blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3645 3646 3647 3648 [3649] 3650 3651 3652 3653 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6297469 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54720 on: August 24, 2019, 09:31:13 PM »

My new favourite premier league footballer.

Oli McBurnie used to briefly play for Bradford City, didn't do much and many Bradford fans queried why Swansea would want him.   Fast forward a couple of years and he signed for Sheffield United for £20m (and many Bradford City fans said wtf again).

He got his first premier league goal today, but that isn't the reason I like him.

On Wednesday Swansea played away at QPR and who rocked up in the away end?

https://mobile.twitter.com/oli_mcburnie/status/1164306768488554503

Suspect not many Premier League £20m strikers would be leading the chanting at their old clubs.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #54721 on: August 24, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »

I think the Boss stands alone in his admiration of this company.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49433807

Don’t get it tbh, I use them all the time and find them fine, follow their ‘rules’ and you won’t have a problem. I guess it’s people bitching when they get caught out because they didn’t read the standard rules that will mean you need to pay a bit more. It’s not even fine print, just lazy arses that don’t read the big print tbh. I still hear about people bitching because they got done for €50 or whatever the latest fine is for not checking in online beforehand. FFS that rule couldn’t be any clearer.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #54722 on: August 24, 2019, 10:51:58 PM »

Don’t get it tbh, I use them all the time and find them fine, follow their ‘rules’ and you won’t have a problem. I guess it’s people bitching when they get caught out because they didn’t read the standard rules that will mean you need to pay a bit more. It’s not even fine print, just lazy arses that don’t read the big print tbh. I still hear about people bitching because they got done for €50 or whatever the latest fine is for not checking in online beforehand. FFS that rule couldn’t be any clearer.......

It isn't just that though; I got caught by the cancelled flights last year, which was more than a minor ballache.  The luggage thing was also a bit confusing; don't think it is unreasonable to get grumpy when they change it twice in a year and you get caught. 

They have improved on their charging over the years, but a lot of that was forced on them.  I'd be much happier if they just said it will be £75 to start with, reather than them saying £29, and fifteen minutes later you disciver it was £75 after all.  The reason we are there is because BA is £200, so I don't see the point in the dicking about with pretend prices.

Think it is all a bit irrelevant; if one had to rank companies for customer service, surely one puts Waitrose above Ryanair?  If they asked who do you rank for having lowest fares, you are going to put Ryanair above BA (Not sure there would be much in it on customer service either).   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #54723 on: August 24, 2019, 11:58:55 PM »

It isn't just that though; I got caught by the cancelled flights last year, which was more than a minor ballache.  The luggage thing was also a bit confusing; don't think it is unreasonable to get grumpy when they change it twice in a year and you get caught. 

They have improved on their charging over the years, but a lot of that was forced on them.  I'd be much happier if they just said it will be £75 to start with, reather than them saying £29, and fifteen minutes later you disciver it was £75 after all.  The reason we are there is because BA is £200, so I don't see the point in the dicking about with pretend prices.

Think it is all a bit irrelevant; if one had to rank companies for customer service, surely one puts Waitrose above Ryanair?  If they asked who do you rank for having lowest fares, you are going to put Ryanair above BA (Not sure there would be much in it on customer service either).   

I probably use them 2 or 3 times a month and rarely have a problem other than flights later in the day something being late. Flybe are way worse with punctuality and cancel more often in my experience (I fly with them at least a couple of times a month also). They all do the ‘add on thing’ now, I booked with BA last month and they were up to the same shit including bags not being included.....
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #54724 on: August 25, 2019, 10:44:46 AM »

I don't have a problem with Ryanair tbh, but hardly use them, and work incurs all the costs, so I book everything included.

BA, however, where I am a Gold Card member, I have nothing but issues.

Priority baggage every trip, nearly always off last, rarely get pre booked meals correct, loaded onto plane way too early, too often to just sit there for a slot, etc etc, and they never accept any responsibility or offer any compo.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #54725 on: August 28, 2019, 01:29:58 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKYjL6q8TiM

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #54726 on: August 29, 2019, 09:11:45 AM »

PM, cough.

CLOCK!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #54727 on: August 29, 2019, 10:34:37 AM »

Forum Manager to the diary room.......................
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54728 on: August 31, 2019, 02:50:58 PM »

Must be preparing his Vegas package for an Xmas recovery mission...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54729 on: August 31, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »

Retail premises being boarded up everywhere

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54730 on: September 04, 2019, 07:12:20 PM »

If Luis Suarez came back as a horse:

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #54731 on: September 04, 2019, 09:15:15 PM »

If Luis Suarez came back as a horse:

Saw that earler Cheesy

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #54732 on: September 05, 2019, 07:08:08 PM »

https://www.businesstradecentre.co.uk/business/light-railway-holiday-service-hayling-island/

A new business for you Tikay?
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #54733 on: September 12, 2019, 05:00:39 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
Big-Carl" border="0

Imagine how great it would feel to pick stuff up with this crane. Enormous. Carl seems like the perfect name for a crane too.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #54734 on: September 15, 2019, 11:41:20 AM »

I probably use them 2 or 3 times a month and rarely have a problem other than flights later in the day something being late. Flybe are way worse with punctuality and cancel more often in my experience (I fly with them at least a couple of times a month also). They all do the ‘add on thing’ now, I booked with BA last month and they were up to the same shit including bags not being included.....

Just saw this post Woodsey, and had to laugh a little at the contradiction here.

BA offer hand-luggage only fares even on long haul flights now, in their relentless drive to compete with the low cost airlines. I’m not defending it (in fact I’m very much against it) but it’s made VERY clear when you book your flight that you’re usually getting a zero bag allowance when you select the very cheapest fare on the list of options. “If it looks to good to be true, then it’s usually too good to be true”.
Pages: 1 ... 3645 3646 3647 3648 [3649] 3650 3651 3652 3653 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: