blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3705 3706 3707 3708 [3709] 3710 3711 3712 3713 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296640 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55620 on: May 01, 2021, 11:48:20 AM »

With the snooker coming to a climax this weekend, I'm suddenly reminded of the 1980 renewal, 41 years ago, when TV coverage was interrupted to bring us breaking news of the SAS storming the Iranian embassy. What a story.

That was the incident that brought the SAS into the public eye. Before that no one had heard of them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:50:24 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #55621 on: May 01, 2021, 03:31:08 PM »

Spotted on Twitter, here's Marky147 with his own version of a Lockdown haircut.

Click to see full-size image.

That's a fine beard, lovely teeth too. Looking well

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55622 on: May 01, 2021, 03:41:44 PM »

That's what a bloke said when he saw my mongrel dog. He obviously wanted to be positive but could find nothing to be complimentary about. Eventually he ventured, "Nice teef".

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55623 on: May 01, 2021, 06:11:13 PM »

I felt bad for the guy in my barbershop, as I  must have been in there well over hour getting sorted out.

Felt so bad I chucked him a tenner tip on a £20 beard trim.

No longer going for Castaway auditions, providing they don't go doing anything daft like locking down again Grin

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #55624 on: May 01, 2021, 09:18:05 PM »

That's what a bloke said when he saw my mongrel dog. He obviously wanted to be positive but could find nothing to be complimentary about. Eventually he ventured, "Nice teef".

Haha in this case I'm just totally jel, always notice teeth because mine are so bad

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55625 on: May 01, 2021, 10:10:15 PM »

Haha in this case I'm just totally jel, always notice teeth because mine are so bad

Mine were ok, but once I got MS and started on the steroids and other meds they started to go downhill. I never thought much of it, until a bunch of people in one of the Tysabri groups started posting the same stuff about theirs chipping.

I had a couple crowns from some chipped teeth in my younger days, so when one of my crowns at the front broke I went out and got them all done in one hit Cheesy

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55626 on: May 01, 2021, 11:11:27 PM »

Mine were ok, but once I got MS and started on the steroids and other meds they started to go downhill. I never thought much of it, until a bunch of people in one of the Tysabri groups started posting the same stuff about theirs chipping.

I had a couple crowns from some chipped teeth in my younger days, so when one of my crowns at the front broke I went out and got them all done in one hit Cheesy

My front ones went West donkey's years ago. I was attempting to pole vault out of a stable and I didn't realise that the pole was higher than the stable door. When the pole hit the top of the door jamb it stopped dead, as did my teeth when they made contact with the pole, all except the bottom half of the front two that is, they snapped neatly off and completed the journey out on to the cobbled yard without me.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55627 on: May 01, 2021, 11:48:44 PM »

My front ones went West donkey's years ago. I was attempting to pole vault out of a stable and I didn't realise that the pole was higher than the stable door. When the pole hit the top of the door jamb it stopped dead, as did my teeth when they made contact with the pole, all except the bottom half of the front two that is, they snapped neatly off and completed the journey out on to the cobbled yard without me.

Mine was nothing that exciting, lol. What a 'mare Cheesy

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55628 on: May 02, 2021, 10:09:14 AM »

I love the way you describe things Red, Did that all start with the phrase "Watch this"?Cheesy

I lost a front tooth during an operation (don't make women driver jokes as they wheel you to an operating theatre, they have you unconscious in there), woke up to a tooth missing, caused a bit of a flap as they hadn't found the tooth or even noticed it breaking. Had to have an x-ray as it was presumed to have gone down my throat, and could have ended up somewhere bad, like my lungs. They didn't find it so it was presumed I'd passed it.

Their worry about the potential for being sued made them very quick to promise to pay for a bridge, probably could have got a crown but not a fan of taking more than I needed from the NHS.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #55629 on: May 02, 2021, 01:16:34 PM »

The lost tooth during an OP is actually not uncommon.  My brother was an anesthetist and said he warned patients that it was a possibility, particularly if the teeth were slightly loose.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55630 on: May 02, 2021, 02:07:04 PM »

The lost tooth during an OP is actually not uncommon.  My brother was an anesthetist and said he warned patients that it was a possibility, particularly if the teeth were slightly loose.

So I was told afterwards. It's the effort of intubation I was told. I didn't kick up a big fuss, just made a joke about it to a nurse after I'd noticed,  but I think it was the lack of warning & the not noticing that caused a bit of a flap.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55631 on: May 02, 2021, 09:21:57 PM »

Oh the drama...

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55632 on: May 03, 2021, 12:54:34 PM »

With the snooker coming to a climax this weekend, I'm suddenly reminded of the 1980 renewal, 41 years ago, when TV coverage was interrupted to bring us breaking news of the SAS storming the Iranian embassy. What a story.

That was the incident that brought the SAS into the public eye. Before that no one had heard of them.

By coincidence, I read that one of the soldiers was buried on Friday on the anniversary of the start of the siege. I'm fairly certain this is my first memory of news happening, and without checking, I think another brick in the wall was the same time, ( could actually be I don't like Mondays) but could well be wrong. Just something that is stuck in my memory.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55633 on: May 05, 2021, 08:46:32 AM »

By coincidence, I read that one of the soldiers was buried on Friday on the anniversary of the start of the siege. I'm fairly certain this is my first memory of news happening, and without checking, I think another brick in the wall was the same time, ( could actually be I don't like Mondays) but could well be wrong. Just something that is stuck in my memory.

Hope you & yours are are keeping well Vinni.

You still with RIO?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55634 on: May 05, 2021, 08:47:48 AM »

The camera never lies, but it does bend the truth occasionally.

Here's an undoctored 'photo of the Bidens with the Carters.

Pages: 1 ... 3705 3706 3707 3708 [3709] 3710 3711 3712 3713 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: