blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:37:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesquare.com Grosvenor Grand Prix: Day 2 At A Glance  (Read 12033 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 12:01:51 AM »

Rob Sherwood is OUT.

Antony Kennedy raised from the cut-off, Sherwood re-raised from the big blind and Kennedy called. The flop was K-8-8. Sherwood moved all-in and was instantly called by Kennedy's craftly played pocket Kings. Sherwood's A-T meanwhile was drawing to running Aces only, which, as you probably guessed, didn't hit.

And off the back of that, we've lost Gareth Wescott, all-in with A-9 against Jeff Burke's Queens, a third Lady on the flop for good measure.

We're now playing hand for hand before we finish for the night after the next exit.

So. Stop!

Bubbletime...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2007, 12:19:52 AM »

And final table bubble play has been understandably cagey, with a lot of button-raisey blind steals, and the occasional button-raisey-one-of-the-blinds-re-raisey moment, mainly at the expense of Ashfag Ahmed, who doesn't seem to be able to find an Ace or a pair without someone having a bigger one.

Had a near-miss moment just now though. Richard Simmonds makes up the blind, and BB Javed "Chief" Iqbal raises it up. Simmonds calls.

Flop - - Simmonds bets the pot, 56k. Chief asks for a count. Jeff Burke starts to sing, "And it's getting better..." There is now some considerable time to wait while Chief stacks and re-stacks his chips. He stands up. A crows has formed. He looks like he's going to make a speech. Jeff Burke has got up from his seat too and is now whispering to me, "He's going to fold. I predict it." But he doesn't.

Simmonds -

Chief -

Turn and river -

And Richard Simmonds has doubled up.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2007, 12:38:04 AM »

And ladies and gents, I am now free to play the arcades all night because our final table bubble has burst.

I'm not sure whether Javed Iqbal merely made up the blind or whether he raised, but either way big blind Jeff Burke raised him and he called.

Chief -

Jeff -

Board - Two Clubs two hearts

So local boy Javed "Chief" Iqbal (below) is OUT in 10th place, and I am hitting the bar for a cheeky Vimto before heading back to London. Chipcounts for our final 9 will magically appear at some point overnight, and Floppy will be bringing you a solo final table update tomorrow from 3pm, so y'all be nice to him. Adios!

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2007, 12:43:27 AM »

Final Chip Counts:

Richard Simmonds -- 293k
Jeff Burke -- 333.5k
Paul Vicary -- 114k
Antony Kennedy -- 278k
Ashfag Ahmed -- 200k
Marcus Bebb-Jones -- 137k
Paul Rogers -- 297.5k
Ved Madan -- 142k
Amrat Patel -- 366.5k

The final begins tomorrow at 3pm. See you there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: