blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:52:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 35612 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »

Would be grand if you could keep an eye on

Nicolas Levi
&
Arnaud Mattern

both on failry short stacks (15/17 ish), but I'm confident Smiley

Thanks a lot

No problem, I'll shall hover around them lke the grim reaper.

The moment I located Arnaud Mattern, I witness a much blessed double up.  I arrived with all the chips in the middle and Arnaud holding AJ & Marcel Baran holding AQ.  The glorious board for Arnaud came out:

Two Diamonds

To give Arnaud a stack of about 38,000 early doors.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »

Could you please keep us posted on how Mike "Timex" McDonald is doing?
Thanks.
I'm afraid the last time I looked, Mike was yet to take his seat, which, incidentally, is next to top European pro, Dave Colclough (pictured below).

Still, if you're not at the table, at least you can't be eliminated, which is what has happened to flying Fin Juha Helppi, last spotted hanging around the foray chatting on his mobile phone.

Gowardo

BzzzZZzzz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »

Would be grand if you could keep an eye on

Nicolas Levi
&
Arnaud Mattern

both on failry short stacks (15/17 ish), but I'm confident Smiley

Thanks a lot

No problem, I'll shall hover around them lke the grim reaper.

The moment I located Arnaud Mattern, I witness a much blessed double up.  I arrived with all the chips in the middle and Arnaud holding AJ & Marcel Baran holding AQ.  The glorious board for Arnaud came out:

Two Diamonds

To give Arnaud a stack of about 38,000 early doors.

That's what I'm talking about! 

Let's agree to respect each other's opinions, no matter how wrong you may be.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

The blinds start today at 300/600.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »

Just as I watched Mattern double up, I swung around and directly behind me was Ian Cox announcing "I call!"  Mateyboy went all in for about 30,000 on a flop of:

Mateyboy 
Ian Cox   

the next two cards were harmless enough for Ian and he adds to his stack for a total circa 80,000.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »

Uncharacteristically for EPTs, and this is possibly a credit to either the structure or the 15k starting stack, we haven't witnessed the usual flurry of exits that seem to occur during the first level of Day two spades. What we have seen, however, are some mighty big pots and some seemingly brave all-ins. One of those was from Andrew Grimason, who, facing a bet of 10,450 on a Flop, was forced into the think tank by table neighbour Kevin Vreeswijk. Puffing his cheeks out and casually listening to his ipod, Kevin turned to his opponent and looked him straight in the eyes, but it would appear that this confidence was a mere facade as Grimason opted to move all-in before adopting a rigid hands on chin posture.

Kevin quickly folded, leaving Andrew to breath out a deep sigh of relief and thank the Heavens for the fold, although, of course, this could have been a cover up for a bigger hand.

"Show us the bluff!" commanded Paul Gourlay.

I think from the pictures and the expression on their faces you can tell who's who.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »

American Brandon Schaefer is also heading in the right direction. He was all-in on a board, leaving the unusually named Ziad Kaady (where does that name originate from?!) with what appeared to be a tricky decision. He did eventually fold, but it was a nice pot and one that Brandon was in desperate need of.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 02:57:05 PM by Chili » Logged
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 02:55:51 PM »

Nicolas Levi is OUT, he found himself down to 10,000 and in the big blind facing a raise to 1,600 from Dutchman Van Der Berg. Levi made the call and saw a flop

three clubs  check, check

Turn    Thierry bet 2,200, Levi made the call "thought he was at it" said Levi.

River 

Levi put in his remaing chips to try and take the pot with a missed flush but Thierry held  for the full house!

-------------------------------------------

Florian Langmann who made the final this year at EPT London is also OUT.  His chips going in the direction of Cypriot Phidias Georgiou who also went very deep in the London leg of this tour.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »

As Daniel Ryan is spotted exiting stage left, Ian Woodley also catches my eye. The mouthy Londoner isn't someone who wouldn't normally go unnoticed, but I must confess to forgetting he even existed in the comp. "Oh that's great that is," he moans. "I'll try and make your job easier than, shall I, and get myself knocked out."

On a more serious note, Woodley continued, "I haven't seen much in the way of hands, so am below my starting stack for today. Just took the blinds once, that was it."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »

Rumour has it that John Conroy has bitted the dust courtesy of fellow Irishman Andy Black, although this will need to be confirmed.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 03:13:59 PM »

We can now confirm that Mike McDonald has now taken his seat, but has yet to really see a change in his chip stack. If anything, he's dipped down slightly, his call of Dave Colclough's 2k pre-flop raise leading to a fold from both players when Spaniard Jose Luis Picazo Collado made it 8k from late position.

TheBlackThing

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 03:20:29 PM »

Howdy Ho, good people of blonde, and welcome to what should be a sizzling day of poker fun and frolics. The big news in the press room - well, for them anyhow - is that blondeite running buddies Paul Gourlay and Ash Hussain are seated next door to each other. Bamboozled by what was a random draw, the two Northerners try to work out the odds on this occurring, and I think they came up with 45 to 1 in the end. I'm not sure how accurate that ratio is though.

In other news, Dave Colclough will be keen to impress this week and prove his worth with any potential sponsors. He's running very well at the moment and is in with a great shout, but he may also consider accruing a secretary to organise his poker activities as we received a text earlier this morning requesting time of kick-off. The temptation to give an incorrect time was overwhelming.

Speaking of the old guard, how the heck did Liam Flood go from shortstack to second in chips at the speed of a fart? Ireland's Mike Lacey didn't seem too surprised, simply adding, "That's Liam". Maybe there's life in the ol dog yet...

Finally, many thanks to Danny McHugh and the rest of the Mayo Mob for donning the blondepoker logo. It's very much appreciated and we hope to see you guys further down the line, perhaps at the Irish Poker Open next year.
[/b]

Does this mean that Blonde are covering our entry fees...... Jeez guys you are too good!  thumbs up

Also can you keep us up to date on Len Colin please, Thanks.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 03:21:02 PM »

Speaking of Mike McDonald and Dave Colclough, the rest of their table have gone all antsy in their pantsy leading to a three way pot with two players all-in before the flop. It was a rather simple procedure in the end, the shortstack pushing with A-4, Tommi Linfors (pictured) re-raising with A-J before being called all-in by  fellow Fin Sami Kalopuro in the next seat with A-K.

Although the Big Slick was in good shape, it wasn't enough against the A-J of Tommi which hit three pair (if that was a legal poker hand) on a J-9-9-8-8 board. As a result, Sami is sent to the sidelines leaving Tommi with 80k in chips and a smile as wide as Paul Daniels' face.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 03:23:02 PM »

Is Mr Crapper odds-on to reach the final table?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bzola
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »

let us know  how josh gould  doing please
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: