blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:38:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 2969 2970 [2971] 2972 2973 2974 2975 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6330742 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44550 on: May 25, 2016, 11:47:42 AM »

The visit to the Vodafone shop?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44551 on: May 25, 2016, 11:47:53 AM »

NIGHT

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44552 on: May 25, 2016, 11:48:02 AM »

MARE

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44553 on: May 25, 2016, 11:49:37 AM »

I have to return to the Vodafone Shop in 2 hours.

Don't even ask.

Visit 2 entails me ringing Customer Services from the Vodafone Shop, being given a "Pack Code", & then the shop will arrange a phone I can take away, there & then.

In theory.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44554 on: May 25, 2016, 11:51:32 AM »

If all you need from your 'phone is texts and occasional calls £30 pm seems a lot.

I have a sim only contract with O2 which is less than a tenner pm.

On very rare occasions, I use it to access the internet, too. I don't WANT to access the internet on my 'phone, but the thought that I can & occasionally do is worth something.

Me too. I access the internet a few times daily but still don't have to pay extra.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44555 on: May 25, 2016, 12:00:11 PM »

For my sim only ~£10 pm I get 500mb of data, unlimited texts and 500 minutes.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44556 on: May 25, 2016, 12:05:40 PM »

If all you need from your 'phone is texts and occasional calls £30 pm seems a lot.

I have a sim only contract with O2 which is less than a tenner pm.

On very rare occasions, I use it to access the internet, too. I don't WANT to access the internet on my 'phone, but the thought that I can & occasionally do is worth something.

Me too. I access the internet a few times daily but still don't have to pay extra.

Sounds like you have a great deal there Ralph.  Does it include a new free 'phone every few years - think they call it a "free upgrade"?

Anyway, I can't change horses mid-stream, for now, I need to get a new phone sorted sharpish & with the min of fuss.

The shop visit was a perfect nightmare, & Round 2 might be worse.

My Customer Service Agent (Shop Assistant to you & me) had a bad cold, for which I extend her every sympathy. However, sniffing loudly every 5 seconds is not ideal, especially when every 10th or 12th sniff is a full reverse snorty sounding type swallow job.  I almost proferred my handkerchief to the young lady, but I'm in a hole with my phone right now, so thought it best to rein in the sarcasm.

I arrived at 10am, with the Shop advertised as being open at 0930. The Shutter was not fully up though. I could walk in without ducking, but no staff were present. It was completely deserted.

I wandered around inside for 15 minutes or so, & eventually a Staff Member walked in, through the three quarter open shutter.

At that very moment, the Manager appeared from the back office, & informed me that the Shop was closed.

"But the shutter was open"

"No, it was closed"

And so it began.

She then informed me that Regulations meant that she was not allowed to serve me if no other Staff Member was present, which was why she had ignored my presence until another Staffer polled up. 

Next up, I had to prove who I was, & give them my latest Vodafone Bill.

"Are you sure this is your Account, it is not registered at the office?".

Eh?

"Is your name Anthony Kendall or do you have another name?"

And so it continued.

Eventually, she directed me to a landline in the shop, gave me the number of Vodafone Customer Services, & told me to ring them to sort it. Marv.

Customer Services confirmed I am a "Legacy Account" (= been with them forever) & told me that they will give me Prio Service once my Pack Code has been issued in 2 hours.

Sorry to ramble on, but I need to get this out of my system.

Next stop, the Council Tip, to dispose of the 10 bags of garden cuttings accumulated over the weekend from my deforestation exercise in the garden. Bet that requires name, rank & serial number, too.

Then back to Vodafone........
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:12:41 PM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44557 on: May 25, 2016, 12:15:09 PM »

^^^

No free upgrade Tony.

I paid for the 'phone over the first eighteen months ~£35 pm, then went onto a sim only monthly contract probably at a small discount for not switching. It was originally ~£9pm but has increased very slightly since.

Thinking about it I probably could have had a "free upgrade" if I'd continued paying at the original rate.

Nice 'phone too with 4G, and a decent camera, HTC Mini.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #44558 on: May 25, 2016, 01:47:20 PM »

If you get a tariff which isn't sim only you'll  be paying for the handset within that tariff. When the contract ends, if you don't take the 'free' upgrade you'll still be paying the monthly cost of your handset (even though you've already paid for the full amount). 

If you like the handset you have and don't want to change it then you should switch to a sim only contract. i.e. if you don't take the upgrade at the end of every contract and just carry on the same as before then you'll be paying hundreds of pounds you don't need to.

An exception is O2, I don't know if other networks do this but O2 split the cost of your bill into the handset cost and the airtime cost. Once the contract is up you no longer have to pay the handset cost and you can just do nothing and the bill comes down to the equivalent of a sim only contract without you having to do anything.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #44559 on: May 25, 2016, 01:53:34 PM »

Hi Tony

My bank would not let me Transfer above £250 so i did £233+£17  Card reader is #dead.
I even tried to trick it.

So Can I swap from 3% to £250 please.  Tried to call but you did not answer!

Cheers

JAG
MrDickie

View Profile
« Reply #44560 on: May 25, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »

Happy Wednesday!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44561 on: May 25, 2016, 02:35:39 PM »

Hi Tony

My bank would not let me Transfer above £250 so i did £233+£17  Card reader is #dead.

Cheers

JAG

I lolled.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44562 on: May 25, 2016, 02:37:54 PM »

Hi Tony

My bank would not let me Transfer above £250 so i did £233+£17  Card reader is #dead.

So Can I swap from 3% to £250 please.  Tried to call but you did not answer!

Cheers

JAG

I do NOT need rubs today, John, understand?

Regards,

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44563 on: May 25, 2016, 02:41:12 PM »

Hi Tony

Cheers

JAG

Yup, £250 is absolutely fine John, thank you.

Just checked, & your 2 payments safely received. (£233 & £17).

I'll reply to your PM soonest, I'm a bit under it today.

Remind me, & apologies for my terrible memory  - you have a daughter if I'm not mistaken? How old is she now?

Regards,

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44564 on: May 25, 2016, 02:42:14 PM »

Further payments received;

MPower - £250 (revised stake by agreement)

Redbull - £89

Thanks John, Nick.

Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 2969 2970 [2971] 2972 2973 2974 2975 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: