blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3734 3735 3736 3737 [3738] 3739 3740 3741 3742 ... 3778 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6296094 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56055 on: July 07, 2022, 06:40:06 PM »

View from my room, with the Wynn & it's golf course prominent.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #56056 on: July 07, 2022, 06:42:46 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Big chips at the front, sir.

Good luck today.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56057 on: July 07, 2022, 06:44:22 PM »

Have bumped into so many friends, in no particular order Joe Beevers, Simon Galloway, Simon Trumper, Tal, Chompy, Jen Mason.

On which note it is Jen Mason's xxth Birthday today. And that means it's 17 years ago this week I first hooked up with Jen in Vegas for blonde. She's a smashing friend, a fascinating character & we've never had a cross word in all those years. If you happen to read this Jen, have a lovely day.

And where will she be today? At The Orleans, playing the $300 Razz, along with Tal, plus Natalie & Adam Bromley. They'll have an absolute ball.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56058 on: July 07, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »

Ralph & Alan, thank you.

I've been plagued with computer access problems all trip, plus whilst I can take (blurry) photos easily with my new SmartiePhone thing, I am really struggling to Upload them easily.

I CAN upload them but it's a 197 click process which requires my 'phone PLUS my laptop.

So it looks like no photos during the game later, but I will try & take a few & then Upload them after play ends. Same goes for written Updates I'm afraid, I can't really do them on a 'phone but I'll try & do them afterwards.

As it happens, play does not start until 3pm Vegas which is 11pm UK, so most of you will be in bed by then, but hopefully there'll be a bit of an update to awake to on Friday.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56059 on: July 07, 2022, 06:51:00 PM »

Splurge from the WSOP page....

2022 WORLD SERIES OF POKER
EVENT #72: $1,500 MIXED OMAHA (TWO RE-ENTRIES)
Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better; Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better; Big O (5 Card
Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better) (7 HANDED)
THURSDAY – JULY 7, 2022 AT 3 PM (3 DAY EVENT)

Starting Chips: 25,000
Level Duration: Day 1 = 40 minutes
Days 2 & 3 = 60 minutes
Late Registration: 9 levels (≈ 9:45 p.m.)
Games change after every 7 hands

Day 1:
3:00 p.m. Start
Play 15 levels
15-min breaks every 3 levels

Day 2:
2:00 p.m. Restart
Play 10 levels
15-min breaks every 2 levels
60-min dinner break after level 21 (≈ 8:30 p.m.)

Day 3:
Restart TBD
Play down to a winner
15-min breaks every 2 levels
Dinner Break TBD

In flop games, the ante is posted from the Big
Blind. In Pot limit, the ante only counts as part
of the pot “AFTER THE FLOP.” In Pot limit,
the ante is equal to the big blind.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56060 on: July 07, 2022, 06:52:48 PM »

Some things never change - this year's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest was won by You Know Who, for the 7th straight year. I keep hoping he will choke on the damn things but he never does.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #56061 on: July 07, 2022, 07:31:02 PM »

Some things never change - this year's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest was won by You Know Who, for the 7th straight year. I keep hoping he will choke on the damn things but he never does.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2022/07/05/nathan-s-hot-dog-eating-contest-protesters-charged--nypd

Was quite an eventful occasion

“As soon as I grabbed the guy, I realized he was a kid,’’ the 38-year-old Chestnut said. “I felt bad afterwards. I was just amped up, just focused on getting back to eating."

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #56062 on: July 08, 2022, 03:11:23 AM »

Popped over to see tikay a little while ago. Despite him wearing one of his more sombre shirts, I was just about able to make him out from fifty feet away.

At that time, I was able to see his face above the chipstack, but I gather he has since doubled up to 48,000. The condition of neighbouring posteriors is as yet unknown. I felt it inappropriate to enquire.

On a nearby table, what seemed to be a fairly agreeable, kindly, old gentleman smiled, tapped the table, stood up, wished his now-former tablemates well and shuffled off the Omaha coil for this event. The smiles on the table were less enthusiastic when his seat was filled by a grinning Bruno Fitoussi. I imagine playing a mixed Omaha tournament and having Bruno smile at you is much like popping round for dinner at Dr Lector's and learning you go well with a malbec.

A further wander brought me to a table near the rail where a man in a baseball cap (askew) was informing his paid-up audience that he will play Uno or Monopoly with anyone for money. Only at the WSOP, ladies and gentlemen, thought this observer.

While imparting more wisdom about his mastery of all things Hasbro and Mattel, the capped crusader threw a single chip into the middle and announced "rah-zay". The dealer was a lady of some considerable experience and her tolerance for such idiosyncrasies was appropriately limited. She rolled her eyes, informed the chap that he didn't say "raise", waved off the pleas for clemency ("speech impediment", if you will!) and called for the floor in an excruciatingly maternal tone.

With the chap now the size of the monopoly dog and realising his "get out of jail free" card wasn't going to be of use, he apologised to the dealer, agreed his utterance was in the "things that aren't RAISE" category and accepted the ruling of it being a call. A masterstroke in policing the table. It was like seeing Nigel Owens calling on a number 8 to behave.

Run deep, tikay. Go get 'em.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 03:13:21 AM by Tal » Logged

Kid Grimsby

View Profile
« Reply #56063 on: July 08, 2022, 04:45:58 AM »

Just seen Tony,

Much happier now he’s got 60,000 chips, onwards and upwards….
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #56064 on: July 08, 2022, 06:32:54 AM »

good luck, those pictures of the orleans O8 game make me very nostalgic, maybe next year ill be there.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #56065 on: July 08, 2022, 09:10:38 AM »

Vbol Tony I’ve only just seen this so missed out but no matter
We got home Sunday after 5 of the best vegas weeks ever on a combined honeymoon/ holiday
Played the least poker and the most slots ever and no roulette- my biggest leak

We both caught covid while there and were poorly with heavy flu symptoms in weeks 2-3
Now we need 10hrs sleep so we are in bed by 9 pm I just about managed to get up at 0600 yesterday n the day before for two days work ,but by 1600 was flagging
So please take precautions

Totally agree with one bullet ,is that an age thing ? Or a tight git thing ?    or a money is precious don’t waste it ?

Looking forward to reading more GL GL

I am glad to be home out of the vegas heat it’s draining
But now we have a heatwave 😂😂😂☀️☀️☄️☄️

Re: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
« Reply #55989 on: June 20, 2022, 12:01:24 AM »
He said he wasn't taking a second bullet, so don't know why people are sending them. 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56066 on: July 08, 2022, 10:43:50 AM »

Am suffering a bit with tiredness post Covid too.  Seems worse after Covid than during Covid.  Hopefully will be better after the weekend.

Amyway  "former Sky Poker Grandad" [(c) pokernews] seems to have had a late slip up and ended on 31k after getting to 60k at one point.  Fans going to be disappointed he isn't on his normal stack of 10BBs already.  Good luck tomorrow Tony.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56067 on: July 08, 2022, 11:23:49 AM »

Hi Guys,

I took copious notes & a few photos, but the Update, such as it is, will have to wait until the morning, as I'm proper whacked. It's 03.22am here and I've just arrived back in my room, & I need food too.

Apologies.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56068 on: July 08, 2022, 03:11:22 PM »

Popped over to see tikay a little while ago. Despite him wearing one of his more sombre shirts, I was just about able to make him out from fifty feet away.

At that time, I was able to see his face above the chipstack, but I gather he has since doubled up to 48,000. The condition of neighbouring posteriors is as yet unknown. I felt it inappropriate to enquire.

On a nearby table, what seemed to be a fairly agreeable, kindly, old gentleman smiled, tapped the table, stood up, wished his now-former tablemates well and shuffled off the Omaha coil for this event. The smiles on the table were less enthusiastic when his seat was filled by a grinning Bruno Fitoussi. I imagine playing a mixed Omaha tournament and having Bruno smile at you is much like popping round for dinner at Dr Lector's and learning you go well with a malbec.

A further wander brought me to a table near the rail where a man in a baseball cap (askew) was informing his paid-up audience that he will play Uno or Monopoly with anyone for money. Only at the WSOP, ladies and gentlemen, thought this observer.

While imparting more wisdom about his mastery of all things Hasbro and Mattel, the capped crusader threw a single chip into the middle and announced "rah-zay". The dealer was a lady of some considerable experience and her tolerance for such idiosyncrasies was appropriately limited. She rolled her eyes, informed the chap that he didn't say "raise", waved off the pleas for clemency ("speech impediment", if you will!) and called for the floor in an excruciatingly maternal tone.

With the chap now the size of the monopoly dog and realising his "get out of jail free" card wasn't going to be of use, he apologised to the dealer, agreed his utterance was in the "things that aren't RAISE" category and accepted the ruling of it being a call. A masterstroke in policing the table. It was like seeing Nigel Owens calling on a number 8 to behave.

So many gems in this update.

More please if time permits.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56069 on: July 08, 2022, 03:42:35 PM »

So many gems in this update.

More please if time permits.

Love this update too. 

Things like the "rah zay" annoy me though.  If he said it before flicking in the chip, just stop the action and clarify what he meant.  You don't need the floor, and 9 times in 10 the person queerying is the more experienced player/angle shooter and just wants to see a cheap flop or similar.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 3734 3735 3736 3737 [3738] 3739 3740 3741 3742 ... 3778 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: