blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3640 3641 3642 3643 [3644] 3645 3646 3647 3648 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295904 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54645 on: June 29, 2019, 07:11:43 PM »

My Yank seemed pretty clued-up so I reckon he's not too bothered and it's now a tax-free import over there at the grand old age of 25.

I guess he'd sell it as the English Acura but with a bigger V6 3.2L engine. Mind you he'll have to offer me a fair bit more than last time we failed to agree a price.

I had thought Acura/Honda was the same as Lexus/Toyota and any differences were merely aesthetic.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54646 on: June 29, 2019, 07:18:51 PM »

This is food for thought - look how far we've come in just 12 years....

https://twitter.com/ValaAfshar/status/1145026802794016769

Fortunately, it hasn't replaced food or thought.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54647 on: June 29, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »

My Yank seemed pretty clued-up so I reckon he's not too bothered and it's now a tax-free import over there at the grand old age of 25.

I guess he'd sell it as the English Acura but with a bigger V6 3.2L engine. Mind you he'll have to offer me a fair bit more than last time we failed to agree a price.

I had thought Acura/Honda was the same as Lexus/Toyota and any differences were merely aesthetic.

Not sure if serious but

Honda NSX = Acura NSX
Honda Legend = Acura Legend?

I used to have an old school MR2.   Was a very fun car and very much collectable these days, but I wouldn't be selling at as a Supra. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54648 on: June 29, 2019, 07:46:29 PM »

As you know I don't understand these games very well but if he need the board to pair to win then you've played it correctly. Because maths.

Never mind. Come home, make yourself a proper cop of tea, put the telly on, put your feet up and contemplate how great life is.

Or maybe "because math"?

In the USA, it's definitely math.

All very odd, but I'm starting to quite enjoy these different ways of saying things, after a little encouragement from the head of the blonde department of the spoken word, aka Lord Tal.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #54649 on: June 29, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »

As you know I don't understand these games very well but if he need the board to pair to win then you've played it correctly. Because maths.

Never mind. Come home, make yourself a proper cop of tea, put the telly on, put your feet up and contemplate how great life is.

Or maybe "because math"?

All very odd, but I'm starting to quite enjoy these different ways of saying things, after a little encouragement from the head of the blonde department of the spoken word, aka Lord Tal.

George Bernard Shaw said the US and UK are separated by a common language.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54650 on: June 29, 2019, 08:01:14 PM »

Or maybe "because math"?

George Bernard Shaw said the US and UK are separated by a common language.

Hopefully, I'll not be around to see the day when The Times uses the word "gotten".

This was from USA Today earlier this week.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54651 on: June 29, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »

When I first came to America I made a lot of mistakes, like going to the hair salon and asking for a blow job.

Penelope Cruz.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #54652 on: June 29, 2019, 10:18:38 PM »

Hi Tony,
How much longer are you in Vegas for?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54653 on: June 29, 2019, 10:20:59 PM »

Hi Tony,

About 5 hours Nick.

Just heading off to the airport now, & then I can spend the afternoon watching the 'planes come & go.

Flight is due to take off at 7.30pm Local, & arrive in London at 1.30pm Sunday.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #54654 on: June 29, 2019, 10:31:13 PM »

Hi Tony,

About 5 hours Nick.

Just heading off to the airport now, & then I can spend the afternoon watching the 'planes come & go.

Flight is due to take off at 7.30pm Local, & arrive in London at 1.30pm Sunday.

Hope you've enjoyed your time in Vegas Sir
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #54655 on: June 29, 2019, 10:31:48 PM »

Ah, ok.
I was hoping you might be around tomorrow and fancied a trip up to that mountain, with all the nice scenery and nature you have posted about.
I hope you have a safe journey home, I’m here until next Friday, will probably play a couple more of those 6pm PLO8 tournaments at the Orleans.
If truth be known I’m ready to go home, I’m actually sat in my hotel room watching the Yankees v the Red Sox from London dreaming of a nice cup of tea, god the Americans just cannot produce a cup of tea worth a damn.
Thank you and all next door for helping me live the dream.
See you in Brighton.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54656 on: June 30, 2019, 05:56:59 PM »

Hi Tony.

I think you should reconsider playing planet hollywood next year.  I played the 1k yesterday and the standard wasn't that great.   Ari Engel came and sat at my table later on, and I ended up 11th for zero dollars, but I wouldn't let either of those things put you off.   

There was pumping music throughout, but it wasn't massively annoying; maybe a 2 on a scale that puts "slot machine tournament" at 9 and "best poker site in the world" at 10.  The volume wasn't that high anyway.

Wish I'd played the 10k in the end.  I heard a couple of reports yesterday which suggested there was a bit of value.   I think the best strat would have been to miss the mixed omaha and get a good kip, but all good learning.  And better to have tried and failed...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #54657 on: July 01, 2019, 10:47:53 AM »

Have the pay outs been finalised yet from Tikay's Vegas Package? Or is it still being given the once over by the accountants?

.....1st year without Jeeves. #justsaying

Life has no rebuy options
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #54658 on: July 01, 2019, 03:37:47 PM »

Have the pay outs been finalised yet from Tikay's Vegas Package? Or is it still being given the once over by the accountants?

.....1st year without Jeeves. #justsaying

We may have to wait a while for the final payout figures

I hear the Algos are struggling with the profit volume
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54659 on: July 01, 2019, 06:33:40 PM »

Just to clear up how I got confused* over this matter:

When my man informed me that my trusty steed is known as an Acura stateside I thought he was referring to the model rather than the make.

*An increasingly frequent occurrence

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 3640 3641 3642 3643 [3644] 3645 3646 3647 3648 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: