blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 09:51:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273502 Posts in 66761 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6417692 times)
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: December 10, 2007, 06:03:21 PM »

The whole area is gob smackingly beautiful

I have often thought that smacking your gob would be beautiful.

you'd lose your hand in the dark chasm from which he speaks

Speaks? BOOMS more like. I've never heard him speak, he roars.

Chasm? Bellmouth I'd call it.

now now boys steady down

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: December 10, 2007, 07:54:41 PM »

I have to say I need to get out more and get fresh air - these pics are fantastic!  I may have to buy a dog just so I can legally go out in the country - sad reflection on society that it's not safe (or deemed not to be safe) to go walking in the english country side alone.

There you go Tracey, more pics from my part of the world. This is Dovedale. Magnificent on a summers day.

Jeez - I know I'm better at getting to an airport than turning right up the motorway but I always thought Derby was brown and dark really... Very nice, lucky you.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 10, 2007, 08:01:32 PM »

I have to say I need to get out more and get fresh air - these pics are fantastic!  I may have to buy a dog just so I can legally go out in the country - sad reflection on society that it's not safe (or deemed not to be safe) to go walking in the english country side alone.

who deems it not safe?

By many I suppose. I used to love walking through the woods and parkland near my old house over some land belonging to the Spencer family in Northampton, you could make a nice round walk of it. But you just don't know who is around, and on one occasion I was in a position that made me feel very uncomfortable and threatened and when there is no one else around it makes it worse.

As a strapping bloke Boldie you probably don't hold much fear when walking around alone, but there are times when for a woman it's just not good. It's a sad reflection but it's true.  Having said that I walked around new york on a saturday night without any worries at all! 
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 10, 2007, 08:02:10 PM »

When scenery is a stone through away one tends to forget it is there.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: December 10, 2007, 08:50:32 PM »

[/quote
SIAD THE CANOEIST IN THE CUPBOARD
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:06 PM »

[/quote
SIAD THE CANOEIST IN THE CUPBOARD

Enigma machine anyone?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 10, 2007, 11:56:23 PM »

Here's a little bit of the world near us..........

Near Lady's View - Killarney

Torc Waterfall - Killarney

We take our kids to this spot most Sundays during the summer.  Stunning views and a nice little hike to the top without being a killer.  I managed it 9 months pregnant once, only to discover a road when we reached the top.      Great fun for all. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 11, 2007, 12:23:17 AM »

This is where i was brought up. Picturesque.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1943 on: December 11, 2007, 08:14:28 AM »

This is where i was brought up. Picturesque.

Ah Easterhouse...I have wanted to spend many a hoiday there, shame i can't afford such an exotic destination Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 11, 2007, 10:19:05 AM »

Here's a little bit of the world near us..........

Near Lady's View - Killarney

We take our kids to this spot most Sundays during the summer.  Stunning views and a nice little hike to the top without being a killer.  I managed it 9 months pregnant once, only to discover a road when we reached the top.      Great fun for all. 

THe countryside round Killarney's beautiful Laxie, a couple of friends of mine used to be Park Rangers at the national park & gave me a 2 day tour, including the Yew Tree in Muckross Abbey, (the pics not great, but because the tree grew in the cloister, it twisted round trying to get the light, so the whole trunk is twisted) .

They also took us badger watching, where we had a pair of badger cubs playing right at our feet - loved the place.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: December 12, 2007, 01:14:54 AM »

Precisely. If I recall correctly, you are (were?) in Outlane, near Huddersfield? If so, what stunning countryside you have around the corner. Ever been to Slaithwaite? (Pronounced "Slawa" I believe).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 12, 2007, 01:29:24 AM »

Great pics Tony, and the one of Durham Cathedral is stunning, If you want to see another stunning cathederal check out Gaudi's in Barcelona(i dont know how to post pics but you can find em) a truly stunning piece of work

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1947 on: December 12, 2007, 01:33:38 AM »

Here is my fav

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 12, 2007, 01:43:44 AM »

So, on Monday I decided to pay a visit to the beleagured G-Luton, where a small Post-Fessie field (30 odd) played the £50 + £50 + £50 jobbie, & managed to cash for £900. Once it got down to Dick Lynch & myself, with the stacks 120,000 to 80,000 in his favour, a deal was inevitable, he suggested & we quickly agreed (IIRC) £900 for me & about £1,000 for him. I say "inevitable" because Dick is old guard, none of this "I don't do deals" nonsense, it's a good return for an evening so let's chop it up. It's a nice little chunk of cash, & oils the wheels nicely at the levels I increasingly play these days. I can turn a profit - enough to justify the exs - in small comps with my eyes closed, & I pity those that continue to chase the Big-Buck rainbows but don't have the wherewhithal.

Two hands were key. I was always above-average, & then this bish-bash-bosh jobbie went off.

It's Dick Lynch (he covers both of us), Jim McBride & me. There's been a pre-flop Raise by Dick, called by Jim & me.

Dick is holding 

Jim is holding 

And I've got 

And after seeing this flop, you can imgine how fast the chips were being shovelled in......

Dick was about 60-40 favourite here, & Jim was out with the washing, but I won it the hard (= lucky) way when the  turned!

Then, in the Final, 4 left, & with some 35k in front of me, I made it 12k on the Button (quite reasonably) with  & got popped to 24k (all-in to him) by  . I felt pot-stuck, so called, & in the ugliest of suckouts, rivered my 3 outer. I just hated this hand, the poor fella had not put a foot wrong all night. Poker is a cruel game.

The hand of the Final for me though was when a lad by the name of Smart Alec (he flopped quads & got paid TWICE) & was God's gift to poker decided he was gonna bust me come what may. I'd been waiting for my chance to bust him for hours, & sure enough, eventually my patience was rewarded.

He's playing 60k, me 35k, & he Bets 3.5k (blinds are about 300-600, amazingly low, with average stack some 25k -VERY playable!), & I re-pop to 10k with Queens, & I am 100% sure he's gonna move in on me, as he has been doing to everyone all night. He does just that, I call, & he's got  . He's a 7 to 3 dog, & the Queens hold up. A-J all-in, with 100 Big Blinds behind!

Happy days.

A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Sadly, the Dealers Choice Game never started - Lalit, Jim, Ambro, Mick, Hinge & Bracket, Gino, etc were all AWOL.

The Blinds in the Tourney were awesome - the Final began at 25k average, 300-600!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 01:50:44 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 12, 2007, 01:48:07 AM »

Here is my fav

Lincoln?

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: