blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3072 3073 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 3079 3080 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6327012 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46125 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:39 AM »

BUSTO

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #46126 on: June 30, 2016, 03:36:16 AM »

Unlucky Tikay.

Just save the biggest bink for the next WSOP comp Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46127 on: June 30, 2016, 03:38:07 AM »

I raise from UTG from a 10BB stack, leaving me 7 Bigs, and the blinds about to go through me, which would leave me 5.5 Bigs.

I had......

three diamonds

Double suited, beautifully balanced, it's as good as I can hope for.

Am hoping to force folds, or find a 3 bettor, but it's nightmare city as I pick up TWO callers.

Off we go.

That's a bit  awkward, but I can't fold, and plan  to move in, but the BB moved in first.

He could have clubs, but I can't fold, I need a club, Jack, or running low cards.

He has me all locked up every which way, not only nut clubs with A-2, but J-J, so I am on a one outer for the high, and low-deuce for the low.

Inevitably, those odds are too high, and he scoops.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46128 on: June 30, 2016, 03:42:39 AM »

Proper self inflicted anti-climax, that, after I revved myself up, done all the prep and homework, and was very confident I would cash from an average stack.

The last hand was a difficult spot post flop, that apart, every hand played itself, never done a thing wrong, but never done a thing right. Some days those cards just don't play nice.

Next case.

Off to give the Big O cash tables a hammering now.

Night all.

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46129 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:07 AM »

Unlucky.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
engy

View Profile
« Reply #46130 on: June 30, 2016, 04:01:38 AM »

unlucky tony
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46131 on: June 30, 2016, 04:42:32 AM »

Thanks Gents.

A zillion players bust out of tournaments every day, so it's no big deal really, but even though I don't exactly exude self confidence, I would have bet good money I would have made the money and run deep today.

Looking back, not sure I would do much different, either. It was hard to play the exit hand much different, and it seemed ridiculous to fold it, or limp in. It was a bona-fide flip, or that was the plan. It was anything but, as it panned out, lol.

I've run pretty well all trip, in both cash and tourneys, so I guess I was due a slap in the chops.

Onto the next one, which is Friday I think, when we revisit the scene of the crime to play the $1,100 PLO8/PLO/Big O.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:46:30 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46132 on: June 30, 2016, 04:58:28 AM »

Pity the Early Morning Squeeze Team, with their coffee and extra special sticky buns. Bad start to their day, too. It's good to share the pain.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46133 on: June 30, 2016, 05:02:24 AM »

Just got a seat at a nice $1-$2-$5 Big O and who should sit in next to me but Rob, aka "animalpoker".

That's both good and bad, he is great company, but we will be playing for stacks.

Bring it on.

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #46134 on: June 30, 2016, 06:55:42 AM »

Morning Tikay. One of the few days I don't need to be up early and I'm awake at 5:57am eager to see how it went for you. Sounds like the cards just wouldn't fall for you tonight, unlucky.

Hope the Big O goes well.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #46135 on: June 30, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »

Oh my god that  tho.

And that's the thing, we can prepare all we like, research, confidence, but when all is said and done it is a game of gambol. That hand sets you off on a entirely different path. That's why you need to be emotionally cold in this game. So fuck it mate, go and do so blow and hookers, dust yourself down and let's go again!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46136 on: June 30, 2016, 08:03:58 AM »

I raise from UTG from a 10BB stack, leaving me 7 Bigs, and the blinds about to go through me, which would leave me 5.5 Bigs.

I had......

three diamonds

Am hoping to force folds, or find a 3 bettor, but it's nightmare city as I pick up TWO callers.

Off we go.

That's a bit  awkward, but I can't fold, and plan  to move in, but the BB moved in first.

He could have clubs, but I can't fold, I need a club, Jack, or running low cards.

He has me all locked up every which way, not only nut clubs with A-2, but J-J, so I am on a one outer for the high, and low-deuce for the low.

P.S. You both appear to be holding the so you should have asked for the hand to be voided.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46137 on: June 30, 2016, 08:15:13 AM »

I had......

three diamonds

Off we go.

P.S. You both appear to be holding the so you should have asked for the hand to be voided.

So that's why I busted.

Scandalous.

PPS - got my suits arse about face - nut diamonds, 2nd nut clubs.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46138 on: June 30, 2016, 08:48:56 AM »

Where do people get sticky buns to have with their morning coffee? Do they all have a bakers next door?

The older I get, the better I was.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #46139 on: June 30, 2016, 10:14:06 AM »

Thanks Gents.

A zillion players bust out of tournaments every day, so it's no big deal really, but even though I don't exactly exude self confidence, I would have bet good money I would have made the money and run deep today.

Looking back, not sure I would do much different, either. It was hard to play the exit hand much different, and it seemed ridiculous to fold it, or limp in. It was a bona-fide flip, or that was the plan. It was anything but, as it panned out, lol.

I've run pretty well all trip, in both cash and tourneys, so I guess I was due a slap in the chops.

Onto the next one, which is Friday I think, when we revisit the scene of the crime to play the $1,100 PLO8/PLO/Big O.

This is the key bit, if you are happy with how you played then chin up sir! Dust yourself down and rip some new ones in the next tournament!
Pages: 1 ... 3072 3073 3074 3075 [3076] 3077 3078 3079 3080 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: