blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:33:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 ... 3779 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6334688 times)
Dino

View Profile
« Reply #9735 on: October 20, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »

No belt and now tank tops. Things are looking rather bleak imo. In fact the sirens from the fashion police are getting louder by the day.
There is no need for a belt,as was suggested on the open last night the trousers are also sewn into the tank top.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: October 20, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »

tank tops are for train spotters imo.... oh hang on a minute!!!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: October 20, 2008, 05:59:03 PM »

I sense a lot of jealousy on this thread - there's not many men that can get away with wearing a tank top Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Richard Orford

View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: October 20, 2008, 06:35:55 PM »

I sense a lot of jealousy on this thread - there's not many men that can get away with wearing a tank top Smiley

Yes, I know. I wore a tanktop to the recent DTD Sky Tour event and got nothing but grief all day....from a certain Mr. Kendall.

One month later and he's brazenly copied my wardrobe. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then bring back insincerity I say.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: October 21, 2008, 09:44:12 AM »

Well done for the win at Luton last night tikay.

Did the tank top work its wonders for you again?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: October 21, 2008, 10:57:58 AM »

well he couldn't have had any aces up his sleeves.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: October 21, 2008, 11:46:07 AM »

Jeeze sorry Tikay - I thought the text saying you won it was a wind up. Who knew? 

Good comp last night, structure allowd me to remain below starting stack from the beginning and stay like that until just before final table. Knocked out before the money though.

Niall anounced last night that the Monday comp is going to be a £50 + £50 + £50 (add on or rebuy) from next week.

I am sorry to say I caught Tikay last night trying to get Sebs phone number under the guise of getting him on the show. The sight of an older man chasing after young Seb pleading for his phone number will paint an unsavoury picture in many blondes minds. Add in Tikay wearing the tank top and that image is complete.  Seb made his excuses and left.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: October 21, 2008, 02:09:53 PM »

LOL, are we one step nearer getting Seb and Celtic together on 865? Please please please...
Celtic has the perfect T-shirt for the occasion

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: October 21, 2008, 06:02:30 PM »

I guy said "Hi" to me in Luton last night, & I did not initially recognize him, his face was familiar, but he did not "fit" somehow in Luton.

Then the penny dropped, & I realised it was Paul Zimbler, aka "The Marbella Kid" or somesuch. Dunno about "Kid", he's about my age, but he's OK, & is back in the UK for a while to "do some business".

He's a bit of a wheeler & dealer is Paul, always got a new scheme on the go, but he's straight as a die I beleve.

He was with DTD for a goodly while, during their "profile-raising" stage before the Club opened. I recall him in Monte Carlo, where he was quite helpful with our Updaters who were covering the EPT Grand Final during the time DTD sponsored the blonde Live Updates, & there were some problems with the Hotel Rooms. Like, they were incredibly expensive!

I'm not sure what his DTD job-title was, but he seemed to be in charge of spending money - he was in "Promotions" or PR or whatever, & that's what PR peeps do - spend money. Other peoples, always. DTD gave away free Condoms to every player at the EPT Monte Carlo, with a sign on the packet saying "Go All-In with DTD". Yes, yes, I know, but each to their own I suppose, but I must say, I thought it was a bit tacky. Worked though. The Profile-Raising, I mean, not the Condoms. And they had those "DTD Girls", posing everywhere, arses in the air, remember them? Again, each to their own.,.....

I chopped a Super-Sat for a Barecelona Main Event with Paul years ago, & he ended up owing my €500 or something, & I thought I might have been shafted, but he coughed up next morning, exactly as agreed, as good as gold. His poker style reminds me very much of Danny Samson. Give him a big stack & he's a bloody nightmare to play against.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:16:03 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: October 21, 2008, 06:26:37 PM »

Answers to your Posts, questions & comments soonest - I always seem to have things to do, & I'm a bit behind with the Diary.

I have been in touch with my solicitor about these Tank-Top comments - I have an image to protect. I am insulted about the offensive comments as to the offending apparel. It's called "class", & you either have it, or you don't.

The e-Mails & PM's have been flying today - I did over 60 this afternoon alone.

I was searching for something on a e-Mail & discovered that of my last 500 e-Mails, 221 were to Tighty. It must be love. But we do work very well together, on blonde, APAT & other stuff, we sort of fit like a glove. He's the hand, by the way.

The eclectic range of incoming e-Mails & PM's never ceases to amaze me.

What we going to do about so & so? (blondepoker Web Ltd overdue debtor).

Shareholder issues. Groan.

New business leads.

WSOP Final-Table Media Accreditation.

Facebook faff.

'Stars & Party Poker bumf.

And, yesterday, memorably..."which kind of sausages do you prefer?"

You could not make this stuff up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: October 21, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »

A nice chappie from Harrahs sent me a form for Final-Table Media Accreditation for the WSOP Final next month. (But no air tickets or hotel booking, sigh).

From which I noticed that the Final will take place in the Penn & Teller Theatre, which is in the Rio itself.

Cue endless puns in the post-Final Headlines.

AndrewT starts even-money favourite for best pun.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9746 on: October 21, 2008, 07:22:22 PM »

A nice chappie from Harrahs sent me a form for Final-Table Media Accreditation for the WSOP Final next month. (But no air tickets or hotel booking, sigh).

From which I noticed that the Final will take place in the Penn & Teller Theatre, which is in the Rio itself.

You do that every time - and the pressure always makes me freeze.
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9747 on: October 21, 2008, 08:08:08 PM »

I'm in Vegas that weekend -- can I be you - perhaps not

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: October 21, 2008, 09:41:16 PM »

Thank you for the compliments & insults concerning my win in last night's Luton Novelty Comp - that's the one I said I'd never play.....

To set the record straight, I had a small chip-lead Heads Up, & Matey Boy proposed an equal chop, so the deed was did. We played one hand for the "title", & we both had Q-5! So we drew a High-Card & I got lucky. We both took £620, & I had 4 Bounty Tokens, too, each worth £20. Nice.

It was an odd Tourney. Compo busted in the first 10 minutes, (after winning the £100 the night before), & Ding played great to Final, but got unlucky.

Tom Myland got cold-decked in the Final against Mick, when both had 2 pairs, but I thought the round of applause for Mick busting Tom was a bit rich.

I was sub 10 x Big Blinds almost the whole night, but just grinded away, which is what I enjoy most.

In the Semi, I shoved with 8-8, & ran into slow-played Queens, but I setted.

In the Final, in a truly bizarre play, I shoved when there were 6 of us left with 5-5, & Tom Myland insta-called me for most of his stack, oops. He had 4-4!

Then I shoved again with 8-8 & got Called by,.....7-7.

It was that sort of night, it just was.

For some reason, a lot of players seemed intent on targeting me, showing me their funky moves. Hey-ho. I just watch & smile, & take huge pleasure from outlasting them, as they fell by the wayside, one after the other, having donked off huge stacks......

Wednesday is my next Luton jobbie, then Friday, too, for the Monthly £250.

Meanwhile, toniight, I am working, hard,too, ditto Thursday, but not at Feltham in either case. But that's another tale altogether.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: October 21, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »

I am playing Online tonight, & this exchange took place in the Chat-Box. I was asked about my cats, & mentioned Charlie, my old tabby, who I had put to sleep 2 years ago.

CROW - What was he like?

Me - "Well, Charlie was a "she" actually. Very feisty, cranky, & bad-tempered, but a great character".

CROW - "Just like Compo then?"

That Crow fella is not as daft as he looks.

Pages: 1 ... 646 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 654 ... 3779 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: