blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3686 3687 3688 3689 [3690] 3691 3692 3693 3694 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296224 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #55335 on: January 19, 2021, 01:53:05 PM »

If you're going to Nova Scotia you've got include an Oak Island trip imo. Be criminal not to.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55336 on: January 19, 2021, 03:48:28 PM »

If you're going to Nova Scotia you've got include an Oak Island trip imo. Be criminal not to.

Is that the one with the legendary pirate treasure?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #55337 on: January 19, 2021, 05:51:57 PM »

Argh, that be the one.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55338 on: February 01, 2021, 08:56:24 PM »

What a few days I had last week, felt like I got the Trifecta up.

On Thursday I got a text inviting me to book my jab. Took about 3 seconds to get that booked & I was a mite surprised how quickly it cheered me up. Booked it for 0810 on Saturday.

On Friday my Contract was renewed for another 12 months. I had been told some time ago it would be, but even so, I was whittling to bits about it. And then, with hours to spare, it all came though. Happy days. That – all being well, God willing etc – will take me into my 16th year with them. The jobs I’ve had since I retired in 2004 is incred but who could ever have predicted a decade & a half with Sky? And it all began thanks to Phil Q.

Saturday morning I was as excited as the annual “off to Vegas” day. Arrived at the jab clinic 30 minutes early & the whole thing was just perfect. Think they’d hired the local Women’s Institute girlies for all the non-Medical admin & usherers, & they could not have been more friendly & helpful. I maybe spend too much time exposed to the rough & tumble of the internet world, & it was all such a contrast. Boris & Co have made a complete balls of the virus response, but here, at the ground level, it could not have been a better experience. I had the Pfizer jab & had no after-effects except I was absolutely buzzing. The whole thing lifted my spirits wonderfully. After the jab I had to sit in the “recovery area” (a tent) & it was full of elderly ladies & gents, all chit chatting to each other as if they had known each other all their life.  It was like turning the clock back half a century, everyone so friendly & no edge.   

Then the rest of the weekend was live updating the SPT Online, the biggest MTT Sky Poker have ever staged. 5 figure guarantees are rare there, but this was a cool £100,000, & it made just shy of £140,000. The Update got over 11,000 views, which is a tidy number for that forum. Two long days though, with Day 2 finishing at 0320 this morning, so I was physically wrecked.

Today? Flat as a pancake, the dreaded adrenalin hangover. This adrenalin stuff is the nuts, it enables us to do so many things, but the cold turkey is agony.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55339 on: February 01, 2021, 08:57:25 PM »

Who knew Tom had started doing voice overs for TV ads? This is incred.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55340 on: February 01, 2021, 08:58:50 PM »

Talking of Red, he mentioned eating dogs last week, & it reminded me of this photo. So many questions, most of all why so many peas?

Click to see full-size image.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55341 on: February 01, 2021, 08:59:05 PM »

On Thursday I got a text inviting me to book my jab. Took about 3 seconds to get that booked & I was a mite surprised how quickly it cheered me up. Booked it for 0810 on Saturday.

On Friday my Contract was renewed for another 12 months. I had been told some time ago it would be, but even so, I was whittling to bits about it. And then, with hours to spare, it all came though. Happy days. That – all being well, God willing etc – will take me into my 16th year with them. The jobs I’ve had since I retired in 2004 is incred but who could ever have predicted a decade & a half with Sky? And it all began thanks to Phil Q.

Saturday morning I was as excited as the annual “off to Vegas” day. Arrived at the jab clinic 30 minutes early & the whole thing was just perfect. Think they’d hired the local Women’s Institute girlies for all the non-Medical admin & usherers, & they could not have been more friendly & helpful. I maybe spend too much time exposed to the rough & tumble of the internet world, & it was all such a contrast. Boris & Co have made a complete balls of the virus response, but here, at the ground level, it could not have been a better experience. I had the Pfizer jab & had no after-effects except I was absolutely buzzing. The whole thing lifted my spirits wonderfully. After the jab I had to sit in the “recovery area” (a tent) & it was full of elderly ladies & gents, all chit chatting to each other as if they had known each other all their life.  It was like turning the clock back half a century, everyone so friendly & no edge.   

Then the rest of the weekend was live updating the SPT Online, the biggest MTT Sky Poker have ever staged. 5 figure guarantees are rare there, but this was a cool £100,000, & it made just shy of £140,000. The Update got over 11,000 views, which is a tidy number for that forum. Two long days though, with Day 2 finishing at 0320 this morning, so I was physically wrecked.

Today? Flat as a pancake, the dreaded adrenalin hangover. This adrenalin stuff is the nuts, it enables us to do so many things, but the cold turkey is agony.

Thats great news, Mum has her jab on Wednesday and I'm over the moon about it. Give it a few months and we might have plenty to smile about this year over here.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55342 on: February 01, 2021, 08:59:48 PM »

How lucky is that Barry Carter fella?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55343 on: February 01, 2021, 09:00:31 PM »

Thats great news, Mum has her jab on Wednesday and I'm over the moon about it. Give it a few months and we might have plenty to smile about this year over here.

That's spooky Barry, I just posted that hand you butchered.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55344 on: February 01, 2021, 09:01:25 PM »

Talking of mysteries…..

You’ve all seen this clip of Mr Trump’s (ex) Official White House Spiritual Adviser, but does anyone know why that geezer just keeps walking back & forth across the stage?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55345 on: February 01, 2021, 09:02:03 PM »

I happened across this last week. What memories.

https://twitter.com/danaimmanuel

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55346 on: February 01, 2021, 09:03:29 PM »

How lucky is that Barry Carter fella?

Butchered? This week I am going to be posting a very ambitious argument for it having been a good (or possibly borderline) call because it was a PKO and I could win four bounties. Given my co-author also thinks I butchered it I don't it will hold much weight, but hey ho, PKO Poker Strategy is available in all good book shops now
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55347 on: February 01, 2021, 09:04:02 PM »

By way of a conversation starter, I posted this amazing photo on the Live Update. Bet that lot could tell a story or two. I chatted to Mr Channing about it a few days earlier & he remarked how interesting it was that 10 of the 11 are still with us.   

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55348 on: February 01, 2021, 09:19:41 PM »

Talking of Red, he mentioned eating dogs last week, & it reminded me of this photo. So many questions, most of all why so many peas?

I laughed far too much at those peas. I think I might be hysterical.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55349 on: February 01, 2021, 10:28:23 PM »

Thought you might like this, Tikay.

Pages: 1 ... 3686 3687 3688 3689 [3690] 3691 3692 3693 3694 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: