blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:36:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 3683 3684 [3685] 3686 3687 3688 3689 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296065 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #55260 on: December 26, 2020, 10:46:18 PM »

The first video I ever took was of the Bellagio Fountains dancing to the tune. It was marvellous, i was in tears.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #55261 on: December 27, 2020, 03:05:22 PM »

Wonder if kids still get these at Xmas?

Click to see full-size image.

Wow 3p value Marathon.  Thats an old selection box.  Apparently there was a great shortage of selection boxes this year.  All stuck on containers waiting to get into Felixstowe.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #55262 on: December 27, 2020, 08:45:35 PM »

Wow 3p value Marathon.  Thats an old selection box.  Apparently there was a great shortage of selection boxes this year.  All stuck on containers waiting to get into Felixstowe.

Not sure how many got delayed, our local shops had plenty.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #55263 on: December 28, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »

Great to have you back Tony - I always enjoy your posts

Never knew you were an expert on lip-pursing and mouth-angling - it’s remarkable how one becomes magnetised to these quirks... Like if someone has an off-centre eye...
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #55264 on: December 29, 2020, 01:47:25 PM »

Season Greeting to you all,

It's been great reading the latest raft of posts from the "old fella", and I don't know why, but I looked at his Wiki page, and I have to say what great read of fiction it is; so do
we know who's responsible for this?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Kendall_(poker_player)

If you haven't seen it then enjoy.

Dave & Sue

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55265 on: December 29, 2020, 02:36:52 PM »

It's been great reading the latest raft of posts from the "old fella", and I don't know why, but I looked at his Wiki page, and I have to say what great read of fiction it is; so do

Dave & Sue

The only inaccuracy I can see is that they missed the bit where he had insisted that Sarah Stirk should appear with him in the golf commentaries.  When they got her in for an audition they realised that she was far superior to Mr Kendall, and he lost the gig.  The rage was picked up on earthquake monitors 50 miles away from Sky Sports H Q.  Think it still drives his bitterness about her to this day TBH.  

His walls are now adorned with posters of Michael O'Leary, but legend has it there are some rare early Sarah Stirk prints behind them.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55266 on: December 29, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »

Incred Wiki Cheesy

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55267 on: December 29, 2020, 09:21:44 PM »

Dave & Sue

Great work whoever is responsible, I assume it was just copied from his linkedin bio.....
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55268 on: December 30, 2020, 12:51:53 AM »

Incred Wiki Cheesy

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55269 on: December 30, 2020, 09:29:19 PM »

Thought you might enjoy this.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55270 on: December 31, 2020, 08:01:22 PM »

The first video I ever took was of the Bellagio Fountains dancing to the tune. It was marvellous, i was in tears.

Hi Shaz,

Not sure I've ever driven past Bellagio when they were not three deep on the railings watching the fountain show. It's amazingly endearing - it's been going for a whopping 32 years. 

A few miles along the strip is another miracle of hype - The Welcome to Vegas sign. 15 years ago we would just poll up & take a few photos. Now, there's organised queue lines & pro photographers ripping everyone off. 

I'd think the two most famous signs in the entire world are the Vegas Welcome sign & the Hollywood thing. Are there are other more famous signs globally? I can't think of any.

Meanwhile, if we head in the other direction, Vegas has a new "iconic" attraction - the Vegas Arch. It's down by the Strat, which is the street-cred sexy new name for the oh-so-dated Stratosphere. I'm not really sure what to make of it, but if we ever find ourselves in Vegas again, we'll have to go take a shufty. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55271 on: December 31, 2020, 08:07:34 PM »

Have to say, for my entire life, notwithstanding how tastes & moods change, the Mars Bar has been the Rolls Royce of chocolate.

As a little boy of primary school age, maybe slightly less, I was obsessed with being rich enough when I grew up to buy a whole "outer" of Mars Bars & eat one every day of my life. That really was the height of my ambitions at the time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55272 on: December 31, 2020, 08:15:05 PM »

Great to have you back Tony - I always enjoy your posts

Never knew you were an expert on lip-pursing and mouth-angling - it’s remarkable how one becomes magnetised to these quirks... Like if someone has an off-centre eye...

Thank you.

And oh dear, I've just realised how accurate you are. I've already mentioned my lip fixation with Laura Kuenssberg & Ms Patel, & I've suddenly realised there's another. Gill & I were having Afternoon Tea at The Wolseley on Piccadilly this time last year & suddenly realised we were seated smack bang next to Tracy Emin. And I know nothing & care even less about her "art", but I can't stop staring at her, & watching all her TV appearances. And of course she has that strangely interesting sort of wonky mouth.

Must stress I'm not mocking them - quite the opposite - nor am I being negative in any way. I just can't help being fascinated by it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55273 on: December 31, 2020, 08:20:35 PM »

Dave & Sue

Hi Dave,

Incred.

I wish I knew who does this - it's clearly too well-written to be me, & it is beautifully put together. I can only think of 2 people who a) know we well enough & b) write that well, & both are blondes. Sky Bet have put Tighty in at 1/4. He's a very busy man, so I'd not bet on it, but it's possible I suppose. There ought to be a way of finding out, & there probably is, but I cba really. It's certainly more interesting than my real life.

I do hope you & Sue are both well, & I'm very touched by the kind works you & many others posted on today's Results Thread Next Door.

xx to you both in 2021, & if a miracle occurs, see you in Vegas again.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55274 on: December 31, 2020, 08:26:15 PM »

Dave & Sue

The only inaccuracy I can see is that they missed the bit where he had insisted that Sarah Stirk should appear with him in the golf commentaries.  When they got her in for an audition they realised that she was far superior to Mr Kendall, and he lost the gig.  The rage was picked up on earthquake monitors 50 miles away from Sky Sports H Q.  Think it still drives his bitterness about her to this day TBH.  

His walls are now adorned with posters of Michael O'Leary, but legend has it there are some rare early Sarah Stirk prints behind them.

Stop it David.

I made a lifestyle decision a while back to go all Zen & not think any mean thoughts. However, no matter how hard I try, Miss Stirk still makes me want to smash the TV set to pieces. Most of Sky Sports Golf coverage is, as you know, "fill", & when she comes her banality abso drives me nuts with her drony high pitched voice. There are plenty of excellent female golf presenters & pundits, but I'm sorry to say she's not one of them.  

She lobs up THE most ridic questions. She's like the Derek Thompson of Golf. 

"So Tiger, you shot 17 under to win the Masters by 23 shots. Did that feel good?"

Big well done to you David on your excellent results Next Door, especially the Sunday Major. Now go win the just announced £100,000 SPT Online at at the of January.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:46:04 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3681 3682 3683 3684 [3685] 3686 3687 3688 3689 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: