blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:40:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2116 2117 2118 2119 [2120] 2121 2122 2123 2124 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6332934 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31785 on: April 03, 2013, 02:24:26 PM »

I think Di Canio is by far the better man and hope he succeeds at Sunderland. Everybody does and says dumb things from time to time,

I wasn't quite sure what "facist" meant in the Di Canio context, so I went to Wikipedia of course and was rather relieved that it is indeed a somewhat ill defined term.  However, if DiCanio's affiliation is the Italian, Mussolini version, it means this:

The Fascist conception of the State is all-embracing; outside of it no human or spiritual values can exist, much less have value.

It should be obvious that anyone on the "outside" is therefore going to have an unpleasant time from the state.  I think it is reasonable that someone (Milliband) who presumably believes in tolerance and inclusivity would find it difficult to be tolerant and inclusive of such views in a workplace environment.

Joking aside, I don't blame him for resigning, not at all. Politicians have to be able to dance, & he dances good.

My point was not that though, it was the awesome power of media portrayal, & how it can present people in good/bad lights when it so wishes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31786 on: April 03, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »

Brilliant bit of spam there Barry. Next week you do the Sky Poker Show, yes? Not sure if I am on your Edition, but it would be lovely if I were. For me, I mean.

Fascinated by the rest of your reply, but I gotta dash now. I'm on this well-strict diet, but it is really giving me energy/fatigue issues, & I need to get my head down for an hour. Will reply to the rest soonest.

PS - Do a good job, the money will follow.

Boom!

PPS - Dominik is different gravy, scarily so. We get to meet with all sorts, but sometimes you immediately realise you are in the presence of someone special. He's right up there with....ooh, better be careful now. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #31787 on: April 03, 2013, 02:45:08 PM »

I think Di Canio is by far the better man and hope he succeeds at Sunderland. Everybody does and says dumb things from time to time,

I wasn't quite sure what "facist" meant in the Di Canio context, so I went to Wikipedia of course and was rather relieved that it is indeed a somewhat ill defined term.  However, if DiCanio's affiliation is the Italian, Mussolini version, it means this:

The Fascist conception of the State is all-embracing; outside of it no human or spiritual values can exist, much less have value.

It should be obvious that anyone on the "outside" is therefore going to have an unpleasant time from the state.  I think it is reasonable that someone (Milliband) who presumably believes in tolerance and inclusivity would find it difficult to be tolerant and inclusive of such views in a workplace environment.

I wonder if Di Canio would be able to define the fascist conception of the state if you asked him.

I wonder if Miliband took the time to find out about the true character and substance of the man before reacting.

I wonder why Miliband imagines a football coach would bring political views into the workplace environment.

And I wonder how committed he is to being tolerant and inclusive considering his actions.

I think he dances like my Dad at a wedding

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #31788 on: April 03, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »

I wonder why Miliband imagines a football coach would bring political views into the workplace environment.

Maybe because he has done so in the past by giving fascist salutes whilst on the field of play.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #31789 on: April 03, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »

Maybe because he has done so in the past by giving fascist salutes whilst on the field of play.

Well this is connected to Tikay's point about the power of the media. That media image of the salute is clear but do you know what was going through his mind? Was it a tribal gesture, does he regret it, does he really give a fck about politics? I wouldn't know any of that until I took the time to understand the character of the man. In the same way I don't think Prince Harry is a Nazi supporter because I saw a photo of him dressed in a Nazi uniform. If Miliband abandoned his post because of a photo then it certainly demonstrates the power of the media imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #31790 on: April 03, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »

I don't even begin to see why people cannot see that Milliband had to resign here. He may not be in Government, but is still one of the most well known Labour politicians.  As a director of Sunderland he would have been viewed as one of the people who employed Di Canio.  Di Canio is currently a confirmed fascist.  Milliband clearly can't be seen to be the man who employed a known fascist.

This publicity wasn't caused by Milliband.  The same thing happened on a smaller scale when he joined Swindon.  It was pretty clear it was going to happen here.

If people are getting his views mixed up then if I were one of the directors at Sunderland, I'd be making damn sure we had a statement clarifying his views before they employed him.

I'd wager he wouldn't last long on Sky if  pictures emerged of him doing Nazi salutes.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31791 on: April 03, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »

My point was not that though, it was the awesome power of media portrayal, & how it can present people in good/bad lights when it so wishes.

At the risk of trivialising a very serious matter, let me just say... NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

The politicians think they run the country but they don't. The Media does.

The older I get, the better I was.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #31792 on: April 03, 2013, 03:28:05 PM »

At the risk of trivialising a very serious matter, let me just say... NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

The politicians think they run the country but they don't. The Media does.

Don't forget Plebgate. How more hasn't been done about that I don't know. Were the Officers offended or was it systematic corruption. A scary incident.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #31793 on: April 03, 2013, 03:33:48 PM »

....still a cracking player though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63czdUW_R-s

Life has no rebuy options
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #31794 on: April 03, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »

Well this is connected to Tikay's point about the power of the media. That media image of the salute is clear but do you know what was going through his mind? Was it a tribal gesture, does he regret it, does he really give a fck about politics? I wouldn't know any of that until I took the time to understand the character of the man. In the same way I don't think Prince Harry is a Nazi supporter because I saw a photo of him dressed in a Nazi uniform. If Miliband abandoned his post because of a photo then it certainly demonstrates the power of the media imo.

Perhaps because he has said in a press conference that he is a fascist?

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #31795 on: April 03, 2013, 03:48:46 PM »

I love it at PokerStrategy actually. For a few reasons, which I was gonna blog about one day but here will do.

First of all, they are the only company I have been involved with where the priority is the ecology/community of poker. Everyone else is 'how can we get more sign ups' but believe me, when you have meetings with these guys it really is all about 'whats good for the players, how can we encourage people to play poker more in general, what can we do for the customers'. I know the insta-reaction to an affiliate site by most people is to assume we are all money grabbing, but although obviously that's important, I have never once been in a meeting or shared an email where there has been any direct impetus to make money. Do a good job, the money will follow.

The other great thing about working there is most of the full time staff are incredibly talented and I have learned so much from them. Dominik Kofert, the founder, is probably the most intelligent person I've ever met. It pains me to say it but even working with Pleno1 is a joy. If he doesn't jack the career in to play full time, I think he is really going places in the industry. Sometimes he is a victim of his own enthusiasm, as I think is clear in his blog, but he does have some genius ideas and knows the market really well for a young un. We have this brilliant internal forum at PS.com where some really high end discussions go on, which I am pretty certain industry people would pay to see.

Probably the biggest challenge of the job (Other than all the usual challenges for an affiliate/training site) is the fact that everything I write is translated into 17 languages. In fact the English language version of my work tends to be the least viewed (Im a mega star in Russia and Germany). So you have to write your stuff with translations in mind, and also the process of getting it translated 17 times is actually more time consuming than writing the stuff itself.

as someone who was once of that particular parish, I just wanted to confirm all of this and particularly the bold bit.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #31796 on: April 03, 2013, 04:04:40 PM »

I don't even begin to see why people cannot see that Milliband had to resign here. He may not be in Government, but is still one of the most well known Labour politicians.  As a director of Sunderland he would have been viewed as one of the people who employed Di Canio.  Di Canio is currently a confirmed fascist.  Milliband clearly can't be seen to be the man who employed a known fascist.

This publicity wasn't caused by Milliband.  The same thing happened on a smaller scale when he joined Swindon.  It was pretty clear it was going to happen here.

If people are getting his views mixed up then if I were one of the directors at Sunderland, I'd be making damn sure we had a statement clarifying his views before they employed him.

I'd wager he wouldn't last long on Sky if  pictures emerged of him doing Nazi salutes.  

Well he isn't actually a Labour politician as he's walking away from that obligation as well. He's off to earn millions of pounds running a charity instead.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #31797 on: April 03, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »

Well he isn't actually a Labour politician as he's walking away from that obligation as well. He's off to earn millions of pounds running a charity instead.

Donno what your problem with Milliband is, I didn't take much to him as Foreign Secretary but thats about it.  He has no "obligation" to anyone but himself, his family  and perhaps his heritage where his unwillingness to tolerate the values that accompany facism are understandable.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31798 on: April 03, 2013, 04:17:46 PM »

by Sunderland AFC

Head coach speaks.

PAOLO DI CANIO, Wednesday 03 April, 2013

“I have clearly stated that I do not wish to speak about matters other than football, however, I have been deeply hurt by the attacks on the football club.

“This is a historic, proud and ethical club and to read and hear some of the vicious and personal accusations is painful. I am an honest man, my values and principles come from my family and my upbringing.

"I feel that I should not have to continually justify myself to people who do not understand this, however I will say one thing only - I am not the man that some people like to portray.

“I am not political, I do not affiliate myself to any organisation, I am not a racist and I do not support the ideology of fascism. I respect everyone.

“I am a football man and this and my family are my focus.  Now I will speak only of football.”

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31799 on: April 03, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »

Donno what your problem with Milliband is, I didn't take much to him as Foreign Secretary but thats about it.  He has no "obligation" to anyone but himself, his family  and perhaps his heritage where his unwillingness to tolerate the values that accompany facism are understandable.

no obligation to constituents that elected him?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 2116 2117 2118 2119 [2120] 2121 2122 2123 2124 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: