blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3410 3411 3412 3413 [3414] 3415 3416 3417 3418 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296461 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51195 on: February 15, 2018, 05:27:53 PM »

SB&G is a pretty exciting business to work for, too. I wish I could discuss them more here, but I cba with all the boorish mocking. It's stunningly successful, but not a soul on blonde realises the how & why. Ah well, never mind. There was an amazeballs stat in last years published Annual Report that stated that at peak times, Sky Bet take over 350 bets per second.

Discuss away if you wish as I'm sure people will be interested, myself included but not through rose tinted specs please.
Bet365 are also "stunningly successful" taking huge market share from the old established bookmakers and likewise get a bad press for account closures and bet limits.
Dunno if its boorish mocking, just frustration at seeing prices/edges and not been able to take advantage.

!00% agree that Bet365 are astoundingly good. Much bigger, too, as they have global reach, whereas for the most part, SB&G only targets the home market. Sky Bet Italia & Germany are both up & running now, but long way to go before they mature.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:30:59 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51196 on: February 15, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »

Congrats on the contract Tikay, when does this year's staking thread go up?
This

Cymru am byth
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #51197 on: February 15, 2018, 06:16:44 PM »

Congratulations on the contract Tikay, I know you love your work.

I saw you mentioned Gill is in Stoke. Is she one of us lovely Stokies?  Grin

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #51198 on: February 15, 2018, 06:31:06 PM »

Agree with beard shave idea, looking like a homeless wouldn't go down well.

If there's a staking thread this year we should be more open to cock waving. There's been virtually no cock waving if previous years and hey presto we still don't have our bracelet!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51199 on: February 15, 2018, 06:37:32 PM »

Agree with beard shave idea, looking like a homeless wouldn't go down well.

If there's a staking thread this year we should be more open to cock waving. There's been virtually no cock waving if previous years and hey presto we still don't have our bracelet!

Beard gone, just hacked it all off. I'm now an ex-beardy. I've gone from ruggedly handsome to plain handsome. 

If I do Vegas, & I'm very hopeful, you & the other regulars who have asked are all booked.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51200 on: February 15, 2018, 06:46:17 PM »

I do love it, yes. Can't wait to get up in the morning & get started, not that I do much.

Contract & Employment Law, coupled with computerised time sheets, mean I'm contracted to do x hours per day, x days per week. I ignore all that & work my own hours though. Have a brief nap most afternoons, but I'm on site 18 hours per day just keeping an eye on my little corner of things.  Love every minute of it.

Gill was a Ripley girl originally, when I first met here she lived in Belper, we were both at B & K at the time. That was 30 years ago, & we drifted apart, as you do. Then, somehow she found me on Facebook about 7 years ago & we hooked up again. Glory be for that, she's wonderful. It's the only benefit I ever got from Facebook, where I no longer reside, thank God.

She lives in Stoke, yes, & has done for 20 or more years. She works for Venesta, the bathroom & toilet module people in Trentham. Does a terrific job for them, but like me, she suffers from chronic job insecurity. But they'd never get rid of her, she's a great employee.   

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51201 on: February 15, 2018, 07:29:16 PM »

Tikay- I cant really think of anyone but you to ask this one......

My mum has always wanted to do a train journey through Scottish Hills or something similar and im looking to sort for a 40th wedding anniversary , just wondering if you've done anything similar and the best place to start, would like a old style chuff chuff if possible and a good amount of time on-board, price wise happy for £800 ish for two people as leaves money in the pot for hotel.

ty for any info in advance

chuff chuff?

chuff chuff?

Please.

I assume you mean Steam Locomotive?

There's a few here mate. A wonderful gift for your Mum.

https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/tours/railway/great-rail-journeys/

She'll be chuffed to bits.

The older I get, the better I was.
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #51202 on: February 15, 2018, 07:36:53 PM »

I do love it, yes. Can't wait to get up in the morning & get started, not that I do much.

Contract & Employment Law, coupled with computerised time sheets, mean I'm contracted to do x hours per day, x days per week. I ignore all that & work my own hours though. Have a brief nap most afternoons, but I'm on site 18 hours per day just keeping an eye on my little corner of things.  Love every minute of it.

Gill was a Ripley girl originally, when I first met here she lived in Belper, we were both at B & K at the time. That was 30 years ago, & we drifted apart, as you do. Then, somehow she found me on Facebook about 7 years ago & we hooked up again. Glory be for that, she's wonderful. It's the only benefit I ever got from Facebook, where I no longer reside, thank God.

She lives in Stoke, yes, & has done for 20 or more years. She works for Venesta, the bathroom & toilet module people in Trentham. Does a terrific job for them, but like me, she suffers from chronic job insecurity. But they'd never get rid of her, she's a great employee.   

When you've been over here visiting Gill have you visited Trentham Gardens and shopping Village? Nice in the Summer. The shops are a bit pricey but there are some speciality ones that you won't find on the high street. David's Brasserie is good for lunch. The Italian gardens at beautiful although there is a charge to get in now.

There used to be an outdoor swimming pool at Trentham which I went to a few times as a kid. You used to catch a miniture train from the gardens to get to it. They had a few bands play round it in the Summer but too many people ended up in the pool so they stopped.

http://www.thepotteries.org/photo_wk/214.htm

Talking of bands the ballroom which held about 2000 people was a hotbed for concerts, and in the 70's I saw the likes of Status Quo, ELP, and best of all Thin Lizzy there.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51203 on: February 16, 2018, 10:55:33 AM »

I was muchly surprised - pleasingly surprised - by how many of you took a moment to congratulate me on the renewed contract.

I wonder how many will comment on this beauty, which I took this morning?

I'll take the overs, obv.

Click to see full-size image.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #51204 on: February 16, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »

I was muchly surprised - pleasingly surprised - by how many of you took a moment to congratulate me on the renewed contract.

enjoy Manchester,  when is the tour arriving in Nottingham?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51205 on: February 16, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »

enjoy Manchester,  when is the tour arriving in Nottingham?

Hi Simon,

4th to 6th of May.

Here you go;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51206 on: February 16, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »

Here's our luxurious work-station at 235 Manchester.

That's 2 of my bosses flanking me. Yes, they are young enough to be my grandkids.

It's a bit weird being subservient to people a quarter my age, especially as I was the MD for most of my working life, but it's cool & I am really comfy with it. Never realised how comfy the back seat can be.   

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #51207 on: February 16, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »

Tikay- I cant really think of anyone but you to ask this one......

My mum has always wanted to do a train journey through Scottish Hills or something similar and im looking to sort for a 40th wedding anniversary , just wondering if you've done anything similar and the best place to start, would like a old style chuff chuff if possible and a good amount of time on-board, price wise happy for £800 ish for two people as leaves money in the pot for hotel.

ty for any info in advance

...some lovely, no doubt pricey, little chuff chuffs here....

https://www.belmond.com/trains
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51208 on: February 16, 2018, 02:58:11 PM »

Guys, please.

"chuff-chuff" is childish, & its a serious subject, OK?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51209 on: February 16, 2018, 03:27:15 PM »

Are you hiding your beard under that scarf?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3410 3411 3412 3413 [3414] 3415 3416 3417 3418 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: