blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  A fun once for those that think they know %ges.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A fun once for those that think they know %ges.  (Read 3311 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 08:28:42 PM »

given the information then the guy with 6's is about 20% to beat Kings as is the guy with 9's, the guy with an Ace is about 35% to beat Kings so Kings are still favourite as there are more cards in the kings favour as kings don't need to hit so I reckon Kings are still about 55% to win. One other thing in the Kings favour is that all 3 of his opponents are actually taking some straightening card possibilities from each other (and maybe flush possibilities).

how can Kings be 55% here? there's no way that can be the case.

Any pokershow where they show the stats kings and Queens show up at roundabout 34% when there are more than 3 other people in the pot. Pre-flop you're one in 3-ish..if you survive the flop your odds obviously go up tremendously.

You are a favourite over the other players so you're chance of winning the pot are higher than the others chances ..but that doesn't mean that you are more than 50%.it just means your % is higher than everyones individual %.

I might be way off here and that just means I haven't been paying attention when Late night poker or something was on but I reckon there's no chance in hell you win this one more than half the time statistically.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 08:35:20 PM »

given the information then the guy with 6's is about 20% to beat Kings as is the guy with 9's, the guy with an Ace is about 35% to beat Kings so Kings are still favourite as there are more cards in the kings favour as kings don't need to hit so I reckon Kings are still about 55% to win. One other thing in the Kings favour is that all 3 of his opponents are actually taking some straightening card possibilities from each other (and maybe flush possibilities).

Any pokershow where they show the stats kings and Queens show up at roundabout 34% when there are more than 3 other people in the pot. Pre-flop you're one in 3-ish..if you survive the flop your odds obviously go up tremendously.

You are a favourite over the other players so you're chance of winning the pot are higher than the others chances ..but that doesn't mean that you are more than 50%.it just means your % is higher than everyones individual %.

I might be way off here and that just means I haven't been paying attention when Late night poker or something was on but I reckon there's no chance in hell you win this one more than half the time statistically.

tbh it was a complete guess, my brain hurts too much to work it out properly.

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »

tbh it was a complete guess, my brain hurts too much to work it out properly.

like I said...I just know what the late night pokershows tell me and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find Jesse May was talking piash all this time  Smiley  I know F all about pot-odds..especially in a situation like this

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 08:44:30 PM »

Flea your maths doesn't quite add up, they need to addup to 100 including splits.
I generally work that any random hand v a high pp is about 15-20% so 3x15 leaves you 55% without splits or 3x20 leaves 40% so somewhere in between is about right.
so 47.5% Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 08:49:29 PM »

about 33%

30% ace queen win

19% 66 win

18% 99 win

at a guess

perhaps i should be folding 99 preflop.............bad hand

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »

i'd guess a tad under 50...off to check how close that is....

...also the relative suits will have a smallish impact on the %s too

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 03:06:30 PM »

The kings are in fact 45% to win this coup. I was suprised at how high they were tbh. I tried working it out the wrong way when i was on the table, adding up the combined probabilities of KK holding against each individual hand. Eg its 4-1 v a pp (66+99) + AQ has a 30% chance of outdrawing the kings.

Quite suprising really. Pokerstove is a wicked bit of kit btw. Play around with it and try some matchups. If ur sooooooted ur never that far behind.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »

did M3 come 4th?

no way on earth he came near to winning the hand?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 03:38:27 PM »

Quote from: AlexMartin
The kings are in fact 45% to win this coup.

I was right then...  

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »

The kings are in fact 45% to win this coup. I was suprised at how high they were tbh. I tried working it out the wrong way when i was on the table, adding up the combined probabilities of KK holding against each individual hand. Eg its 4-1 v a pp (66+99) + AQ has a 30% chance of outdrawing the kings.

Quite suprising really. Pokerstove is a wicked bit of kit btw. Play around with it and try some matchups. If ur sooooooted ur never that far behind.

wow that is high..and Jesse May (maybe not surprisingly) is full of it..OK it's not him but the graphics guys.

Looks like I might need to gets me da stove

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 04:52:55 PM »

I worked it out the same way as you and then added some back to the kings to take into account the times more than one of the opposing hands hit.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 08:18:32 AM »

I remember this hand.

What is important is the stack sizes.

UTG has circa 8k, UTG+1 has circa 45k, UTG+3 has circa 7k and I have circa 40k

No one elseat the table has over 12k.

UTG has AQ
UTG+1 has 66
UTG + 3 has 99

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 08:43:59 AM by M3boy » Logged
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 10:58:33 AM »

did M3 come 4th?

no way on earth he came near to winning the hand?

We haven't heard a bad beat whinge... I can only assume he won! Cheesy

HI HELEN!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 10:59:13 AM »

...or folded.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 11:12:01 AM »

It says in OP that he called.. Keep up..

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: