blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 3689 3690 [3691] 3692 3693 3694 3695 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6322140 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55350 on: February 01, 2021, 10:30:09 PM »

Good week all around for you, too.

Congrats on another year on the firm, and hopefully we can celebrate with a few sticky buns in the summer Wink

Glad the vaccination all went well, and agree with everything you've said there. We might have nawsed it up majestically, but at least we've got the vaccine going at a good rate, and hopefully will see some normality before many others. Though if you believe the ickologists, we're all done for, and this is it Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55351 on: February 01, 2021, 10:52:17 PM »

By way of a conversation starter, I posted this amazing photo on the Live Update. Bet that lot could tell a story or two. I chatted to Mr Channing about it a few days earlier & he remarked how interesting it was that 10 of the 11 are still with us.   

Click to see full-size image.

Having seen that photo, I posted this in the thread next door, but think it got lost in the rush.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/25/ron-fanelli-wanphen-pienjai-poker

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55352 on: February 01, 2021, 11:03:44 PM »

Talking of mysteries…..

You’ve all seen this clip of Mr Trump’s (ex) Official White House Spiritual Adviser, but does anyone know why that geezer just keeps walking back & forth across the stage?

I have seen that, I don't get anything about that clip. 

The story behind songs just washes over me normally, every so often I realise what a song that I have been singing for 30 years is about. 

There is some religion invoved in this I saw earlier, the bit with the gospel singers in the middle of this is great.  And who knew John Legend used to hang round with Kanye and was on it?  BBC4 does some great things.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000rpms/hip-hop-the-songs-that-shook-america-series-1-1-jesus-walks-by-kanye-west

Congrats on the vaccine, I am feeling pretty optimistic right now.  My mum had the vaccine last week, and they are doing fantastic right now after butchering the resaponse for months.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55353 on: February 02, 2021, 12:02:50 AM »

By way of a conversation starter, I posted this amazing photo on the Live Update. Bet that lot could tell a story or two. I chatted to Mr Channing about it a few days earlier & he remarked how interesting it was that 10 of the 11 are still with us.   

Having seen that photo, I posted this in the thread next door, but think it got lost in the rush.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/jul/25/ron-fanelli-wanphen-pienjai-poker

FFS!

I didn't know the Mad Yank was a mu-diddly-urderer.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55354 on: February 02, 2021, 11:29:24 AM »

Black mirror indeed

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/02/exercise-instructor-appears-to-unwittingly-capture-myanmar-coup-in-dance-video

Imagine coming up with this in a storyline; and setting it to that music; and yeah, she has to be wearing a face mask...

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55355 on: February 02, 2021, 11:40:05 AM »

Black mirror indeed

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/02/exercise-instructor-appears-to-unwittingly-capture-myanmar-coup-in-dance-video

Imagine coming up with this in a storyline; and setting it to that music; and yeah, she has to be wearing a face mask...

Just three months ago we had this too, there could be an award for bizarre comedy dystopia moment of the year

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55356 on: February 02, 2021, 01:05:05 PM »

How lucky is that Barry Carter fella?

Butchered? This week I am going to be posting a very ambitious argument for it having been a good (or possibly borderline) call because it was a PKO and I could win four bounties. Given my co-author also thinks I butchered it I don't it will hold much weight, but hey ho, PKO Poker Strategy is available in all good book shops now

Ha, in like a shot with the spam.

I note the Sky Poker Twitter feed was spamming your book on Sunday too.

Looks like it worked as well....

https://twitter.com/IVIystical/status/1356582801567604737

How's the weather up there today? I heard it was pretty bad.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55357 on: February 02, 2021, 01:08:22 PM »

Doesn't make much of a difference when you are locked down really, a tad slippier on the dog walk I suppose
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55358 on: February 02, 2021, 01:10:22 PM »

Doesn't make much of a difference when you are locked down really, a tad slippier on the dog walk I suppose

It's time we had a new photo of your beloved Lab.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55359 on: February 02, 2021, 01:16:00 PM »

It's time we had a new photo of your beloved Lab.

He turned 12 last week. He is doing great six months after his big operation but sadly we are starting to have conversations about how long the good times will last. He is having longer walks now than he was two years ago and seems to be loving life, but we fear he may struggle if it's hot this summer with his breathing and he also is having accidents in the middle of the night. Times are good with him at the moment, but we think it's a coinflip whether he will be here a year from now.

Are you still tempted by one?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 01:17:39 PM by DaveShoelace » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55360 on: February 02, 2021, 01:26:31 PM »

Ahh, he looks gorgeous. It's true what they say, too - owners start to look like their dogs.

I'm still aching for a dog, yes. Previously, what with trips to SPT's & the annual Vegas jaunt for a month or so, I had an excuse not to get one, but I'm not sure that excuse still stands what with Lockdown & everything. One of these days the temptation will get too much, & I'll either ask Tom to get me sorted or toddle off to the local dog's home.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55361 on: February 02, 2021, 01:36:04 PM »

Ahh, he looks gorgeous. It's true what they say, too - owners start to look like their dogs.

I'm still aching for a dog, yes. Previously, what with trips to SPT's & the annual Vegas jaunt for a month or so, I had an excuse not to get one, but I'm not sure that excuse still stands what with Lockdown & everything. One of these days the temptation will get too much, & I'll either ask Tom to get me sorted or toddle off to the local dog's home.

Best (non marriage) thing I ever did getting a dog and the investment really compounded when the lockdowns started. They make you laugh, they make you walk, they make you chat to strangers and they make you less precious about your house because they make a right bleedin mess of things. Their only crime is not living long enough.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #55362 on: February 02, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »

Best (non marriage) thing I ever did getting a dog and the investment really compounded when the lockdowns started. They make you laugh, they make you walk, they make you chat to strangers and they make you less precious about your house because they make a right bleedin mess of things. Their only crime is not living long enough.

That’s one of the best summaries of the benefits of dog ownership I’ve read. Love the pics of your Lab - how can you look at that face and say no?
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55363 on: February 10, 2021, 09:33:36 PM »

FFS!

I didn't know the Mad Yank was a mu-diddly-urderer.

Based on the 10 years mentioned he should be due out of jail now too.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55364 on: February 11, 2021, 08:37:07 PM »

What a few days I had last week, felt like I got the Trifecta up.

On Thursday I got a text inviting me to book my jab. Took about 3 seconds to get that booked & I was a mite surprised how quickly it cheered me up. Booked it for 0810 on Saturday.

On Friday my Contract was renewed for another 12 months. I had been told some time ago it would be, but even so, I was whittling to bits about it. And then, with hours to spare, it all came though. Happy days. That – all being well, God willing etc – will take me into my 16th year with them. The jobs I’ve had since I retired in 2004 is incred but who could ever have predicted a decade & a half with Sky? And it all began thanks to Phil Q.

Saturday morning I was as excited as the annual “off to Vegas” day. Arrived at the jab clinic 30 minutes early & the whole thing was just perfect. Think they’d hired the local Women’s Institute girlies for all the non-Medical admin & usherers, & they could not have been more friendly & helpful. I maybe spend too much time exposed to the rough & tumble of the internet world, & it was all such a contrast. Boris & Co have made a complete balls of the virus response, but here, at the ground level, it could not have been a better experience. I had the Pfizer jab & had no after-effects except I was absolutely buzzing. The whole thing lifted my spirits wonderfully. After the jab I had to sit in the “recovery area” (a tent) & it was full of elderly ladies & gents, all chit chatting to each other as if they had known each other all their life.  It was like turning the clock back half a century, everyone so friendly & no edge.   

Then the rest of the weekend was live updating the SPT Online, the biggest MTT Sky Poker have ever staged. 5 figure guarantees are rare there, but this was a cool £100,000, & it made just shy of £140,000. The Update got over 11,000 views, which is a tidy number for that forum. Two long days though, with Day 2 finishing at 0320 this morning, so I was physically wrecked.

Today? Flat as a pancake, the dreaded adrenalin hangover. This adrenalin stuff is the nuts, it enables us to do so many things, but the cold turkey is agony.

Disappointed there was no stake for this? Miss the annual tales arse rippage and sticky buns.

Cymru am byth
Pages: 1 ... 3687 3688 3689 3690 [3691] 3692 3693 3694 3695 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: