blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3245 3246 3247 3248 [3249] 3250 3251 3252 3253 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6321960 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48720 on: June 12, 2017, 07:42:09 PM »

Good stuff!

Looking forward to railing you to the FT, this evening.

Piss off Marky, I've been railed by you (& Sam) at Venetian before, & look how that ended up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48721 on: June 12, 2017, 07:43:11 PM »

Good stuff!

Well played Sir. Good to see you in good form yesterday. Good luck for this afternoon.

Was great to see you Alan, you have not changed a bit. Maybe a shade older, & just a touch more portly, perhaps, but I never noticed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48722 on: June 12, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »

WP Mr T!

Nice to see you still have 'a few' BB's going into day 2 Smiley

Just under 20.

As the dreadful cliché goes, one double up.....

When do you get here Mark?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48723 on: June 12, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »

Good stuff!

Piss off Marky, I've been railed by you (& Sam) at Venetian before, & look how that ended up.

Simon, too Wink

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #48724 on: June 12, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »

George Foreman has five sons all called George also a daughter Georgetta and another Freeda George.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48725 on: June 12, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »

George Foreman has five sons all called George also a daughter Georgetta and another Freeda George.

Awesome piece of trivia, Ralph.

I never disbelieved you, but could not resist have a look on Wiki to see what it said;

His five sons are George Jr., George III ("Monk"), George IV ("Big Wheel"), George V ("Red"), and George VI ("Little Joey"). On his website, Foreman explains, "I named all my sons George Edward Foreman so they would always have something in common

Meanwhile, how about this, which his Wiki page also suggests;

George Foreman Grill

Although Foreman has never confirmed exactly how much he has earned from the endorsement, it is known that Salton paid him $137 million in 1999, for the right to use his name. Prior to that, he was paid about 40% of the profits on each grill sold (earning him $4.5 million a month in payouts at its peak), so it is estimated he has made a total of over $200 million from the endorsement, substantially more than he earned as a boxer

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #48726 on: June 12, 2017, 08:10:37 PM »

Saw a TV show once, and it said that Hulk Hogan was offered what turned out to be the Foreman, and ended up doing some blender instead Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48727 on: June 12, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »

Saw a TV show once, and it said that Hulk Hogan was offered what turned out to be the Foreman, and ended up doing some blender instead Cheesy

Yup, Wiki says something along the same lines;

Hulk Hogan had previously been considered, but chose to pitch the Hulkamania Meatball Maker instead

What a big name Hulk Hogan was in his heyday, too. He's 63 now. Wow, why is everyone sold these days? Can't be doing with old peeps.

Marky_Crash

View Profile
« Reply #48728 on: June 12, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »

WP Mr T!

Nice to see you still have 'a few' BB's going into day 2 Smiley

Just under 20.

As the dreadful cliché goes, one double up.....

When do you get here Mark?

Yep, all to play for.

9th July aka 28 sleeps aka too long, not that I am counting or anything...

GL for round 2!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48729 on: June 12, 2017, 08:23:11 PM »

I gotta go get some sleep now, so I'm really struggling with the West Coast Adventure trip report.

Just one post for today, then, & this was from our time in Portland. We had googled extensively in advance, & one of our target stops was Powell's Bookstore, which is almost an institution, & is said to be amongst the world's best bookshops. Bookshops are such wonderful places to visit, but this one really was special, it had that evocative book "smell".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell%27s_Books

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:28:35 PM by tikay » Logged

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #48730 on: June 12, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »

Loving the Vegas journey as usual Tikay. A pic of you and JJ Hazan popped up on my FB feed yesterday. My he makes you look very slim and handsome.  Grin Grin Grin

GL on day 2.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48731 on: June 12, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

Seeing Pompeynick post, & because he is a mate from Next Door with whom I have shared hundreds (thousands?) of Tables, I'm suddenly reminded that Doobs finished 5th in the Sunday Major last night for about a grand.

That's a bit more in the Vegas fighting fund, well done David. 

Thanks tikay.  If I only played on Sky.  Unfortunately it is a bit of a battle these days to cover stars losses.   Hopefully Vegas will be kind.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48732 on: June 12, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »

It seems slightly bad form, almost rude, like swearing in church, to take photos in a bookshop, but I could not resist, & this photo gives you a flavour of the place.

We could have spent a whole week in there, it was just wonderful.

Unfortunately, I could not resist buying 4 or 5 books, & again yesterday, in Barnes & Noble in Las Vegas, I purchased 3 or 4 more. God knows how I'm going to get them all home.  

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #48733 on: June 12, 2017, 09:50:34 PM »

My mate kev landed yesterday apparently it's a balmy 82 degrees but it's expected to get hotter by 8/10 degrees a day to be 110-120 by the weekend !!
Phew !!
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #48734 on: June 12, 2017, 10:11:25 PM »

dont have a piece, best of luck

really enjoy your write ups every year

That's most kind of you Mr bagel, thank you.

May I ask how you came to choose the alias of "bagel"?

I went on wiki to see if it meant what I thought it did ("bread roll"....) & it informed me that a bagel is "a bread product which originated in the Jewish communities of Poland".

Well I never knew that.

believe it or not, bagel is my middle name.

Well I do hope you don't think I'm being cheeky, or getting OOL, but that's a very strange middle name.

Is there any particular family history which is the reason your parents chose "Bagel"?

In most cases middle names seem to transpose from generation to generation - I am Anthony James, my Dad was James Anthony, that sort of thing.

I used to employ 3 generations of the same family as shuttering joiners, Grandad, Dad & Son. Grandad's name was David Wells, Dad's name was David Wells, & Son's name was.......David Wells.

I can see all sorts of negatives & positives there.

cant believe i got that one through, you really must be tired.

my middle name is alan btw.

in my thirties i was first of my pals to get a bald patch, i have short hair, someone said my head looks like a bagel so it stuck. sorry to disappoint you.

good luck today,  if you win the iced buns are on you.
Pages: 1 ... 3245 3246 3247 3248 [3249] 3250 3251 3252 3253 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: