blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:47:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3044 3045 3046 3047 [3048] 3049 3050 3051 3052 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6329392 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45705 on: June 24, 2016, 06:37:30 PM »

What a seismic day yesterday turned out to be, & with the time difference, & me with my head stuck up my arse, it is only this morning that I have realised what a momentous day in history yesterday was.

1) I had a deep run in a WSOP event.

2) We voted LEAVE, which, imo, is an utterly terrible thing. Don't suppose there will be too much sympathy towards all the Bank staff who will now lose their jobs, & I guess nobody will die.

3) Our Prime Minister resigned.

4) Boris the Buffoon - who never fooled me with his feigned stupidity, he is one very bright & likeable geezer - looked like he had lost the plot when he decided to lead Team Brexit. In fact, it was a masterstroke as it turned out. Never underestimate Boris. I think "LEAVE" is terrible, but if anyone can turn this disaster into triumph, it might just be Boris. He might just be the best Prime Minister we have had since Lady Thatcher, too.  It'll be a bumpy ride, for sure, Boris can put his foot in it so easily, but he'll be alright.

5) Perhaps worst of ALL in this list is that I see it being widely reported & stated that "old people" messed up the LEAVE/REMAIN vote, & of course, yes, that may well be true. But when people start saying "we don't agree with those old buggers, they cocked it up in the first place, so we should remove their right to vote" it's as bad as self-interest gets.

Let me repeat that, for clarity.....

"we don't agree with those old buggers, they cocked it up in the first place, so we should remove their right to vote".

Sheesh, it's time to leave town when I see that sort of stuff. Guess they would like us all rounded up & sent to Butlins soon. It's not that they disagree that bothers me, not at all - it's the "we disagree, therefore we want to remove your right to vote".  I mean, really? I'll spare everyone a history lesson, but these are dark, dark, clouds.

Anyway, enough of that, & I don't plan to engage in a debate about it.

Have to add, I read 20 pages of the Politics thread in "The Lounge" this morning, some stunningly good stuff there from Tighty, Barry Crater, doobs, Old Nirvana (ship him to Butlins please, he's old), Andrew, & many others, but the surprise package was MANTIS. I think MANTIS is blonde's answer to Boris Johnson - i.e., brighter & sharper than you might otherwise think. Still a tosser, mind.    

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:55:32 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45706 on: June 24, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »

I might be wrong but I have it as plo8 big O and limit O8 mix, still should be fun

I doubt you are wrong, Simon, & I have history in getting these things mixed up.

It'll be fine, & good practice, as I'm quite keen to give that WSOP Event 53, see here.....

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

The description of Event 53 is not awfully clear (is it 2, 3 or 4 games?), but it definitely rotates between Limit & Pot Limit (see "Structure Sheet"), so some Limit practice today will determine whether I play the WSOP thing or not.

Might see you in a bit.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45707 on: June 24, 2016, 06:51:37 PM »

I had SO much I wanted to write this morning, but time has beaten me again, so I'll try & catch up later, or tomorrow.

The bad news from the UK apart, I've had a good morning actually. Had a long convo with the Top Suit from Next Door, which went well, & was something of a relief, as we have been ships in the night for the last week, & kept missing each others calls.  

The end of the first full financial year for SB&G under new ownership was midnight last night, I believe, unless I am a week out in my calculations. Oh my oh my, if you think yesterday was seismic, SB&G's year & progress has been nothing short of astonishing. Not bad for a Business run by "lolzz management", & described as "the lowest of the low" by one young man who subsequently won a £10,000 package to Vegas with Next Door, & who I will be "hosting" in a few weeks. Funny old game.

Anyway, gotta go, more later.

Have a great evening. For me, it's a leisurely drive Downtown, a Starby, & a cheapo MTT @ Nugget. Pretty good, huh?    
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:54:22 PM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45708 on: June 24, 2016, 06:58:29 PM »

Just remember that in FLO8 it's often worth calling a big bet on the end for half the pot.

I'm sure that you knew that anyway but just thought I'd put it out there.

GL

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #45709 on: June 24, 2016, 07:22:54 PM »

Just remember that in FLO8 it's often worth calling a big bet on the end for half the pot.

I'm sure that you knew that anyway but just thought I'd put it out there.

GL

He should search out the 10k final table video and watch trelski.  Raise pre-flop with everything and bet bet bet.  Unless he hits obv.  Wink

Punish them.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45710 on: June 24, 2016, 08:02:39 PM »

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #45711 on: June 24, 2016, 08:05:40 PM »

Hope you've got those binoculars with you Tony.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45712 on: June 24, 2016, 08:13:14 PM »

Thanks Doobs, Ralph.

Luckily, redsimon, and a long time Vegas friend of mine are both on the table, so my blushes are being spared as to Limit betting.

Fun table, too. Think I am the 2nd youngest.

Can just about see the board cards from over here in Seat 2, too. Just about.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #45713 on: June 24, 2016, 08:15:25 PM »

Straight back in the saddle. Should be able to boss this tonight silver rogue.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #45714 on: June 24, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »

On and thanks for comparing me to Boris Johnson who you describe as a buffoon

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45715 on: June 24, 2016, 08:56:02 PM »

Settling down nicely now, going to be a big field, too, over 100 runners already.

2 levels complete, 17,500 from 15,000 starting.

Level 2 blinds were (wait for it.....) 50-75.

Who came up with that idea? Nothing like making a simple thing complicated. The dealers here (& players) struggle enough as it is.

All very odd.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45716 on: June 24, 2016, 08:58:41 PM »

Playing Big O, we just saw a chap get the lot in pre flop and flop (flop was Q-9-3) with.......

2-4-5-7-10.

Go figure that one. And yes, he lost the lot v good aces which did a Scoopio.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45717 on: June 24, 2016, 09:26:56 PM »

BUSTO, 36th place, just shy of $5,000.

Deets to follow after I've had a wee.

What a result, great job tikay, such entertainment reading your updates in the evening.  So well written and humorous even when you have a tournament to concentrate on.

How do you find the support on here helps you during a tournament?  A welcome distraction?  Something to allow you to see what you are doing with better perspective?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45718 on: June 24, 2016, 09:29:56 PM »

BUSTO, 36th place, just shy of $5,000.

Deets to follow after I've had a wee.

What a result, great job tikay, such entertainment reading your updates in the evening.  So well written and humorous even when you have a tournament to concentrate on.

How do you find the support on here helps you during a tournament?  A welcome distraction?  Something to allow you to see what you are doing with better perspective?

Thanks Aaron, will reply later, or soonest, several other questions also await replies, but can't do so whilst playing.

How is your boy these days? Working yet?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45719 on: June 24, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »

Wow, this is playing super fast and dangerous. Lots of all in coups already.

Clunk click, this could be a proper roller coaster.

Pages: 1 ... 3044 3045 3046 3047 [3048] 3049 3050 3051 3052 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: