blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:39:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3709 3710 3711 3712 [3713] 3714 3715 3716 3717 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6295990 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55680 on: June 12, 2021, 08:41:28 AM »

You guys crack me up, keep them coming......

Morning Dave.

Any news on your USA trip? I thought of you when I saw Virgin & BA pushed dates back again the other day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #55681 on: June 13, 2021, 06:37:19 AM »

Hi Tony,

We've put a hold on the "when" part of the trip, as we aren't fans of vouchers and then having to pay any revised extra costs; we continue looking at the wheres' and how, but
to be honest Sue's mum is having a rough time with her health at the moment, so even that is taking a back seat.

I finally retire at the end of the month and fully convert into an OAT: Old Age Teenager when I will complete
my " I wished I had done that when I was younger, but my 8th decade will have to do"

Things on the agenda are:

Wing walking
Getting on a TV quiz rogramme.
Couch to 5k
A small Tattoo
At least 50 urban rambles(code name for afternoon pub crawls) in different parts of the country during the next 12 months, praise given to our free bus passes.
Oh, and just in case Sue reads this, I'll spend more time with our family.............

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55682 on: June 17, 2021, 10:37:52 AM »

Hi Tony,

We've put a hold on the "when" part of the trip, as we aren't fans of vouchers and then having to pay any revised extra costs; we continue looking at the wheres' and how, but
to be honest Sue's mum is having a rough time with her health at the moment, so even that is taking a back seat.

I finally retire at the end of the month and fully convert into an OAT: Old Age Teenager when I will complete
my " I wished I had done that when I was younger, but my 8th decade will have to do"

Things on the agenda are:

Wing walking
Getting on a TV quiz rogramme.
Couch to 5k
A small Tattoo
At least 50 urban rambles(code name for afternoon pub crawls) in different parts of the country during the next 12 months, praise given to our free bus passes.
Oh, and just in case Sue reads this, I'll spend more time with our family.............

Just so you know, I started with 'one' tattoo. Now have my hands done. Just a warning. Smiley

Cymru am byth
Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #55683 on: June 17, 2021, 11:56:01 AM »

I'm sure the pain will keep me down to one, and I will have it done in Vegas after winning the Collosus in November, if we get there.

Here's the full list from WSOP

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Tony: The Seniors is calling you..........
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55684 on: June 17, 2021, 12:16:40 PM »

I'm sure the pain will keep me down to one, and I will have it done in Vegas after winning the Collosus in November, if we get there.

Here's the full list from WSOP

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Tony: The Seniors is calling you..........

The Stake wants a piece of that action Tikay, just saying.

Cymru am byth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #55685 on: June 21, 2021, 01:28:55 PM »

Happy solstice

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55686 on: June 23, 2021, 04:41:05 PM »

A Step-Well located in Rajasthan, India.

Wouldn't fancy having to climb them everyday.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55687 on: June 26, 2021, 08:24:47 AM »

New six-parter for you, Tikay:

Programme: Secrets of the London Underground
Channel: Yesterday
Date: Tuesday 13 July

It's been filmed earlier in the year, during the restrictions.

https://www.therailwayhub.co.uk/59627/new-tv-documentary-secrets-of-the-london-underground-to-air-this-year/

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55688 on: July 09, 2021, 08:45:38 AM »

Don't know whether you spotted this on Social Meeedia Teeks.  Name the blonde.

"My international debut working in the oval scorebox."

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55689 on: July 09, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »

No idea Boo. First thought was Tighty, but the phrasing is all wrong. Nelberg?

Give us a clue.

PS - Hope you & all at home are OK mate. Will catch up on Diary replies soonest, bit under it at the moment.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55690 on: July 09, 2021, 10:43:05 AM »

Give us a clue.

PS - Hope you & all at home are OK mate. Will catch up on Diary replies soonest, bit under it at the moment.

All good here thanks , ducking and diving.

It was a tweet from Longy.

Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55691 on: July 09, 2021, 11:03:37 AM »

Give us a clue.

Ahh, fabulous. We shared a wonderful evening at a ball game in Vegas a few years ago. Very interesting chap who has travelled the world to watch sports events. I'll try & find the photos.

What is his Twitter alias please?

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55692 on: July 09, 2021, 01:01:38 PM »

Give us a clue.

Ahh, fabulous. We shared a wonderful evening at a ball game in Vegas a few years ago. Very interesting chap who has travelled the world to watch sports events. I'll try & find the photos.

Mark Long
@longy1111
Sport obsessive, liberal, parkrun tourist, geek, lover of wheat beer.

Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55693 on: July 10, 2021, 08:45:01 AM »

Give us a clue.

Mark Long
@longy1111
Sport obsessive, liberal, parkrun tourist, geek, lover of wheat beer.

Thanks Boo.

As we are on the subject of cricket, did you see this amazeballs catch yesterday?

https://twitter.com/SkyCricket/status/1413575483309137923

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55694 on: July 10, 2021, 08:58:28 AM »

New six-parter for you, Tikay:

Programme: Secrets of the London Underground
Channel: Yesterday
Date: Tuesday 13 July

It's been filmed earlier in the year, during the restrictions.

https://www.therailwayhub.co.uk/59627/new-tv-documentary-secrets-of-the-london-underground-to-air-this-year/

Hi Simon,

Apologies for the much delayed reply. How are you & your family keeping? All free of the dreaded lurgy? Any Vegas plans?

I'll certainly give that a view.

Have not been on a "tube" train for some 15 months due to the COVID stuff. We often used to get a TravelCard & just get on a train & see where it took us. Reach the end of the line, turn round & come back. Sad & geeky, but harmless. 

When reading that puff piece on that TV Series, they made mention of a clock on Acton Town Underground Station made by "The Self Winding Clock Company.  They don't make Company names like that any more, sadly.

I always wondered how, even back in the day, the clocks at every Underground Station were always unerringly accurate. Now I know.

The Self Winding Clock Company provided c.600 electric clocks across the tube, driven by pulses from centralised “master” clocks

Sadly, almost all "clocks" at Railway Stations these days are digitalised.

Pages: 1 ... 3709 3710 3711 3712 [3713] 3714 3715 3716 3717 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: