blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:17:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 At A Glance  (Read 12056 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 05:02:16 PM »

hi guys, is Sherwood still in?

Yes he is, he has 36k currently.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 05:11:28 PM »

hi there guys any updates on Rick gilby please as i know he started day third short stack

cheers

Is this him? Are you the recipient of the text he's sending in the photo after knocking out David Knight? All in before the flop, I believe, Rick holding and Knight holding  .

Board - three diamonds
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 05:17:36 PM »

5 tables left, everyone now gets £600

Dylan Herbert just had his Kings cracked by J-T on a T-9-x board, the turn and river producing an Eight and a Queen.

Karl Mahrenholz just lost 12k after raising to 4k in MP, and having to call a push for another 8k with his . He was behind (surprisingly) to the short stack's Nines which tripped up on the flop and stayed good.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 05:24:58 PM »

Payouts:

1st -- £90,000
2nd -- £50,000
3rd -- £30,000
4th -- £20,000
5th -- £15,000
6th -- £10,000
7th -- £8,000
8th -- £6,000
9th -- £4,000
10th to 13th -- £3,000
14th to 18th -- £2,000
19th to 27th -- £1,200
28th to 36th -- £800
37th to 45th -- £600
46th to 60th -- £400
61st or below -- £100

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 05:32:55 PM »

Soxy - 38k

Jim Moult - 50k

Jeff Burke - 55k

Karl Limbert - 40k
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »

any news on lord gosney plz ,
if hes still in wish him gl from me plz.

I'm afraid he's gone, out in maybe 57th place. He made his exit when there were 7 tables left, anyway.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 06:11:13 PM »

Richard Gilby is OUT. Ace Jack into Aces. Dylan Herbert has also gone, they're dropping like Ramones here, he had but ran into and and predictably finished third in that hand. The Queens prevailing.

Blinds 1k/2k, average 52k, just under 40 left.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

Mr Amrat Patel, who I think got a mention on Thursday for being the only person who actually requested that I take his photo, has been lucking out all over the shop today.

I arrived in the cardroom just in time to see Willie Tann walking off (moving so fast you can barely see him). Apparently Mr Patel had raised preflop and Willie had re-raised all in with A-5. Mr Patel called with Q-T, and the flop came J-K-A.

Dan Owston informs me also that just before the last break, Dylan Herbert also lost most of his chips to Mr Patel - a giant 75k pot, leaving him with just 13.5k. Dylan apparently raised with Kings and Amrat calls. The flop comes T-9-Rag, and Patel bets with his T-J; Dylan comes over the top and Patel calls. Turn - Q. River - 8. Shocking.

And THEN, as I'm scribbling all this down, Dylan moves in with and Patel calls with  . And astoundingly, the board comes down three diamonds for a split. Says Dan Owston to dealer Liz - "I thought you were going to be nice to him." Says Liz, "I was. It's better than losing." Poor old Dylan. Lucky old Amrat.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 06:42:33 PM »

Soxy is OUT. He raised 15k preflop and a gentleman whom we shall for the moment call Mr M. Boy moved over the top.

Soxy -

Mr M. Boy -

Board -
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »

Richard Simmonds has doubled up off if Kevin O'Leary, getting it in on the river of a board. Simmonds shows and O'Leary mucks.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 06:50:05 PM »

Rob Sherwood has doubled up, all in preflop for 19k from the cutoff. Big blind Karl Mahrenholz, eyebrows suddenly reaching skywards at the push from across the table, sort of grins and says, "I might have to apologise in advance for this," as he calls. He turns over . But no apology is necessary, as Rob turns over and the two hearts board changes nothing.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 06:50:44 PM »

All the action is over on Ash Hussain's table. He raises to 6k, Jonothon Butter's raises the pot whilst a third player moves all-in. Ash passes his Ace King, Butters reveals a pair of Nines, whilst the third player shows Tens. Ash is annoyed at this point, and more so when the first card out is the , but it's followed by the . Only when the Ten and two Kings are pushed up and the dealer announces 'Full House' does Ash suddenly realise he'd have lost.

A couple of hands late and Roberto Romanello raises to 6k from the cut-off, Martin Green calls on the button and Ash calls from the big blind.

Flop:

Ash and Roberto check, Martin bets 12k with into the 19k pot, Ash folds but Roberto can't quite pass and puts Martin in with . Martin calls with a slow-played , which suddenly looks vunerable on the two spades turn, but the river is the . Incidentally Ash had 2-2 and the small blind had Q-7. Somehow, if they had all slowplayed, the betting could've got very interesting on the turn.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »

Karl Mahrenholz has just knocked out Kevin O'Leary with Aces vs Ace Queen on a Queen high board.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »

More chips for Amrat Patel, doubling up off of Paul Rodgers. Amrat puts in a fairly chunky bet on the Two Diamonds three clubs flop. "I'll raise," says Paul, and no sooner has he said it then the rest of Amrat's chips are across the line.

Amrat Patel -

Paul Rodgers -

Turn -

River -

Olebode "Buddy Love" Ayegul, who is incidentally grinding by on about 21k, and whose name I now know how to pronounce because I asked him, says to Amrat, "So which do you want? The straight or the flush?" Both will do just fine. Straight flush I might have started to suspect some kind of dark pact though.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 07:26:25 PM »

Osman Mustanoglu has just doubled through in a blind vs blind spot. Getting it all-in with on an board against the Nines of Ashfag Ahmed, on the turn but then came the Barry Greenstein special.

On the next table, Antony Kennedy, who after a good start today has faltered a bit, has doubled up with Queens against Ace King on a 4-J-4-5-9 board.

With 32 players left, everything has really slowed down, most pots being taken down preflop with only the above two sparks of action in the last twenty minutes or so. People really want to make that jump to the £1,200 payday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: