birthday so I suspect it more likely that he was out with Percy Shelley, Lord Byron and possibly a Ms. Clairmont but we're now in the realms of fantasy until his nibs spills the beans.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #30006 on: September 01, 2012, 11:16:38 PM »

Surely gazza was there?

With some chicken?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #30007 on: September 01, 2012, 11:18:32 PM »

He's not going to be happy when he reads this..!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #30008 on: September 02, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »

DMorgan how much longer do you think it will be before stars shifts it's balance of focus form rake to net deposits?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #30009 on: September 03, 2012, 06:12:01 PM »

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. There is no other reason us recreationals play other than to have a bit of fun, but way too many take themselves & the game way too seriously, level themselves, & completely miss the point.

Thanks tk this bit above sums up my attitude to poker now ,it's not my living it's a hobby I'm not brilliant but still really enjoy it
Came back to Vegas till end of this week ,as I enjoyed so much in June ,there's a mini fest at Caesars this week with 100$ buyins at noon and 4pm right up my street
Heads up today
6 max tomorrow
Omaha Friday
I did win the 60$ turbo (15 min blinds) at binions the first night here ,only 20 players but a wins a win
Hop in to get to cash mans field wednesday to see the base ball
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #30010 on: September 04, 2012, 12:42:21 PM »

How long you there for tony tats

Will be there in 7 days.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #30011 on: September 04, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »

Hi TIkay

Can you post up some stories on th following.

> scariest time at a poker table. (Financially)
> funniest time whilst holding a microphone.
> best gig ever and why. (not music but work.)
> best betting moment and why.

Ta

Wow!

Where do you find these questions?

I'll give those some thought.

Must have stories to tell now.

Oh and belated congrats on the 2kTK.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30012 on: September 06, 2012, 10:19:04 AM »

Good morning.

Thank you for all the "2,000" comments. Slowly but surely it rumbled & rambled on, & might be a reflection on what a saddo I am, but I enjoy writing it, & nobody has to read it, so it harms no one. The best thing about it is that it is peaceful, we don't have too much aggro. Life's too short. I mean, it really is.

Here's the thing though. It took 5 years to reach 2,000 Posts. 7 months ago, Camel started the "Tips" thread - & in the next 24 hours or so, that will reach the 1,000 page milestone. Which is incredible - the 3rd most populated thread on blonde ever, in just 7 months. 

Which, in itself, puts 2,000 pages here in better context. People clearly prefer degen betting stuff to my awesomely interesting stories of ducks, aeroplanes, cranes, tractors, boats, & wildlife. Who'd have thunk?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:03:26 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #30013 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »

I was reading through the Tips for Tikay fred (as you kidz call it) the other day and it seemed to me that it was picking up a lot of posts that would previously have been here.

the tales of betting coups and characters are so good to read and the standard of reportage of such things is so high that it almost seems a shame that they are there and likely to be read only 'in their moment' rather than being somewhere they have more chance of being seen again. There used to be a 'Best of Red' thread/fred, maybe there should be a 'Best of Tips for Tikay'?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30014 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:53 AM »

I was reading through the Tips for Tikay fred (as you kidz call it) the other day and it seemed to me that it was picking up a lot of posts that would previously have been here.

the tales of betting coups and characters are so good to read and the standard of reportage of such things is so high that it almost seems a shame that they are there and likely to be read only 'in their moment' rather than being somewhere they have more chance of being seen again. There used to be a 'Best of Red' thread/fred, maybe there should be a 'Best of Tips for Tikay'?

That could be the book he has up his sleeve maybe? Cut and paste yourself a book, could be a winner.
Pages: 1 ... 1997 1998 1999 2000 [2001] 2002 2003 2004 2005 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: