blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:49:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  My First Bad Beat Post
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My First Bad Beat Post  (Read 1412 times)
Bib
Probation

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:44:15 PM »

in a small tourney, 90 runners, i've passed everything and not played a hand. I look down at    the blinds are 25, 50 so far only one limper. I raise to 250 and everyone passes except the limper who calls. flop comes  He checks, i raise 500. He calls. next card  he checks i raise 500, he calls. Next card  he goes all in.

After trying to work out what he had that he would call 250 with i assumed either ace ten or queen jack, so either way i was beat. so i called, which pissed me off no end afterwards. I dont normally call when i think im beat.  so he turned over   

i wasn't out but i was down to 320 in chips

my only conclusion, play against him more often and laydown your cards when you think you are beat.

Funky, Fresh & In The Flesh
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

I hate to say this bud, but everyone gets them and no-one gives a shite about anyone else's.

Welcome to blonde though.
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 07:02:35 PM »

50 pence!

get him out of the pot on turn by shoving or making ur bet alot bigger than 500 as thats what u did on flop.....500 on turn makes u look weak and gives him good odds to call to his his gut shot draw on river which he spiked unlucky tho!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
Tragic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 07:58:10 PM »

50 pence!

get him out of the pot on turn by shoving or making ur bet alot bigger than 500 as thats what u did on flop.....500 on turn makes u look weak and gives him good odds to call to his his gut shot draw on river which he spiked unlucky tho!

Plus by the turn it's an open ender. Gotta bet more!
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

i think we should start charging a quid for these bad beat stories. maybe people might think twice then 

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:56:22 AM »

I hate to say this bud, but everyone gets them and no-one gives a shite about anyone else's.

Welcome to blonde though.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

RESSSPECTTT!!!!!!!!!
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 06:54:30 AM »

After trying to work out what he had that he would call 250 with i assumed either ace ten or queen jack, so either way i was beat. so i called

what book does it tell you to call an all in when you think you are beat ?

and then you moan about losing ?

i think you are just annoyed that you played badly. sure your opponent played badly , but so did you.

try to learn something from the hand and move on.

is it cold in his shadow ?
AdamG

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »

After trying to work out what he had that he would call 250 with i assumed either ace ten or queen jack, so either way i was beat. so i called

i think you are just annoyed that you played badly. sure your opponent played badly , but so did you.

puttin it bluntly arent we..... he just needs to learn from mistakes thats all no need to diss him majorly as well but the guy shouldnt really call pre, or flop.. but turn he got outs so is deffo calling 500 for runner runner str8 on river..... ship it...

unlucky but still badly played by AA....

just memba how i played my AA vs ur JJ last time i played with u Bib...  try some new tactics next time Smiley unlucky but still u love fish calling with draws long as they miss Wink

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=36782.0
Alias' >>> DeeohDoubleG - PokerStars    adamg001/TrustinMe - DTD    Garvey001 - FullTilt <<<
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 05:45:14 PM »

puttin it bluntly arent we..... he just needs to learn from mistakes thats all no need to diss him majorly as well but the guy shouldnt really call pre, or flop.. but turn he got outs so is deffo calling 500 for runner runner str8 on river..... ship it...

unlucky but still badly played by AA....

just memba how i played my AA vs ur JJ last time i played with u Bib...  try some new tactics next time Smiley unlucky but still u love fish calling with draws long as they miss Wink

theres no other way to put it , bluntly, he made a terrible call on the river when he knew he was beat.

what did i say at the end of my post ? try and learn something from the hand and move on

i also said his opponent played badly.

it was a bad beat , big deal , we'll all see a thousand bad beats , this is an analysis board and if someone cant deal with a few harsh words they should'nt bother putting their play up for analysis.

is it cold in his shadow ?
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 05:55:19 PM »

theres no other way to put it , bluntly, he made a terrible call on the river when he knew he was beat.

what did i say at the end of my post ? try and learn something from the hand and move on

i also said his opponent played badly.

it was a bad beat , big deal , we'll all see a thousand bad beats , this is an analysis board and if someone cant deal with a few harsh words they should'nt bother putting their play up for analysis.

Bib
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 03:25:14 PM »

your exactly right, i'm more annoyed with how i played the hand. I'll gladly have him on my table but i need to play hands like that differently.

Funky, Fresh & In The Flesh
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 01:11:08 AM »

Dont be afraid to post again if you want to improve your game. Just steer well clear of bad beats if you want to get non-flaming responses.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: