blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:30:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2272 2273 2274 2275 [2276] 2277 2278 2279 2280 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6333625 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34125 on: July 08, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »

Goodness me! What horrors the human mind is capable of.

Reminds me of Piggy's quote in Lord of the Flies:

"What are we? Humans or savages? What's grown-ups going to think?"

On your law thing, I've just googled to see what Nevada has managed to enact. This website was high up on the list.

http://realstrangelaws.com/dumb-laws/nevada/

Now, this is called Dumb Nevada Laws. A few of them don't sound dumb to me at all. In fact, one or two are what I'd expect to be part of any modern legal system.

Only in America would you refer to as dumb a law that forbids the sale of other human beings or their organs.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34126 on: July 08, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

Goodness me! What horrors the human mind is capable of.

Reminds me of Piggy's quote in Lord of the Flies:

"What are we? Humans or savages? What's grown-ups going to think?"

On your law thing, I've just googled to see what Nevada has managed to enact. This website was high up on the list.

http://realstrangelaws.com/dumb-laws/nevada/

Now, this is called Dumb Nevada Laws. A few of them don't sound dumb to me at all. In fact, one or two are what I'd expect to be part of any modern legal system.

Only in America would you refer to as dumb a law that forbids the sale of other human beings or their organs.

Just a bit. It defies imagination. But it happened, again & again.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34127 on: July 08, 2013, 11:04:19 PM »

A huge "wildfire" has been raging some 15 miles from Las Vegas since Thursday of last week.

The smoke, viewed from The Rio, causes what appear to be clouds, but it is just smoke, & it has been like this non-stop, with local folk up in Spring Mountains being evacuated.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:08:50 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34128 on: July 08, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »

Also of interest in those two excellent photos, Parking Lot & quite unusual dual-head lighting standards.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:07:23 PM by tikay » Logged

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34129 on: July 09, 2013, 12:36:37 AM »

Also of interest in those two excellent photos, Parking Lot & quite unusual dual-head lighting standards.

Interestingly they appear to all have square straight poles whereas over here we nearly always have round straight or round tapered poles.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34130 on: July 09, 2013, 04:04:38 AM »

As dusk falls in Vegas (7.45pm) the smoke from the wildfire creates a memorable sunset.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34131 on: July 09, 2013, 04:30:17 AM »

Much noise on PPRuNe about the crash of the Boeing 777 at San Francisco International Airport.

First introduced to srvice 18 years ago, there are over 1,000 777’s in service, & this was the first hull loss, & first instance of in-flight fatalities.

In short (read that literally if you will….) the Pilot, with 9,000 hours under his belt, but only 43 hours on this model, was on his maiden flight into this tricky airport.

His speed decayed way too much, he lost too much height too fast, & then failed to react quickly enough to recover. He so nearly got away with it, but the tailplane & main undercarriage caught the sea wall & that was that.

The graph shows the whole story. The dotted line reps the optimal glidescope. Left to right = 3 minutes. The big drop in the middle (90 seconds from touchdown) represents a drop of 600 feet in 9 seconds.  He should only have descended 150 feet in those 9 seconds. If he were carrying adequate speed, he'd have got away with it, but his speed was way too low.

One small mistake, never to be recovered.  

For severe geeks, the PPRuNe thread (53 pages & counting) is here…..

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/518568-asiana-flight-crash-san-francisco.html

53 pages, 1050 replies, & over 850,000 views in 2 days. Within the next 24 hours, the 2 day old thread will have had more views than this Diary has had in 7 years. Either people like aeroplanes, or dislike waffly diaries.

The real truth, of course, is that poker & poker forums, in the real world, are insignificant.  Kettles excepted, obv.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:20:12 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34132 on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:06 AM »

Two passengers ("PAX" in airline lingo) died, both were ejected from the rear of the plane after the tailplane ripped off taking the rear of the cabin with it.

Both were 16 year old female Chinese nationals.

It is being suggested that one of them was actually run over by a rescue vehicle, though one would hope she was already deceased at that stage.

Here's the before & after of an Asiania Airlines Boeing 777.

One small mistake is all it takes......

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #34133 on: July 09, 2013, 07:33:27 AM »

As dusk falls in Vegas (7.45pm) the smoke from the wildfire creates a memorable sunset.

wow thats beautiful. nice snaps Smiley

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34134 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48:05 AM »

Tikay, why have I just passed a London Underground train just outside Birmingham Moor Street?

Yours sincerely,

Confused of Brummagem

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #34135 on: July 09, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »

VBOL on your day 2 quest today Tikay. I am sure you will set Vegas 'alight' later! Whatever happens, enjoy the buzz and live that dream!!

Life has no rebuy options
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34136 on: July 09, 2013, 02:11:58 PM »

Yes good luck Tikay! Much enjoyed your Sky Poker videos.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #34137 on: July 09, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »

The very best of luck today tikay and most of all, have fun and enjoy it.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
AJR14

View Profile
« Reply #34138 on: July 09, 2013, 04:07:13 PM »

Wow, some pretty horrific and thought provoking pictures. Horrible to imagine what some people are capable of doing and disturbing to see what some people got away with. Unfortunately there are far too many sick people roaming the streets in this world.

Good luck today sir, hope the cards run your way.

Once a thing's been done, it's been done. So why all this nostalgia? I mean, for the 60s and 70s, you know, looking backwards for inspiration, copying the past. How's that rock 'n' roll? Do something of your own. Start something new. Live your life now.
- John Lennon
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #34139 on: July 09, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »

Good luck today x

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 2272 2273 2274 2275 [2276] 2277 2278 2279 2280 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: