blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  check-raised by a mouse ?!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: check-raised by a mouse ?!  (Read 2895 times)
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 04:07:05 PM »

I'd also like to retract my previous comments. If I didn't know from my own data that he's a genuine mouse then I'm shoving em in too. Though I kind of suspect the reload will still be in order.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 06:03:31 PM »

One of Flushy's accounts is described as a mouse by poker-edge whereas he is clearly a green fish.

I don't think it is too accurate....

i've never found a mouse on there to NOT be a mouse though!

and yes people appear to be different on different sites but thats because maybe they played on one site 3 years ago when they were shit. like my pokerstars calling stationess !!
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 06:19:38 PM »

This might seem ultra risky but I'd re-raise the mouse for $20 and then if he comes back over the top fold (I know this sounds like donking off half your stack) but I'd read the mouse for AK or maybe A 10 also rather than trips.

I think a mouse would muck 22 to a raise of 5 times blind and a call pre-flop so the only hand they'd be winning with are AA or 10 10 and with one of each on flop and you holding one of each in hand statistically it's incredibly unlikely that's what the mouse has - hence the re-raise to find out (but maybe I'm just a really bad player).

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 07:06:34 PM »

This might seem ultra risky but I'd re-raise the mouse for $20 and then if he comes back over the top fold (I know this sounds like donking off half your stack) but I'd read the mouse for AK or maybe A 10 also rather than trips.

I think a mouse would muck 22 to a raise of 5 times blind and a call pre-flop so the only hand they'd be winning with are AA or 10 10 and with one of each on flop and you holding one of each in hand statistically it's incredibly unlikely that's what the mouse has - hence the re-raise to find out (but maybe I'm just a really bad player).

but if u reraise for that amount ur committed for the rest and therefore your calling when he moves over top with top 2...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »

but if u reraise for that amount ur committed for the rest and therefore your calling when he moves over top with top 2...

Fair point Adam but I just find it hard to believe he's behind given the play here and having made the initial call what did he want to hit on flop - having played the hand to then lay down top 2 pair takes a better player than me and overall I think playing them in this situation will win more than it loses.

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
Smart Money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 03:57:21 AM »

I think a mouse would muck 22 to a raise of 5 times blind and a call pre-flop...

I disagree. It's a standard call against non-serial pre-flop raisers- especially since it's only costing him 4BB to call.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2007, 03:33:58 PM »

Anyway, this thread should die. Its an instacall.
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »

It's probably more interesting to think about how you are going to play the rest of the streets? I would rarely pass here I think you are ahead more often than not, but would you be calling the turn bet to check/call the turn and river? I would flat call his flop reraise let him bet the turn and stack off at least then he can have bet the turn mistakenly and committed himself if he is a poor player with a decent ace...and we lose to hands we were paying off anyway.
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 08:17:33 PM »

what would you do if he was a jackal ?

is it cold in his shadow ?
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 08:18:05 PM »

or a Lion ??

BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 08:18:34 PM »

or an Elephant Huh?

BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »

do you think Elephnt's are scared of Mice ( in poker terms )

cos that's just silly

AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 10:36:39 PM »

do you think Elephnt's are scared of Mice ( in poker terms )

cos that's just silly

I THINK HE SHOVES IF HIS OPPONENT ISNT A 'MOUSE'

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 11:56:53 PM »

yes quite.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: