blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:45:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3443 3444 3445 3446 [3447] 3448 3449 3450 3451 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6327734 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51690 on: June 01, 2018, 08:52:59 PM »

One of those PM's was from Doobs, saying he had paid earlier today, so that looks like one of the mystery payees.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #51691 on: June 01, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »

Can't believe you didn't automatically assume it was me paying early and cross me off.

Have I paid for last year yet?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51692 on: June 01, 2018, 09:12:44 PM »

Can't believe you didn't automatically assume it was me paying early and cross me off.

Have I paid for last year yet?

At least I could readily assume you had not paid yet. Consistent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51693 on: June 01, 2018, 09:16:26 PM »

Doobs now confirmed as PAID, & the list amended to reflect that.

So there is still a 2% payment unallocated, but it's not Doobs & it's certainly not Evil Pie.

It'll all sort itself out in a day or two.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51694 on: June 01, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »

Door to door yesterday I was travelling for 20 hours, so like any sensible person, I then went & sat in a Big O Cash Game for 7 hours straight.

Great fun though. A game I really enjoy, & don't play scared or tight,  good company, plenty of bants, perfect.

We were sat right under a giant TV screen showing Game 1 of the NBA Finals, Cavs v GSW. Best way to oil the convo wheels is to engage the Americans on my knowledge of NBA, which surprised them all, so the chat was great.

"Yeah, loving LeBron, just gets better with age".

Shocking play by J R Smith there, what was he thinking?

I was doing just fine, until I said I had bet on Lebron getting a double triple, which was a step too far - think I meant triple double - when my bluff got snapped off, so I moved convo to Princess Meghan. All of them stayed up to watch the wedding, which was silly am time over here.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51695 on: June 01, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »

I sat, as always in that game, with £$500, with $500 behind as a pull-up if needed.

The pull-up was soon needed, then I see-sawed all evening. Double up to $1,200, dribble down to $600, double, dribble, could never get the double when I was deep stacked.

Got into a big pot & it all kicked off.

It's $1 $2 blinds with a mandatory $5 straddle & a $5 bring-in.

I'm on the button with.....

It's limped in every spot - standard, & I decide to pop it up from the Button for $40, a pure steal really with the advantage of position. 7 callers. Marv.

It comes.....

So a ton of draws there, & it's checked round. It's 5 card, so pretty much a nuts game, but we gotta bet here I think.

I make it $250, & now the SB, who had checked the flop makes it $330 all-in. I'm probably calling despite what he's repping, but then the fella to his left flats the $330 & he has a bit behind.  

I mean, either can have the 9, or possible 10's full already, but I don't think the SB has it, he's a bit creative. Really did not like the fella flatting him behind though. But the maths say I gotta call the $80 into over a thousand & I make the call a bit nervously. I must call there on price alone, or I think I must.

Turns out I'm not in bad shape after all, SB has 9-6-3-2, a shade optimistic, & the other fella has a dead flush draw, if it comes I've got him beat.

The turn is gin, Jack of Clubs for Jacks full, PING, plus a redundant straight, just need to avoid a pair up, & the river gave me a bigger dead straight & I scoop.

Now 9-6-3-2 man tells me I am sooooooo bad.

I have no idea if I played it bad or OK, but I just can't fold there for 80 bucks.

He ranted & raved for 10 minutes, tilted off another $500, then departed, muttering "you can't beat these idiots".

Happy days, next please.

Course, I mangled a few big ones too, but I'll spare you those.  

Anyway, I'd forgotten to bring a hoodie - when will I learn? - & was shivering with the cold, so just after midnight I gave best & went and done a bit of work Next Door.

Overall, I was in for $1,000, & cashed up for $1,170 or so, so not exactly crushing, but I just love playing that game & I was happy. Rake is on the time clock, $7 per half hour, ouchio.

I'm resting up today, & have done a bit of stuff Next Door, & will play the same game tonight, then tomorrow, the Schedule starts with a visit Downtown to Binions, 11am start. I feel strangely confident & bullish that I'll run very deep in that baby. And yeah, I'll have a spare bullet in my picket, in case of accidents.  

Poker Downtown, lovely.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:57:53 PM by tikay » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #51696 on: June 01, 2018, 10:11:11 PM »

Where was the game ^^^ was it The Nugget?

Are you staying downtown to start or am I going bonkerser?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #51697 on: June 01, 2018, 10:16:02 PM »

I'd imagine it was at the Venetian, or the Rio.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51698 on: June 01, 2018, 10:24:44 PM »

5% please tikay as my confidence in your pokering ability and lack of value of my money has not diminished in all the years I have staked you.

(Just transferred)

Good to see you back on board Aaron, 5% BOOKED & £428.90 safely received.

How is Leon getting on, & did I get his name right this time? Career decided? Girls on board yet?

Leo (which answers your second question) is doing great, finished his GCSE's and for a change of scenery has moved to Aberdeen to study.  He's just finished his first year up there and exams are over so came down to Southampton last week.  We're heading over to the IOW for a bit of weekend fun in the morning.  No career plans, he's still dithering over what to focus on for a study path let alone career.  He's young, I don't feel inclined to push him one way or another, as long as he's well a rounded unentitled independent millennial I'm happy (think I've succeeded there).

I was going through some of my old videos, on the compuer and on YouTube looking for something the other day and found a few from around 2010 featuring you and Orford on Sky Poker TV doing all sorts of nonsense, oh how they made me laugh.  I was going to post one but wasn't sure if it would make you cringe or laugh more?  I must have saved about 50 or more classic moments from Sky Poker over the years.  Good times.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:30:06 PM by Machka » Logged
Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51699 on: June 01, 2018, 10:44:17 PM »

Pics of fry-up, please.

Have a safe flight.

Hope you don't get caught going through security, with all those queues Wink

Investors get their questions answered promptly, happy to oblige.

Your diet has definitely improved over the years.

Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #51700 on: June 02, 2018, 08:02:21 AM »

Sent Tony, ref was something like Winn 2 ish.

Steve
engy

View Profile
« Reply #51701 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:25 AM »

Sent Tony, thanks for letting me in late glgl
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #51702 on: June 02, 2018, 09:14:58 AM »

As it was freezing cold definitely the Rio Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #51703 on: June 02, 2018, 03:06:10 PM »

2% please will send payment on weekend when back in UK.

Good luck

Good man, thank you, 2% BOOKED. Payment over the weekend is fine.

PS - Look after your Moby, lots of thieving buggers around, huh?

Shipped!

You know how good it felt not having a phone for a few days. I hate how we all rely on these things so much now.

Anyway, good luck!

Ah! The element of surprise
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51704 on: June 02, 2018, 05:27:23 PM »

Morning all, 0930 here & I'm all behind.

Not had time to do a full reconciliation of the payments yet, but several more have arrived, & the identity of the 2nd mystery 2% has been solved, it was dino1980.

Will Update everything tonight or tomorrow morning, but no probs my end with where we are.

PM's on way to Supernova & Scottish Gentleman later, too.

Pages: 1 ... 3443 3444 3445 3446 [3447] 3448 3449 3450 3451 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: