blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 At A Glance  (Read 11958 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »

Rob Sherwood has cruelly counterfeited a tablemate holding pocket Threes with his A-3, knocking him out as he did so. He apologised and offered a solemn handshake.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 07:31:55 PM »

Ashfag Ahmed has knocked out a gent who I think was Martin Green but he was fuming so much as he walked off that I was afraid to ask him his name.

Anyway, the Soon-To-Be-Exiting gent bet the flop, and Ashfag raised maybe 30 or 40k. Exit Man moved in. Call.

Exit Man - 

Ashfag Ahmed -

Turn - and River -

And Exit Man is now complaining about some kind of alleged slowroll. Have to say I didn't really notice one myself, but losing with top two pair can maybe do some funny things to your eyes, I guess.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 07:37:57 PM »

Buddy Love, whose name is in fact Ayegun disregarding my random typo before, and which he told me is pronounced Ah-Ye-Gun, has somehow slipped down to 10.5k. With blinds at 1500/3000, he's going to have to get Ah-Ye-Gunning soon if he's going to get any Love from this tournament. I'll shut up now.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 07:41:22 PM »

Welsh Heartthrob Roberto Romanello, whose stack has been hovering around the Short mark for a while now, has doubled up. He checks the two spades flop and his opponent bets. He moves in; call.

Opponent -

Roberto - a sneakily slow-played

The un-spadely and three diamonds turn and river mean that Roberto lives to, er, play some more poker.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 07:42:27 PM »

The Chief was on about 50k last I checked. Average is about 75k.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »

Other chip counts:

Rob Sherwood -- 100k
Jeff Burke -- 65k
Jim Moult -- 93k
Ashfag Hussain -- 170k
Karl Mahrenholz -- 165k (Just picked off a Jeff Burke bluff on the turn of a J-4-2-7-K board with 9-9 against T-9, both checked the river)
Roberto Romanello -- 130k (Just picked off a 22k Ash Hussain bluff on the river of a 2-7-8-8-J board with A-7 against a suspected missed flush draw)
Ash Hussain -- 35k
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 07:57:02 PM by danafish » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2007, 08:03:03 PM »

By the way we're on a bit of a dinner break now. Back shortly, I think.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2007, 09:01:20 PM »

Huge pot between Javed Iqbal and another player whose name I do not know. 90k already in the pot with board reading and Javed Iqbal was comtemplating calling a push for another 18k. Eventually he called with , and his opponent showed him .

Straight away on the turn... .

A few dramatic  shouts of "Thankyou God" put the Chief onto around 170k.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2007, 09:01:41 PM »

Also OUT is Lee Horton. Out in 29th place, apparently, ever so slightly missing out on an extra £400. Not sure who came 28th.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »

Jim Moult has taken a hit, mucking to his opponent's on a three clubs board.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2007, 09:16:25 PM »

The hand following Javed Iqbal's astounding one-outer, he probably wisely folded a pair of Tens to a bet on a Jack-high flop. "I like this hand," he said regretfully as he folded. I don't know how far God's love for Javed Iqbal stretches though...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »

Olebode "Buddy Love" Ayegun who has been sitting on a teeny tiny ministack for a while now, is OUT. He folded his big blind, a quarter of his total stack, to a raise from Ozman Mustanoglu, and then folded his small blind too. Forced to move eventually, he found himself all in with against Gary Chatterton's .

Board - a strangely cruel

And he's getting his coat.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2007, 09:27:37 PM »

Karl Limbert is OUT in 24th place, he pushed his last 30k or so in with Ace Queen but lost out to Rob Sherwood's Kings.

Ash Hussain has won a decent pot from Amrat Patel:

On a Two Clubs board, Ash bet 4k, Amrat made it 14k and Ash called before check/calling another 15k on the turn. Both cautiously checked the river where Ash's triumphed over the Amrat's three clubs

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2007, 09:45:47 PM »

Roberto Romanello is now just basically baiting his tablemates. "Don't do it!" he cries at Amrat Patel, who looks like he's consdidering betting a two spades flop. If this is reverse psychology it doesn't work - Amrat folds up. "You can see one card," says Roberto. "They're both the same. I swear they're both the same." Amrat turns over the , but Roberto throws the other card into the muck before anyone can see it. Hmm. Not sure about any of that.

Then he becomes very vocally involved with Gary Chatterton on a Two Clubs board. Someone suggests that Roberto is holding Jack-Seven. Someone else suggests that he is holding Jack-S***. "Do you have a pair of Twos?" he badgers Chatterton. "A pair of Fours? If you've got a pair of Fives don't call me because I'll lose." Possibly that's not true though - Gary calls, and mucks to Roberto's .

Someone at the next table is complaining that he's going to go home with a Welsh accent from listening to Roberto narrating his hands all night....
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2007, 09:49:16 PM »

and after that can you go into the car park and get all the car number plats please(that Peter pan living in fantasy land) your doing a great job

lol, and can you get an update on Karl Mahrenholz too.... hope he is feeling better, did'nt look too well earlier

He still doesn't look so good, but he's ok for chips. I did see him drop a few to Gareth Westcott though. Gareth called Karl's 12k raise preflop, and bet 15k on the flop. Karl mulled it over and folded, somewhat uncomfortably. He showed A-K. Gareth showed A-J.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: